What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excuses no more

Surely

Post Whore
I reckon there have been more rugby league internationals come out of roma than the shire.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
under 21's is not a local a junior , just as the U20's is not a local junior. They are Sharks juniors but that does not mean the they are shire juniors. Very different things. Thank f**k the country supplies the Sharks with some quality.

Drakken

Juniors
I reckon there have been more rugby league internationals come out of roma than the shire.

All i am saying is the club spends money, time and pumps resources into training these guys into first graders only to watch them walk out the door and then they go and recruit guys like misi, seu seu and so on. Now who would you rather see on the wing for cronulla.. misi or someone like goodwin and best? That's my point. The club releases these guys with potential that they have brought through the juniors only to now see them playing well for other clubs when all they are left with is guys that don't even have basic skills. It's a mute point now as i think ricky is doing the right thing with juniors now.

Drakken

Juniors
under 21's is not a local a junior , just as the U20's is not a local junior. They are Sharks juniors but that does not mean the they are shire juniors. Very different things. Thank f**k the country supplies the Sharks with some quality.

Does the club spend time, money and resources on these guys?? For the last time, this is what i am talking about. I don't give a f**k where else they came from or what you consider makes them a local junior, if they came through the junior ranks and the club uses their funds to turn these guys into first graders then they should try to retain them. Bottom Dollar!!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
All i am saying is the club spends money, time and pumps resources into training these guys into first graders only to watch them walk out the door and then they go and recruit guys like misi, seu seu and so on. Now who would you rather see on the wing for cronulla.. misi or someone like goodwin and best?
Misi, hands down. He has the heart of a lion.

That's my point. The club releases these guys with potential that they have brought through the juniors only to now see them playing well for other clubs when all they are left with is guys that don't even have basic skills. It's a mute point now as i think ricky is doing the right thing with juniors now.
Nobody has gone on from Cronulla do be anythng other than average. Exception is Matt Rogers but the good ones are out of our budget. Sticky has no control over that.

Drakken

Juniors
Misi, hands down. He has the heart of a lion.

Nobody has gone on from Cronulla do be anythng other than average. Exception is Matt Rogers but the good ones are out of our budget. Sticky has no control over that.

Hands down you're right, he has the worst hands in the NRL.

sharkadelic

Juniors
I was just going through the buster thread. Yes it has been a dissappointing season for a number of different reasons, but i have to agree with Millers. A hell of a lot of this has been brought about by Ricky himself. Reasons being recruitment and retention.
Now I was not a fan of Kimmorley, however he played very well last year, still had a year to run on his contract , so what does Ricky do p.ss him off and he is playing above himself again this year. Bryson Goodwin not resigned, is a leading try scorer this year, Issac DeGois why not pay a bit more to keep him, instead we get Corey Hughes.
I feel that Ricky should have the heat starting to be put on him at any other club the questions would already have been asked. The only thing saving him would be the fact that we have no money. If next year is the same as this and with the signings we have made it doesnt appear that things will get a hell of alot better, the sword could be out. Just an opinion.

Despite the form of a lot of players that left, and what may appear to be questionable singings of some players we took on board, alot if this season comes down not to the players that were there, more the ones that werent.

From Round Two Onwards

No Ross (Origin) *Broken Neck*
No Kearney (Best attacking Player we had) *Broken Ankle*
*No Anderson (damn hard worker) *Broken Contract*
*No Bird (International) *Broken Glass*

Mid Season

Brett Seymour (Origin Up and Comer) *Broken Mirror/Broken Promise*
REni Maitua (Former International) *Broken Rules*

That's 6 players or half a team, with 4 of them with rep status.

Add to this lenthy periods without Barrett (former International, Direction in Attack), Williams, Gallen and Toops and we are lucky we have won any thing. We have unearthed some good young players and we have had a dig. If we can hold off the spoon based on all the shyte this club has endured this year, I will be ecstatic.

Next year, with a new roster, a full off season of rehabilitation and training and fully fit - I will be execting results. The fans will be expecting the 8 or Stuart's notice.

