What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ex Warrior watch 2021

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
I love it, Beave. Keep us posted.
Linwood 16 Hornby 14

Linwood led 12-4 at HT, Hornby scored 2 quick tries for 12-12 with 30 to go then the arm wrestle started, a penalty to Hornby took them to 14-12 with 20 to go. Linwood scored the eventual match winner with 7 left in the clock. Heartbreak for Hornby as with 30 sec left on the clock they were awarded a penalty, 30m out just to the left of the sticks, and former Warriors lower grader Tevin Arona missed it and Linwood were pretty ordinary celebrating in his face, 1/4 with the boot will haunt him for a long time

Linwoods 7th title in 8 years, Hornby on the wrong side of 5 of those, and 3 of them heartbreakers in the dying moments, last season they gave up a 50m try on the last play of the game to lose, and 5 years back gave up 2 tries in the final 5 mins to lose it

Blair

Coach
Local footy heartbreak for both Hornsby and the neutrals. It sounds obvious that the Keas are too dominant in the comp and someone else needs to win for a change.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Speaking of dominant, Pt Chev haven't lost a game in like 3 years....but benefitted from some very dodgy late calls to win the Fox over Richmond on Saturday

(edit: actually I forgot that Pt Chev had a shock loss in the last game before the finals)

Last edited:

Meth

Staff member
Katoa had a blinder on the weekend for the Storm. Amazing hit put on Ben Hunt to set up the match winner, as well as scoring 2 tries of his own

Izz

Bench
Jack Murchie off to Super League. Kinda sad he didn't kick on at the Eels this year. I always thought he had a lot of potential

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Interesting because I just saw him pop up in the news a couple of days ago for getting a 3-match ban. Looks like it might have been suspended until after the Newcastle game for some reason.
Yeah I saw something about that as well, maybe the ban didn’t cover Challenge Cup or something

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Vailea playing for the Cutters in Qld Cup today, I suspect that’s where he’ll stay this season unless the cows cop some injuries.

Meth

Staff member
Deejarn Asi scored a try and kicked a field goal for Parra on the weekend, after being controversially selected as Moses' fill in