What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Every supporter wants a Mark Gasnier

Meanie

Juniors
Gasnier, as much as I can't stand him, is the best centre in the world and should be the first centre picked for the Kangaroos.

Raiders Plight

Juniors
Gaz has the potential to be the most damaging centre since Mal Meninga. However the same type of things were said about Justin Hodges in 2002, Jamie Lyon and even Willie Tonga last year. All who have fallen off the radar.

salivor

First Grade
I'd hardly say Tonga has fallen off the radar, he's just been injured, I'd easily rate him as the second best centre in the game after Gasnier.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Raiders Plight said:
Gaz has the potential to be the most damaging centre since Mal Meninga. However the same type of things were said about Justin Hodges in 2002, Jamie Lyon and even Willie Tonga last year. All who have fallen off the radar.

You would have to have been some kind of mentalist to have said that about Hodges in 2002...

Meanie

Juniors
If this year is anything to go by, Hodges still has the potential to be the most damaging centre in the game.

Lenny_2212

Juniors
lmao, the ESL is hopeless. doesnt come close to the NRL. Mark Gasnier is the KING. Wally Lewis, eat your heart out.

tiger_nick

Bench
Gasnier is the best center by far. In saying that how spoilt are we for centers at the moment!

Any two of Gaz, Cooper, Berrigan, Tonga, Lyon or King could get picked in the 3 and 4 for Australia and no one could argue.

3 years ago Chris McKenna and Shaun Timmins were Australias starting centers against Great Britain.

Phillips

Referee
brissyleaguedude said:
just shutup u parramatta morons, lyon got nothing, he's in the ESL, therefore he means diddly squat

gasnier would tear him a new asshole

last time i checked the ESL was still Rugby League...

to be the best at something for your country doesnt mean you have to play that sport in your country.

Booyah

Bench
I think they're both equally as good as each for different reasons. Gasnier has that brilliant footwork on top of his speed, whilst Lyon has that powerhouse frame so he doesn't need the footwork, but he still has the speed.

I think these two would make a beautiful centre pairing for the Green and Gold.

weasel

First Grade
Well, I'll just say that Gasnier has been my favourite player since 2001, but I don't think I can split these two. The two most gifted centres to have emerged in over a decade imo. They're different players though, where Lyon outdoes Gasnier is in his vision, he reads the game better. Gasnier wins in athleticism, a strong towering figure, with great balance and agility, awesome footwork and deceptive acceleration, he's almost the benchmark for the perfect athlete, shame about his injury proneness. I would pick these two to be the Australian centres in an instant.

jimmythehand

Juniors
I can't disagree too much with this post, but I think there are better players than Gasnier. It's just too hard to compare when people play in other positions. For example I'd pick SBW ahead of Gasnier, but that is comparing bulldogs with dragons.

I'd also have to say that Gasnier doesn't play games like that anywhere near as consistently as Lockyer, and Lockyer doesn't play games like that anywhere near as consistently as Johns.

weasel

First Grade
I'd pick SBW before him in a draft as well. Personally, I think after the halves, the backrow is probably the most important position on the field, they carry so many different responsibilities. A multi-talented one like SBW is invaluable.

Latest posts