What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ESL players for NRL

Johns Magic

Referee
salivor said:
Carney would be the only player who would make first grade for the Broncos.

Get your hand off it!

The Broncos are a great team but players like Morley have shown that they can be a force in the NRL.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Sean Long, James Webster, Ali Lautiti, Vinnie Anderson, Logan Swann, Brian Carney, Stuart Fieldon can all come walking to the NZ warriors if they wanna.

salivor

First Grade
Johns Magic said:
Get your hand off it!

The Broncos are a great team but players like Morley have shown that they can be a force in the NRL.

Why don't you get your hand off it and actually tell me players from the ESL who would make first grade at the Broncos. Wether you like it or not we've got a side packed with past and present representative players and a few future ones as well.

Johns Magic

Referee
salivor said:
Why don't you get your hand off it and actually tell me players from the ESL who would make first grade at the Broncos. Wether you like it or not we've got a side packed with past and present representative players and a few future ones as well.

I'm sure players like Fielden and Lautiti would make it on front of Sam Thaiday, Costigan, Parker, etc.

Kieran Cunningham kicks Barry Berrigans ass.

For some strange reasons you Queenslanders think Seymour is a prodigy but there are far better halves in the ESL.

After the way Barnes performed today at hooker I'd have him over anyone.

I don't think many players from ESL would make it into the Broncos starting 13. Today to have Parker, Carlaw, Stagg and Barnes on the bench just shows how difficult it is to make the starting 13. I'd say the only spot which would be taken is the wing spot that Minto is covering, but if Tate were fit, he would be there.

Ghoulies

Bench
Johns Magic said:
I'm sure players like Fielden and Lautiti would make it on front of Sam Thaiday, Costigan, Parker, etc.
Ofcourse they would, but this thread is pointless if we're comparing starters to benchies.

salivor

First Grade
Johns Magic said:

Kieran Cunningham kicks Barry Berrigans ass.

For some strange reasons you Queenslanders think Seymour is a prodigy but there are far better halves in the ESL.

Parker is a Queensland SOO representative, Thaiday and Costigan at this point would be pipped but are future representative players and in Costigans case that future could very well be next year.

Barry Berrigan is one of the most underrated players in the NRL, his value to the Broncos was clear to see today as super sub McGuire just didn't cut the mustard at dummy half trying to fill his shoes. Cunningham is a great player though.

And mate, when a halves combo of 6. Seymour and 7. T.Smith is ripping NSW to shreds for years to come you'll know why we've got raps on the kid. Really doesn't say much for the ESL when only 2-3 players would get a spot in the 17 of the current number 1 side in the NRL.

goldcoastpunk

Juniors
Fielden, Peacock, Sculthorpe, Carney, Gleeson, Leon Pryce would all be good in the NRL imo

Maybes - McGuire, Wellens, Cunningham

bartman

Immortal
nqboy said:
What's a CHAV?

It's the flavour of the month in put-downs over here. Kind of like calling someone a bogan or trailer trash?

Except here the uniform of a chav tends to be tracksuits, caps and a bit of bling, for males and females.

Latest posts