1. Out Now:

Here it is - the latest edition of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine with a full wrap on last weekend's NRL and Super League along with the match programme for the coming round!

Ahead of Women in League Round this weekend, this bumper issue has plenty of features. Paul Jobber chats to Erin Molan about life in broadcasting, footy and more. Joshua Wells talks to NRLW player Botille Vette-Welsh about her rise in the women's game. We've also got Rick Edgerton's weekly finals piece, this week looking at the spines of each of the top eight sides. We also look at Old Boys Day through the eyes of Newcastle prop Daniel Saifiti.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - a full NRL Round 19 programme - and you have one fantastic 36-page magazine for your weekend's reading!

EDITION 17 - OUT NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Euan Aitken

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by TomRedVRiver, Mar 15, 2018.

1. possm

possm Coach

I wonder what warterboy will say after Dufty, Mika and Aitken fail against Newcastle. It will be all too late because the Dragons would have lost another game unnecessarily.

2. Crush

Crush First Grade

Dragons will beat Knights.
    And Dufty will star.
    Cristal ball told me.

3. Dragons 09

Dragons 09 Juniors

Yep, agreed. Just wish our coaching staff had the necessary credentials to develop them further and skills coach them in order to minimise their obvious deficiencies, they both have the potential if it can only be extracted on a consistent basis.

I really think Norman (given time) is the sort of player who will assist both of these guys to show more of their talent in attack. He is a lot less structured than Widdop and will show up on either side of the field, not scared to throw long cut out passes to give them early ball, will chance his hand with trick shots and generally just provide them with more opportunity.

Aitken's defensive reads are still a major problem, but I just hope that Host gets to play on the right side for a while to come because i think he is having a positive effect on Hunt and Aitken's defensive shape and that can only be a good thing.

Crush likes this.
  4. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

Rock solid as always... :)
    For our sake I hope Dufty stars. I still have reservations but lets wish for the best.

Aitken for me is a prime example of when, even after a win, a coach should and can relegate a player. He is a liability.

A couple of good runs, doesnt make up for footy nous.
    Not having a go at you mate, as I said Dufty may come good, but Aitken for me has has ample time to prove his worth.

Blood Shot Eyes, possm and hazzbeen like this.
  5. Crush

Crush First Grade

Aitken and Dufty are about to go on a magical run.
    I'll be VERY surprised if we aren't 4W 2L after 6 weeks and firmly in the top half of the table.
    Dufty loves the weaker teams as they allow him to run.
    Knights W
    Dogs W
    Manly W
    Only negative will be Mary gets his extension on Anzac day.

TruSaint likes this.
  6. TruSaint

TruSaint Coach

If the last sentence happens, then we can kiss the season bye bye my friend. And the next 2. :)
    PS, love your optimism...
    All good.

Warabrook saint and Crush like this.
  7. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

I could just as easily see us losing all 3 of those games. It is not out of reach to do so!. Knights away and hungry for a win.
    Dogs..well last year ring a bell
    Manly we have the wood on but not while Dessie was coaching em or when he was at the Dogs

Warabrook saint likes this.
  8. Crush

Crush First Grade

OK, so you go with LLL and Ill go with WWW and lets see who was closer in a few weeks.

9. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

No I wont go LLL..
    I said I can see it easily happening versus you confidence of booking in as wins
    The Dragons worse case scenario should be 2 wins out of next 3 games (I am doing a Mary talking blocks of games now) cause otherwise we will be in trouble and down near the bottom. Our F & A is already falling way behind where we need to be.
    Besides I will be there in the stands at the Manly game in the Gong so I want to see victory.

Crush likes this.
  10. Alec’s-saints

Alec’s-saints Juniors

And we will whack the roosters again on Anzac Day. It’s becoming a hoodoo

Crush likes this.
  11. BLM01

BLM01 Bench

Hey Possm...Aitken made the team of the week from Round 3 as voted by the fans.
    Were you 1 of them?...or was it those token fans who dont know anything about the game.

12. Blood Shot Eyes

Blood Shot Eyes Bench

Would be nice if Aitken and Lafai start to become a formidable centre pairing for our club....we have been sadly lacking in tbat dept.....unfortunately Im not convinced thats going to happen.....hope they prove me wrong

13. Frank Facer

Frank Facer First Grade

I am more hopeful of Lomax and Marsters becoming a formidable centre paring, but they have to get selected there to start with.

14. Blood Shot Eyes

Blood Shot Eyes Bench

Sadly they probably will...........at another club !!!

15. slippery5

slippery5 Juniors

Wasn't it Hunt that was brushed off after racing up & trying to put a hit on Milford?

True_Believer likes this.
  16. slippery5

slippery5 Juniors

The good car manufacturers will still look to make changes to the cars set up even if they win race 1. unfortunately McNoidea thinks we must be on a winning formula, stick to it.

Warabrook saint and TruSaint like this.
  17. SnowDragon

SnowDragon Juniors

Did Friz have surgery did he?

Crush likes this.
  18. RufusRex

RufusRex Post Whore

It’s embarrassibg how bad he is and how much gitmo still talks him up

19. Frank Facer

Frank Facer First Grade

DROP AITKEN NOW!

RedV Resurgence and possm like this.
  20. BankstownDragon

BankstownDragon Juniors

He is a shocking defender.
    Can not read the play and he will unfortunately NEVER learn....therefore not a first grader.

possm likes this.