What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expected crowds for the tournament

papabear

Juniors
tbh by the sounds of it the crowds would be bigger then the last world cup in australia which was pretty successful.

Dogs Of War

Coach
If the bolded bit is the criteria, England is the only team besides Australia and New Zealand that will be lifting the World Cup at Old Trafford. However, not only are they behind Australia and NZ (the two front-runners to win it) in terms of talent, they're also going to have to put a long 4 decades of failure and near misses on the field behind them if they are any chance of winning it.

Given England are currently on a roll against Australia, you hope for the international games health that they do win it. It would at least get some more attention in the papers in the UK.

geordie_saint

Juniors
Large sections of the stadium now sold out for the opening ceremony.

Really happy they are about to open the upper East Stand. That's where I have been looking to get tickets for the event. Taking 15 non-RL fans so looking for seats around the central part of the stand. Can't wait!

doggzfan4lyf

Juniors
Anyone looking at buying tickets can use the code 100DAYS and get tickets for half price to any game I believe, do not know how long this promo will last!

papabear

Juniors
got a mate living in london going to the opener as well, i doubt he has bought tickets.

I think it will be good a lot of expats starved of real league in london will bring a fair few neutrals through the gates for a bit of fun.

yakstorm

First Grade
You'd hope so considering the tiny capacity of the ground.

True, still a full house is still a full house and it will look better on TV than a half empty venue.

On overall ticket sales organisers have come out again stating they are past the 40% sales mark, though again keep interchanging their statemeny between 40% of the tournament target (500k) and of caoacity (595k). Regardless it appears we are past the 200k mark and well on track to reach the tournaments target which is great news.

We just need a few venues such as Rochdale, Neath and Avignon to sell out to help create some spikes in sales.

Springs

First Grade
as long as we match the 16,331 average of the last world cup i'll be happy...

I think that would be astounding given the fact there's 10 more games this time and 4 more minnow teams.

I think anything over 14,000 average would be a great success considering the smaller stadiums and lower teams playing.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
True, still a full house is still a full house and it will look better on TV than a half empty venue.

On overall ticket sales organisers have come out again stating they are past the 40% sales mark, though again keep interchanging their statemeny between 40% of the tournament target (500k) and of caoacity (595k). Regardless it appears we are past the 200k mark and well on track to reach the tournaments target which is great news.

We just need a few venues such as Rochdale, Neath and Avignon to sell out to help create some spikes in sales.

Don't think Avignon will be a problem, they sold out matches in the past few years from memory. Limerick will be a problem, not sure what to expect there, anything approaching 10k would be fantastic

Latest posts