What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ex Warrior watch 2021

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Matt Lodge trying to make himself into a hero wanting a fight with Gallen with all the money going to charity. Gallen response is worth a read haha

Am I the only one who thinks there is a massive hypocrisy about the (correct) protection of the head in rugby and league, and the glorification of boxing as a post-career sport?

As league, we banned shoulder charges, went harder on head-high contact, we get massively over-the-top suspensions like Dale Finucane's accidental contact to try and protect the head. We've seen the damage it's done to ex-players, that CTE is a real, horrible thing.

Yet the media, the fans want to hype a sport where you intentionally try to cause brain injuries.

I don't get it.

I hate boxing. I like the discipline, the training, that's all magic. But sometimes I think we've got so captured by the gladiatorial nature of boxing, the history and all that, and we don't step back and think oh f**k, this is literally a sport where you win by bashing a guy's brain into his skull to render him (or her) unconscious. That's literally the goal, a goal that is celebrated. OK, 50 years ago we didn't know the repercussions. We sure as f**k do now, but we continue to glorify it, and anyone who speaks against is a 'snowflake'. UFC is even worse shit.

Rich102

Staff member
The Salford v St Helens semi was a nostalgic watch.
Many of the Ex-Warrior juniors playing.
Elijah Taylor, Bell whose first name eludes me at the moment, Konnie.

Blair

Coach
How'd they go
Well I see Bodene Thompson is still going around, and in the final with Leeds.

He's 34 and I presume he's fitter now than he was five-to-seven years ago with us. I saw him gassed, hands on hips, after five minutes back then!

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Hurrell and Paasi pick up the winners medal

Hurrell hard case dancing and signing his own song at the end of his interview, scored a very strong try as well with 4-5 guys hanging off him

LeagueNut

First Grade
Wasn't there talk earlier in the year about Hurrell signing with the Dolphins? Did that end up happening?

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
John Kirwan says that the Roosters have a contract sitting in front of RTS at the moment

Hard to see it happening

Tedesco
Suaalii
Manu
RTS
Tupou
Keary
Walker

Shit that would be a backline

JJ

Immortal
John Kirwan says that the Roosters have a contract sitting in front of RTS at the moment

Hard to see it happening

Tedesco
Suaalii
Manu
RTS
Tupou
Keary
Walker

Shit that would be a backline
Why do you say 'hard'? Clearly salary cap will be fine...

RTS is like the 7th pick centre for the All Blacks, 4-5 injured and they still played Barrett ahead of him - surely he wants to play footy of some form? Not saying he won't make it - but probably still the case that Lennart Brown, Goodhew, Havilii, Ioane, Tupaea, Barrett at least are all ahead of him

LeagueNut

First Grade
Sam Tomkins has been named captain of the England team for the World Cup. Crazy to think how long it's been since he was running around with us.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Sam Tomkins has been named captain of the England team for the World Cup. Crazy to think how long it's been since he was running around with us.
It’s amazing when you flick on super league and seeing some of the names still going round, like Paddy Ah Van and Bill Tupou who were still there last year

Scott

Bench
Isaiah Papal'i stinking it up for the Tigers. Back to his bludger Warrior best.

Euan Aitken doing a very good job for Wayne's Dolphins - in the centres of all places.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Interesting to hear Elijah Taylor say he has asked the Warriors 3 times over the past 3-4 years if he could come back on a train and trial deal but had no luck

Latest posts