What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eric Grothe Is No Good!!!!!

Hallatia

Referee
I thought Ben Smith was average tonight, to be honest I thought everyone from 1 to 5 was rather average tonight in attack anyway. I commend the whole team's defensive efforts.

Parra Guru

Coach
f**k, what game were you all watching?

It was OBVIOUS that the Warriors only attacking plan was to target Benric. Perhaps if they are to get anywhere in this finals series they should try and not be so one dimensional. Ironically their only legitimate try came down Inu's wing.

But besides that, Eric actually had a good game, and he did the right thing with Swann. Swann was just too selfish to pass out with the overlap. But Eric was right to mark him. Other than that, I see people like to selectively criticise him. What about the errors he caused by his intimidating defence? And his service from dummy half was once again second to none.

Get off his f**king back.

Parra Guru

Coach
Maroubra Eel said:
Geez Eric did drop alot of balls though. Luckily our defence was good.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's see, according to nrl stats, this is the individual error count for the outside backs

Jarryd Hayne - 3
Krisnan Inu - 3
Ben Smith - 0
Timana Tahu - 3
Eric Grothe - 2

hmmmm I can see your point :roll:

Hellsy

Immortal
Some people are just dammed if they do, dammed if they don't, dammed if they try, dammed if they do anything........

Angry_eel

First Grade
With that kind of performance eventhough warriors played a bit sh*t, i don't think any player in the team could be criticised for a lack of effort or guts.

Parra Guru

Coach
I actually thought they tightened the screws and the only time they looked in trouble was when Benny initially got hurt

Angry_eel

First Grade
Parra Guru said:
I actually thought they tightened the screws and the only time they looked in trouble was when Benny initially got hurt

Thye did tighten the screws otherwise even the warriors would have scored a couple down the right side.

Macca_

Coach
As important as his barn storming runs out of dummy half etc are I always feel unsafe when he's under the high ball or the opposition attack his flank. Defensively he's a weak link this season for mine.

Hellsy

Immortal
But does he deserve a thread spanning 8 pages???
Surely we have some other players that either also deserve this fate? or else maybe we should have a general bagging thread.........

Kris Inu missed a high ball that lead to a try......lets start a thread, quick!!!!!

FMD :crazy:

No player that makes more metres than our forward pack on a regular basis is a weak link, they may have weka points in their game but they are not the worst player on the field

Parra Guru

Coach
I basically think that we haven't had a star studded backline since Eric returned to Parramatta, and now we do, he is no longer accepted by a lot of supporters. Parra fans always need someone to cut down, and since Burty's having a stellar year and then got injured, the decide to target Eric. He's not doing anything differently to when he was the golden boy only 2-3 years ago, but no one will dare say a bad word about Inu and Hayne because they can produce a chip kick every now and then. ;-)

Any other team would kill for EGJ in their backline, or our entire backline for that matter but Parra fans are never satisfied with their own team.

I think the criticism is extremely boring, and after the game he had on Friday, unfair too.

Macca_

Coach
I dunno about the 8 pages, I didn't make the thread, I just made 1 reply to it.

I didn't say he was a weak link in attack. I commented on his importance in attack, nor did I say he's the worst on the field :D

I said he's a weak link in defence which he is. He is dodgy under the high ball and often miss reads in defence. Others can be bagged too, but this thread is about Grothe.

Hellsy

Immortal
But why is it that people have to keep it going??
Eric could have a blinder and miss one catch or drop one ball and he would be labelled as useless still

PG we need to start another thread and bag the sh*t out of everyones new favourites that can do no wrong

strider

Post Whore
i can understand ppl's frustration with eric - he makes mistakes ..... but FMD I am sick of JTB dragging this lame f'n thread up every week for ANY error eric makes as some lame f**king attempt to justify to himself that his vendetta against eric is justified

tahu dropped the ball with the line virtually open on friday - where's his thread? eric got about 4 when the ball was knocked out of his hands against the storm

Macca_

Coach
Parra Guru said:
IHe's not doing anything differently to when he was the golden boy only 2-3 years ago.
His weaknesses are being exploited by other teams though.

Parra Guru said:
I think the criticism is extremely boring, and after the game he had on Friday, unfair too.
It is a forum though...

It is part of being fans. Eric is one player that (sitting at home watching) frustrates me and always worries me when he's under the high ball or having runners being directed his way. Just my opinion.

Parra Guru

Coach
strider said:
i can understand ppl's frustration with eric - he makes mistakes ..... but FMD I am sick of JTB dragging this lame f'n thread up every week for ANY error eric makes as some lame f**king attempt to justify to himself that his vendetta against eric is justified

tahu dropped the ball with the line virtually open on friday - where's his thread? eric got about 4 when the ball was knocked out of his hands against the storm

Or what about the 2 stupid options we took at half time....

Firstly Hindmarsh taking it infield after a break when he had Inu screaming for it on the outside unmarked..... Then in the next play, Ben Smith tries the worst grubber of the match again when Eric was unmarked outside him.

Oh but no, Eric made 2 handling errors. That's right.

Latest posts