What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Every supporter wants a Mark Gasnier

gregstar

Referee
ParraDude_Jay said:
On the same forum with an army of people who think Covell was robbed of an Origin spot? Yeah that will say alot :roll:
easily overcome - make it public & do the math yourself.

grouch

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
Lyon is a better defender, he's bigger, stronger, and can get the ball to his winger better than Gasnier aswell. Lyon is also very quick for his size, easily as fast as Gasnier. The only thing Gas has over Lyon is footwork.
I disagree on all points except the last. Any size or strength difference is so minute it is negligible. As for offloading ability - did you happen to watch tonights or last weeks games? Gasnier not only gets the ball to his winger - he creates a saloon passage to the tryline in the process. Last week he attracted three players and then popped the pass to Best - who happens to have notched up a lazy 14 tries this season outside Gasnier.

This ESL is substandard is just a BS excuse used by idiots who can't find any other way to justify their stupid argument, so they just bag their competition.
No it isnt BS - it is fact. The NRL is far superior in intensity, speed, and the consistency of talent spread across the 15 teams. This is an accepted fact. The NRL is the standard. ESL is below that standard.

And for the record you tool, I don't want the little sh*t back at Parra, however only an idiot would ignore his talent due to a grudge against him. He is the best centre in the world by far.
Good for you, but he's simply not the best.

PJ Marshal

Coach
gregstar said:
well f*cking hell!

i don't think gaz is the best because i believe willie tonga is as good.

but to say that lyon is better beggars belief. someone rip out a forum poll

doods im just toying with ya's

ffs lyon is good and so is the gaz

it would definetly be my australian centre combo

f**k that cat berrigan off

miketyson

Juniors
Gasnier is the best centre in the game bar none.

Seriously lyon .. You guys are having a lend of yourselves.

Phillips

Referee
where was this thread last week? saying Gasnier was the best centre in the game..

or the week before?

gregstar said:
easily overcome - make it public & do the math yourself.

MathsForSkillsSm.jpg

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
grouch said:
I disagree on all points except the last. Any size or strength difference is so minute it is negligible. As for offloading ability - did you happen to watch tonights or last weeks games? Gasnier not only gets the ball to his winger - he creates a saloon passage to the tryline in the process. Last week he attracted three players and then popped the pass to Best - who happens to have notched up a lazy 14 tries this season outside Gasnier.

Yep, and Lyon does the EXACT same thing, however he does it more often, Super League or not he is still better at it IMO.

grouch said:
No it isnt BS - it is fact. The NRL is far superior in intensity, speed, and the consistency of talent spread across the 15 teams. This is an accepted fact. The NRL is the standard. ESL is below that standard.

NRL is superior, but you're making out like a good player over there is automatically ordinary over here which is BS. Jamie Lyon killed it over here too incase you didn't know, this form didn't come when he joined St. Helens. He was an international at 19, Origin player at 20 and carved up. He's coming back for 2007 so I guess since you're unwilling to even consider a good SL player as a good player in the NRL, then we'll have to wait and see.

grouch

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
Yep, and Lyon does the EXACT same thing, however he does it more often, Super League or not he is still better at it IMO.
My opinion is different. Gasnier is better. But offloading is just one weapon he boasts. He is also a threat from dummy half. His footwork makes him a threat in the middle of the field amongst the forwards. His height makes him a threat under the high ball. He can use the ball to put people into holes. One-on-one he is unstoppable.

He was an international at 19, Origin player at 20 and carved up. He's coming back for 2007 so I guess since you're unwilling to even consider a good SL player as a good player in the NRL, then we'll have to wait and see.
Gasnier did all that too. He was an international at a young age. He has played Origin at a young age. No need to wait and see in 2007. Gasnier is here now, in the best league, beating all comers.

aqua_duck

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
Lyon is a better defender, he's bigger, stronger, and can get the ball to his winger better than Gasnier aswell. Lyon is also very quick for his size, easily as fast as Gasnier. The only thing Gas has over Lyon is footwork.
SO Lyon being 6ft and 93kg is bigger than Gasnier who is 6ft 3 and 100kg???
How does that work?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Gasnier has been carving them up for weeks.

And Moffeye, must you continually hijack these threads...?

RABK

Referee
I've always said Gasnier is in the top 5 players in the world.

Anyone that has seen any footage or seen Reg live in action would know that Gaz has the exact same talent flowing through his veins. But rugby league is so much more professional now and injuries have killed his career so far. But before his time is done Gasnier will stamp himself as an all time great, a bloke with that much talent will have it no other way.

The bloke is a freak, he's up there with Johns. He can kick goals, tackle 2nd rowers with ease, run the 100 metres in under 12 seconds, has dazzling footwork...just an absolute freak of a player.

Idiots who say this centre is better or Gasnier hasn't achieved anything etc don't have the eye for true league superstars.

You think SBW got talent, times that by two and you've got some idea of the amount of talent Gasnier has in him.

I hope he remains injury free and we can sit back and enjoy the career of Mark Gasnier, what an excitement package.

And of course i'm jealous, but we have Johns and Buderus. :p

aussies1st

Staff member
Gasiner is the complete back. Fast, able to spot gaps, break tackles the list goes on

God-King Dean

Immortal
Let's not forget about the Jamie Lyon tools. Half the people on this board don't even get to see him play anymore - yet because of all the hoo-har they quickly just on the bandwagon

Lenny_2212 said:
but only a lucky group gets one.

he is along with johns and lockyer, the best player in the world.

Get your hand off it....best in the world ,get real... he is argueably the best centre in the world but no way is he anywhere near Locky or Johns....where is his short kicks,long kicks,chip &chase, long cut out passes, ...if he was the best he would be playing in the halves

As for only a lucky group gets one ...most teams have that one player who can do some magic &win games for them

storm.have Slater
warriors..Jones
cowboys.Bowen
tigers.Marshall
panthers.Campbell
Any one of those players individual brilliance can turn a game ,but it does not make tham the best in the world.

just shutup u parramatta morons, lyon got nothing, he's in the ESL, therefore he means diddly squat

gasnier would tear him a new asshole

Latest posts