What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Expected crowds for the tournament

geordie_saint

Juniors
10 out of 52 sections already sold out for Club Wembley. I have a group of about 49 people from the Kings Lynn RL club in Norfolk attending.

The Upper East Stand at Cardiff now open. From my estimations using the ticketmaster site, they have sold more than half of the Cat 6 and Cat 7 tickets at Cardiff already in the Upper Tier so expect the Upper North Stand to be opened in due course for cheaper tickets.

deal.with.it

Juniors
10 out of 52 club wembley sections sold.
How does Club Wembley work? How do you know which club wembley members will turn up? I dont really get it sorry

Evil Homer

Staff member
10 out of 52 club wembley sections sold.
How does Club Wembley work? How do you know which club wembley members will turn up? I dont really get it sorry
Club Wembley is the small middle tier. People buy 'season tickets' and then get entry to the annual events (England soccer matches, cup finals etc). However, I don't think one-off events like the RLWC are included in the Club Wembley deal, so these seats are on sale for the general public. So in this case, 'Club Wembley' is just referring to the seats in the middle tier.

For other events they don't know which members will turn up, which is why the Challenge Cup final and England soccer matches usually have large numbers of empty seats in the middle tier even when the rest of the stadium is full.

Last edited:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Club Wembley is the small middle tier. People buy 'season tickets' and then get entry to the annual events (England soccer matches, cup finals etc). However, I don't think one-off events like the RLWC are included in the Club Wembley deal, so these seats are on sale for the general public. So in this case, 'Club Wembley' is just referring to the seats in the middle tier.

For other events they don't know which members will turn up, which is why the Challenge Cup final and England soccer matches usually have large numbers of empty seats in the middle tier even when the rest of the stadium is full.

So if things went really really really well, this game could actually give the attendance record for a sporting event at the new ground a go couldn't it, those seats I've read are rarely if ever full because no one can get them.

I can't see the crowd getting anywhere near sold out at full capacity, but it would be nice.

VictoryFC

Bench
So if things went really really really well, this game could actually give the attendance record for a sporting event at the new ground a go couldn't it, those seats I've read are rarely if ever full because no one can get them.

I can't see the crowd getting anywhere near sold out at full capacity, but it would be nice.

Wembley capacity is 90,000. 5 of the last 7 FA Cup finals have had attendance over 89,000, including a ground record of 89,874.

The only reason why Challenge Cup finals dont get over 89,000 is because Club Wenbley are mainly soccer supporters. Warrington Leeds is RL ground record with 85,257, and it could blow that out of the water is Evil Homer is right about Club Wembley not being included in the RLWC.

Last edited:

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Wembley capacity is 90,000. 5 of the last 7 FA Cup finals have had attendance over 89,000, including a ground record of 89,874.

The only reason why Challenge Cup finals dont get over 89,000 is because Club Wenbley are mainly soccer supporters. Warrington Leeds is RL ground record with 85,257, and it could blow that out of the water is Evil Homer is right about Club Wembley not being included in the RLWC.

Anything around that CC number and I'd be over the moon ;-)

geordie_saint

Juniors
Evil Homer is correct. All Club Wembley sections are available to the paying public. I'll be getting my tickets in those areas. If they sell well, they'll no doubt open parts of the upper tier. If they do, you'll be looking at a crowd of 60-70,000. There are currently 51,000 on sale.

deal.with.it

Juniors
Wow club wembley tickets are selling fast, just had a look at the wc website.
Shouldn't be too long before they open the upper tier.
You can imagine with this kind of event that if England make the semi-final, the week leading up to the semi's will see a lot of tickets snatched up.
Particularly from the general london public. Whether rugby league is a dominant sport in london or not, when the world cup is on and england make the semi, the media and general public will take notice, particularly with the BBC televising all england matches. Can't wait. This is gonna be such a good world cup.

geordie_saint

Juniors
Only 19 out of a 126 bays are still to be opened at Cardiff; so 107 are now open (approximately 58,000 seats). Hoping for a good crowd to open the competition.

Last edited:

hutch

First Grade
Havnt had any updates for a while from the organisers. Hopefully the big push challenge cup final weekend moves a few more tickets. I'm worries about Cardiff though, is there any big promotion in Wales itself?

geordie_saint

Juniors
Havnt had any updates for a while from the organisers. Hopefully the big push challenge cup final weekend moves a few more tickets. I'm worries about Cardiff though, is there any big promotion in Wales itself?

I don't mind the lack of announcements and ticket sales look like they are progressing nicely from what information you can pick up on the ticket website. Over half the Cat 6 and 7 tickets are gone. With still over 2 months to go, I am confident we'll get a 50-60,000 crowd at Cardiff.

deal.with.it

Juniors
These kind of events have the ability to sell 10k tickets in the week leading up to the event quite easily.
It's just a bit hard for non-rugby league fans to buy tickets well in advance because they aren't looking forward to it like rugby league fans are.
For them, it's just another great event in their city. If publicity hasn't stepped up 2-3 weeks before kick off, then i'd be getting worried.

geordie_saint

Juniors
For them, it's just another great event in their city. If publicity hasn't stepped up 2-3 weeks before kick off, then i'd be getting worried.

Starting to ramp up now. Posters on the tube system in London have appeared (about 300 in total so far) and there is a big display in Trafalgar Square on Fri 23 Aug 13.

The RLWC 2013 team were at the Royal Welsh show for four days recently and it went down incredibly well by all accounts with the stand being the most popular sports attraction at the event.

More advertising is being planned and already set up across the host locations. I've been doing my bit and getting contacts to advertise to the military who get a 50% discount on all tickets and venues.