What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F%ck you Robson

SDM

First Grade
SDM , if that was directed at me, sorry but you have misdirected as usual

Mateo was good to get from up 6 to to a bigger lead, but not worth the cash thrown at him. For the record, I have never believed Robbo was NRL standard, check with Springs and Lingard on that one.

Nah, not you, the more hysterical ones.

Saying Robbo isn't up to NRL standard is spot on, blaming him for it is stupid. Someone else recruited him, someone else selected him, all the man can do is a have a dig, which he does.

True EEL

Bench
We have all done dumb shit in the heat of the moment when the pressure is on. It was a c**k-up, for sure, and I reckon he would be dirty enough on himself.

The same people who bag Robbo probably clap pea heart Mateo when he misses a tackle and cry that he is no longer with us.

now see, right at present, i would much rather defend Morts than i would Robson....wow!?

Robson has been afforded way more opportunities than Morts and at least Morts has youth on in his favour - that's not being harsh, just facing facts

can't really argue about pea-heart Mateo though....he will be one of the greater disappointments (in my eyes) ever as a Parramatta player, all the talent in the world, but just pure lazy at times....hmm, makes me think BS actually had him pegged correctly, which is something i always blamed BS for at the time

hineyrulz

Post Whore
now see, right at present, i would much rather defend Morts than i would Robson....wow!?

Robson has been afforded way more opportunities than Morts and at least Morts has youth on in his favour - that's not being harsh, just facing facts

can't really argue about pea-heart Mateo though....he will be one of the greater disappointments (in my eyes) ever as a Parramatta player, all the talent in the world, but just pure lazy at times....hmm, makes me think BS actually had him pegged correctly, which is something i always blamed BS for at the time
Morts is on at least 3 times more than Robbo, probably more. Morts has had more than enough chances. 50 games in first grade is more than enough chance's to prove his worth. Robbo played only 4 games in 6 yrs at Moanly for a reason. And yet Kearney would still have Robbo ahead of Morts, doesn't say much for Morts does it??

jason taylor

Bench
I believe that Mortimer was brought up too quickly into first grade.

Kearney has seen this and has put him back where he belongs.

Eels Dude

Coach
What did Witt do wrong though? He was good for us in 04 in an ordinary team, was replaced by the eventual rookie of the year in 2005 and helped Manly get the finals in the same year!

At Warriors he made the finals with them too???

I always got the impression it was an attitude problem more than a skill problem.

I don't want him back but I don't think he deserves to be bagged because the media may have said he would play SOO one day.

He was good for us in '03 in his rookie season, but he went downhill majorly in 2004... struggled to play much first grade that year.

It would definately be an attitude thing. He was released for us mid contract. Manly didn't offer him a second contract and then the Warriors released him mid contract too after Cleary told him early in his last season he wouldn't be contending for a first grade spot that year.

Eels Dude

Coach

I don't see how you can say Morts hasn't been afforded the oppurtunities. He was given a run in first grade in 2009 as just a 20 year old. In 2010 he was given an extended run in the halves which shunted Robson to hooker. It was only after Morts showed how incapable he was at halfback that Robson was moved back there. Then despite a horrible 2010 he was given an opportunity over the first 10 games of the season to prove himself as a first grader and but was subsequently dropped because he failed to do that.

SDM

First Grade

I am not trying to defend Robson's performance, he just isn't good enough. I am just saying that the anger being directed at him is unfair. The anger should be at whoever is responsible for him being our first choice halfback.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I am not trying to defend Robson's performance, he just isn't good enough. I am just saying that the anger being directed at him is unfair. The anger should be at whoever is responsible for him being our first choice halfback.
The fault lies at Hagan, he let Hodko and Maloney go to pay Funch a kings ransom. Lets face it the guy is on a pie and coke deal and what more can you expect of him???? He is keeping Mr Blue eyed bred in the purple 250k per yr daniel Mortimer at Wenty.

The Eels Shed

Juniors
Why wont anyone just tell Mortimer to f*ck off?...
Its simple, he isnt first grade, we gave him a nice college fund, time to cut him loose.

Merrylands Rams trials is early 2012, somebody give him pamphlet.

Its not as if Kearney didnt give him ample opportunity to show him what he is capable of?...

And none of this "well look at the players around him"....they dont affect his pass options, lack of kicking game, lack of putting the ball out on the full, lack of making any dominant tackles, lack of realising that throwing the inside pass 5 times out of 5 wont fool defenses..

CUT HIM LOOSE!...

hybrideel

Bench
Why wont anyone just tell Mortimer to f*ck off?...
Its simple, he isnt first grade, we gave him a nice college fund, time to cut him loose.

Merrylands Rams trials is early 2012, somebody give him pamphlet.

Its not as if Kearney didnt give him ample opportunity to show him what he is capable of?...

And none of this "well look at the players around him"....they dont affect his pass options, lack of kicking game, lack of putting the ball out on the full, lack of making any dominant tackles, lack of realising that throwing the inside pass 5 times out of 5 wont fool defenses..

CUT HIM LOOSE!...

OI!
don't be thinking that he is a shoe in for the mighty Rams

The Eels Shed

Juniors
Sorry that Robson got hurt.
Not sorry that he wont be playing again this season.
Sandow and Roberts for 2012...
Halves with skills it cant be!......

SDM

First Grade
I hope he makes it back for the final round so that a capacity crowd can see him off and thank him for the memories.

Latest posts