What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ever been in RLW?

Farva

Juniors
Nah, but been in the Tele last year in a photo for the 'Good Guys' section. It was with the Dragons and ironically Wes Naqiama was the player in the photo with me........Nice guy, by the way....

Dani

Immortal
Yep, last year. My friend and i sent in our picture and a little story for some competition thing.

Frederick

Staff member
Dani said:
Yep, last year. My friend and i sent in our picture and a little story for some competition thing.
dani.jpg

Dragon_psa

First Grade
In 1996 I won AUS$100 on the fantasy comp they used to run back then, by having Nick Zisti in the wingers table. Saints got to the GF and Zisti scored our only try of that match, so it elevated me to 10th spot and the cheque. It was a good weekend afterwards.

S.S.T.I.D

Bench
Dragon_psa said:
In 1996 I won AUS$100 on the fantasy comp they used to run back then, by having Nick Zisti in the wingers table. Saints got to the GF and Zisti scored our only try of that match, so it elevated me to 10th spot and the cheque. It was a good weekend afterwards.

Ahhhhh, Nick Zisti. Rabbitohs great.

Sugar

Bench
Sent off some pics of my young fella with peachey after the roosters game hopefully we will get to see him in RLW soon

Farva

Juniors
Robster said:
1461085358_l.jpg

I sent this photo in, hopefully it'll make a issue one day.

Maybe you should have straightened your cap first.......or is that the look your'e going for...........

Canard

Immortal
Showing my age here, but I got my letter published in the RLW, back in the pre-Email/Internet days of 1992 (It was around it just was not widely used, and was mostly just text etc.) I was only a teenager at the time though!!

But how is this, I wrote it opposing the use of video replays/referee's (or Instant Replay which was a big topic at the time), because at the the time the NFL had just decided (after using it for a few years) to get rid of it. (Of course they brought it back pretty quickly).

It was even referenced by one of the columnists in the next weeks edition (Warren Ryan).

These days I think despite what some people say, its been one of the best innovations in the game's history. (Yes they get it wrong sometimes, but not a "wrong" as they used to).

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I've had a number make it into Big League.

In fact, BL have now taken it upon themselves to pilfer from our site - a Congratulations post penned by our own Gene Krupa made into this weeks issue - although they quoted the site as www.leagueunlimited.com.au instead of just .com

gregstar

Referee
does having a bat in 1982 & using a league week as privacy protection count as being in it?

Latest posts