Ausguy

Coach
I can guarantee you 100% that kimmorley was actively whoring himself around, big time. He wanted the 3 rd year deal. The reason Kimmorley & Sticky never saw eye to eye was because Kimmorley had settled in the area & was building his new house worth millions(of sharks money) on Gunnammata bay. He had factored on the 3rd year. Added to that the captaincy & extra marketing money the captain receives was taken away from him & handed to Paul Gallen. At the time Kimmorley signed the deal, he was ready to walk if he didn't get the three year deal & the club had Dykes signed. Then a desperate Kimmorley slashed his asking price & it was accepted on the proviso that he was committed to the Sharks. Within weeks, his manager was whoring him around. That is wy Kimorely & Sticky do not see eye to eye. Add to the fact that kimmorley has a reputation for blaming everybody else around him for failure, rather than himself. He is the most despicable person to ever wear the Sharks jumper, just in front of Bird & Anderson.
Stuart needs to be under pressure as does any coaching team. However his job has not been easy at the Sharks with the restricted budget we have had & the dramas since the Bird incident. I believe the inside information that if this had happened at any other club, it would have imploded by now & be dead & buried.
With a broke club, few resources, massive off field dramas, we are still yet to get a hiding this year, depsite having at one stage 6 guys in first grade with 16 games first grade games in total, between them. Why aren't we getting pasted by 40 points like Newcastle, Brisbane, Roosters & Canberra do regularly? Because we have a good coach who the players have faith in & the players are having a fair dinkum dig.
If another club gets the spoon this year, then they fair dinkum have problems.

:lol::lol::lol: if i dont laugh i cry.

Badge

Juniors
My point exactly sharka , IF, regardless of who is in and who is out if we don't atleast make the 8 next year , and I am very sceptical that we can, then Mr Stuart should do the honourable thing. and P.ss off.

Drakken

Juniors
Why aren't we getting pasted by 40 points like Newcastle, Brisbane, Roosters & Canberra do regularly? Because we have a good coach who the players have faith in & the players are having a fair dinkum dig.
If another club gets the spoon this year, then they fair dinkum have problems.

How would you like those eggs served reefy? Did you forget to knock on wood or something?

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
No eggs here. This is the score i Hve been expecting to see for 3 months.
But hey Drakken, gloat all you like. The last placed sharks just got belted by 50. You & Millersnose should be happy staring at your Kimmorley pictures.

It's spelt THEIR you dumb farrkk moron.

OMFG WTF does that have to do with anything? We're sitting here talking about the Shark's season and all you can come up with is that someone made a little spelling error? Mate who the hell cares, it's the internet get over it ya dumbf**k

BTW you spelt the 'F' word wrong it's F.U.C.K. :)

feeding frenzy

Juniors
OMFG WTF does that have to do with anything? We're sitting here talking about the Shark's season and all you can come up with is that someone made a little spelling error? Mate who the hell cares, it's the internet get over it ya dumbf**k

BTW you spelt the 'F' word wrong it's F.U.C.K. :)

Shouldn't you be in bed its a school night?

Drakken

Juniors
If cronulla "win" the spoon then i hope those in charge will see the errors the club has made in the past and not repeat them. What other club would hang their star player out to dry whilst all the time talking about the team sticking together? Look at what other clubs have done, manly and the like who rallied around and supported their star player during his time under the microscope. No, but not cronulla, they decided it would be best to play the nice guys. Well.. look at where it has got them, they didn't have to make the choices they made. No one made them release Bird, no-one made them sign Matuia. These are mistakes the club and coach has made. I will watch with interest as this Inglis saga unfolds, but i promise you it will be handled very differently to the Bird case even though the circumstances are exactly the same. Congrats sharks, well done!!!!

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
If cronulla "win" the spoon then i hope those in charge will see the errors the club has made in the past and not repeat them. What other club would hang their star player out to dry whilst all the time talking about the team sticking together? Look at what other clubs have done, manly and the like who rallied around and supported their star player during his time under the microscope. No, but not cronulla, they decided it would be best to play the nice guys. Well.. look at where it has got them, they didn't have to make the choices they made. No one made them release Bird, no-one made them sign Matuia. These are mistakes the club and coach has made. I will watch with interest as this Inglis saga unfolds, but i promise you it will be handled very differently to the Bird case even though the circumstances are exactly the same. Congrats sharks, well done!!!!

When you change the point of an argument because of you have lost, a good way to do it is by agreeing with me . Well done.
However, in hindsight, what we should have done is played Bird in the finals lat year, then f**ked him off for being the vindictive low life he & his manager are .