What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expansion Through the Second Tier

Canard

Immortal
With it now official that Cowboys players will only play for the Blackhawks, and not the Pride or Cutters we will see the reality of this 2nd tier dream soon.

For mine it will mean the death of the Mackay and Cairns sides.

MugaB

Coach
With it now official that Cowboys players will only play for the Blackhawks, and not the Pride or Cutters we will see the reality of this 2nd tier dream soon.

Hahaha, i thought Cairns was part of "north queensland territory" must be an issue with the cowboys having to travel 4 hours north not to play any home games there... well those idiots here who think cairns is represented can suck a dick, this just proves it

Canard

Immortal
Hahaha, i thought Cairns was part of "north queensland territory" must be an issue with the cowboys having to travel 4 hours north not to play any home games there... well those idiots here who think cairns is represented can suck a dick, this just proves it

The NRL side may not play in Cairns, and stay with me here it's a pretty radical opinion, because there is no appropriate stadium that matches the brand new one just built in Townsville and Cairns is not centrally located within the Cowboys catchment.

MugaB

Coach
The NRL side may not play in Cairns, and stay with me here it's a pretty radical opinion, because there is no appropriate stadium that matches the brand new one just built in Townsville and Cairns is not centrally located within the Cowboys catchment.
It doesn't have to be centrally located, just a few home games to give the locals some NRL grade games, i mean bathurst isn't centrally located for the panthers, but they make sure they take a game out there every season

You know why i say this don't you... a rival for the cowboys will do Rugba leig in that area

Last edited:

Perth Red

Post Whore
It is, don’t be fooled by the nrl setting things up for a full reserve grade By stealth.

cairns jnrs will still feed into cowboys systems, cairns people will still buy cowboys merch and memberships, cairns companies will still sponsor them, cowboys games will still be played on the big screens in cairns pubs beer gardens.

Perth Red

Post Whore
It doesn't have to be centrally located, just a few home games to give the locals some NRL grade games, i mean bathurst isn't centrally located for the panthers, but they make sure they take a game out there every season

You know why i say this don't you... a rival for the cowboys will do Rugba leig in that area
Lol,cowboys arent missing out on new stadium revenue levels to play even one game in a run down low capacity stadium with no corporate facilities. They are a business.

could play pre season up there except it’s so bloody hot And wet.

panthers only play in Bathurst as the council gives them $300k a game to do so. See how quick they’d pull the game if the council stopped that funding.

NO club is taking a regular season game away from their home stadium unless they are paid significant money to do so.

Lol,cowboys arent missing out on new stadium revenue levels to play even one game in a run down low capacity stadium with no corporate facilities. They are a business.

panthers only play in Bathurst as the council gives them $300k a game to do so. See how quick they’d pull the game if the council stopped that funding.

NO club is taking a regular season game away from their home stadium unless they are paid significant money to do so.
On average, the Cowboys generate $1,495,740 per game from sponsorship, corporate hospitality, ticketing and membership.

The Sydney clubs who take a game to the country for a payment of just $300k are really struggling to generate game day revenue against interstate teams.

Canard

Immortal

The Cowboys have played many pre- season games in Cairns over the years, and will be playing the Dolphins there on the 12th Feb

Canard

Immortal

How many games have the Panthers played in Bathurst to date? One? Two?

Dark Corner

Juniors

Why the death of Mackey Cutters as just looked at Stadium Mackey and it looks perfect.

Why the death of Mackey Cutters as just looked at Stadium Mackey and it looks perfect.
They will struggle to recruit quality players.

If the ARLC had any desire to grow the Queensland Cup it would set aside $22.5M per annum so the 15 clubs can have a salary cap of $1.5m. Provide train and trial opportunities to players from the Pacific. Maybe even run a yearly train and trial in Brisbane for aspiring players not in the NRL, then let the clubs decide if they'd want to sign any of them.

In 2014 each Queensland Cup club received a grant of $100k.

Latest posts