What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excuses no more

Drakken

Juniors
Mat Rogers played QLD rugby league & Union for TSS. Beau champion is average & does not come from the area. JAson Bakuya is from Fiji via Aspley QLD . Chase Stanley is a St George Junior despite going to endeavour. Johnny Viiga is from the Blacktown juniors competition. Jake Denford will be the first Engadine Dragons supplied player to the NRL in the last 15 years. Even then, The dragons would have been lucky to supply no more than 15 players to the Sharks in 40 years & that is when the local comp WAS tough.

So out of your list, you have 1. Colin Best. What a "powerhouse" nursery the Shire is!!
Like I said, all it is is a place for a our good country kids to play until they are up to speed for Cronulla

If they are living locally and playing in the sharks juniors doesn't that make them local juniors? It doesn't matter where they were born or where they played when they were 12. They are part of the junior system now and live locally, that's what i am referring to.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
no, they are imported kids. Brought in to fill the void left by the lack of talent available in the Shire, due to their softness.

Drakken

Juniors
Which part of "you don't know what you are talking about " is it, that you dont understand??
Kimmorleys manager was looking at all options, Australia & England & as soon as possible. I have it first hand from a club CEO & 3 current NRL coaches that he was trying to get a contract in the NRL, weeks after signing with Cronulla. They were laughing at me about it.

Bullshyte!!

Drakken

Juniors
Judging by your recent post on who the Sharks side would be next year & you included 2 players who have signed elsewhere for net year, I get the impression, you are "not quite up to speed".

I did point out that i wasn't aware of their current status, those words i placed in the brackets.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
hey, you are right. I heard Inglis went for a swim at Cronulla once, he can be a local too. PEach was a locla junior too, Despite living 16 years in Western NSW. f**k it. Make Peach a local junior too. What about Thurston? he went to Fusions when it was Biggles. f**king LOCAL AS EYYYY!!

Drakken

Juniors
hey, you are right. I heard Inglis went for a swim at Cronulla once, he can be a local too. PEach was a locla junior too, Despite living 16 years in Western NSW. f**k it. Make Peach a local junior too. What about Thurston? he went to Fusions when it was Biggles. f**king LOCAL AS EYYYY!!

One more time, if they live locally and play in the junior system then they are what??? LOCAL FARKIN JUNIORS!!

Surely

Post Whore
Reefy is spot on shire junior teams are soft and have been for at least 30 years.

Drakken

Juniors
Ok then, let all the local young talent go. No wonder the sharks are spoon contenders with attitudes like this. Ten years ago cronulla boasted the cheapest team running around with all but a few local juniors. I personally would like to see them go back to that, but hey f**k it.. who cares?? right??

Drakken

Juniors
Reefy is spot on shire junior teams are soft and have been for at least 30 years.

So cronulla have not had any decent players come from their local junior system right? I'm sure peachey, rogers and et would love to hear that.

cityshark

Juniors
Jake Denford, go Jake! Having read all these comments , some points.
Ricky is under enough pressure already.
Green is a reserve grader .
Mistakes have been made.
Do not change the home jumper.
Lets recognize this years performers in a year we all would like to forget. Celebrate their effort and skill keeping the side going .
Bring on 2010.

Surely

Post Whore
So cronulla have not had any decent players come from their local junior system right? I'm sure peachey, rogers and et would love to hear that.

What are you talking about, one or two out of how many thousands ?

Drakken

Juniors
What are you talking about, one or two out of how many thousands ?

What i am talking about is cronulla going back a decade to how things were, and i think thats what ricky is doing now. Keep those who show promise and they have put the time, effort and resources into instead of allowing them to go elsewhere. I'm not saying they will end up with a team like they did in '99 but i do think there are some good juniors coming through and hopefully they will hang onto them rather then allow them to go elsewhere. Cronulla had a very good junior system back in those days and i would like to see it return to to that, thats all i am saying.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Ok then, let all the local young talent go. No wonder the sharks are spoon contenders with attitudes like this. Ten years ago cronulla boasted the cheapest team running around with all but a few local juniors. I personally would like to see them go back to that, but hey f**k it.. who cares?? right??
From 10 years ago
David Peachy did not play local juniors
Mat Rogers did not play local juniors
Andrew Ettingshausen local junior
Russell Richardson did not play local juniors
Brett Howland local junior
Jason Ferris did not play local juniors
Mitch Healey local junior
Jason Stevens did not play local juniors
Dean Treister local junior
Martin Lang did not play local juniors
Sean Ryan local junior
Chris McKenna did not play local juniors
Nick Graham Local junior
Tim Maddison did not play local juniors
Andrew Pierce Local junior
Sam Isemonger Local junior
Shannon Donato did not play local juniors

So at the height of our junior infusion we have 8 players who had played for the local competition & 9 who hadn't. & they were some of the highest paid players in the game due to the superleague millions they got. What is your point? The local comp does not produce players like those anymore, despite Ricky saying they do, hence the rebuilding of pathways for juniors. But the only ones that will come through, will be the likes of Stapo & fergo & orch. All out of towners, with a bit of grit & gumption.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
What i am talking about is cronulla going back a decade to how things were, and i think thats what ricky is doing now. Keep those who show promise and they have put the time, effort and resources into instead of allowing them to go elsewhere. I'm not saying they will end up with a team like they did in '99 but i do think there are some good juniors coming through and hopefully they will hang onto them rather then allow them to go elsewhere. Cronulla had a very good junior system back in those days and i would like to see it return to to that, thats all i am saying.

In ten words or less, can you describe where "elsewhere is" ?
& in 2 words or less, who did they "get"?

Drakken

Juniors
From 10 years ago
David Peachy did not play local juniors
Mat Rogers did not play local juniors
Andrew Ettingshausen local junior
Russell Richardson did not play local juniors
Brett Howland local junior
Jason Ferris did not play local juniors
Mitch Healey local junior
Jason Stevens did not play local juniors
Dean Treister local junior
Martin Lang did not play local juniors
Sean Ryan local junior
Chris McKenna did not play local juniors
Nick Graham Local junior
Tim Maddison did not play local juniors
Andrew Pierce Local junior
Sam Isemonger Local junior
Shannon Donato did not play local juniors

So at the height of our junior infusion we have 8 players who had played for the local competition & 9 who hadn't. & they were some of the highest paid players in the game due to the superleague millions they got. What is your point? The local comp does not produce players like those anymore, despite Ricky saying they do, hence the rebuilding of pathways for juniors. But the only ones that will come through, will be the likes of Stapo & fergo & orch. All out of towners, with a bit of grit & gumption.

Are you sure about that? I'm pretty sure that rogers and peach were in the same junior team that won a premiership. They both played local junior footy in the shire.

Drakken

Juniors
In ten words or less, can you describe where "elsewhere is" ?
& in 2 words or less, who did they "get"?

Dragons, Bulldogs, Souths, etc. Plenty over the years. As mentioned previously Goodwin, Champion, Best, Stanley, etc. just to name a few. And before you say it, they all played in the sharks local system which is what i am talking about, not what you consider a local junior.

Last edited: