What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F.O Andrew Webster

Yeah, I don't see this in Webby.

And I believe in that guy. He's a learner, he'll get better. I just think he needs better support. I don't know Agar, but I just feel like Webster could do with a really high quality assistant who knows the NRL like the back of his hand. Stacey should, but I really don't know if he's the guy.
Yea man totally agree, I posted something similar earlier as well; ideally someone with former head coach experience themselves.

Looking at the current 8, all of them either have very experienced head coaches already at the helm i.e. Bellamy, Cleary, Robinson and Flannagan, or seasoned assistants on staff. Ciraldo and Fitzgibbon have former heads Taylor and Price alongside them, while Seibold and Payten have Dymock and Morgan.

Its certainly no silver bullet, but its gotta be worth at least considering.

I'm starting to doubt coaching ability.
We have guys over chasing and creating holes in defense.
We have guys going up, some holding and others sliding in the same motion. The defense is a mess.

In attack, we can't reset after failed shape move and just stay flat, we can't maintain pressure. We couldnt pull players out of defensive line. Angle running was generally poor and flat. Did we score any points from a scrum play this year?

Man management and motivation may be ok, but I'm not sure on coaching and making players better.

nswarrior

Juniors
My biggest complain with Webby has been his bench use and player selection. I know it was Tevagas last home game but he isn’t a big minute player - he is an effort and impact player off the bench. He gets tired and makes mistakes.

I know Helesima is young but surely he deserved a bit more game time this year to prepare him for next season.

Webby bought RTS, CHT and Capewell this year. Unfortunately RTS has lost a lot of pace, not sure CHT is 1st grade.

We are lacking so much pace across the backline and in the 2nd row.

Big Marn

Bench
Was last season a fluke?
I dont believe you can fluke your way to the top 4 in the NRL. The competition is too tough.
I think last season was a perfect storm for the Warriors though. They were completely under the radar for a large part of the season and 6 or 7 players had peak seasons all at the same time - they basically ambushed the NRL comp.

This year we have definitely regressed back to the mean in terms of competitiveness, other teams'game plan preparation against us is much better - and a poor injury season has cost us about 6-8 points just on its own (kicking woes baked in here)

There will be a massive review this offseason. Webster wont be immune from getting the chop next year( the love only lasts so long with the ownership if your team is shit for 2 seasons in a row), if he doesnt show some signs of righting the ship. I actually think so far he is not going about it the right way which is concerning.

The season was gone 3 games ago but the retirement of SJ has actually hurt the team long term as this was a perfect opportunity to blood more players from our NSW cup team so they can get a taste of NRL for next season.
Instead he has tried to win games that had no bearing on the season anymore all for the SJ Farewell tour....

A bunch of players should have been shut down for the season (DWZ, Montoya, Egan, Capewell, CHT, AFB - not all at the same time obviously) so we could see what we have got. I would love to see Halasima back in the team at his correct position. Would like to see these wingers that have speed. Love to see Roache again. Zyon. This farewell tour is negatively impacting all the work McFadden has been trying to do to get the Warriors to a new consistently competitive level.

Huge few months ahead coming for Webster which might define his time with the Warriors.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
My biggest complain with Webby has been his bench use and player selection. I know it was Tevagas last home game but he isn’t a big minute player - he is an effort and impact player off the bench. He gets tired and makes mistakes.

I know Helesima is young but surely he deserved a bit more game time this year to prepare him for next season.

Webby bought RTS, CHT and Capewell this year. Unfortunately RTS has lost a lot of pace, not sure CHT is 1st grade.

We are lacking so much pace across the backline and in the 2nd row.
Lussick and CHT on the bench last night was a bizarre selection, if CHT was outside back cover could maybe understand it but a hooker and half is a luxury on the bench that wasn’t required when you look at how hard the middle was stretched

Meth

Staff member
Lussick and CHT on the bench last night was a bizarre selection, if CHT was outside back cover could maybe understand it but a hooker and half is a luxury on the bench that wasn’t required when you look at how hard the middle was stretched

it’s a ‘luxury’ given his bench strategy. No need for 3 forwards when you don’t intend to use them.

I was disappointed Ale dropped out as it was a sign of the direction we were going

Rich102

Staff member
Webster is determined to not take advice but to go his own way.
Playing Jazz for so long was crazy.

JJ

Immortal
Shame we lost Gould tbh, so few people around like that. Webster is obviously staying, so I agree the coaching team needs changes and the obsession with Kiwis needs to end, just get the best coaches. I’m not sure who’s around, where are the likes of Brennan, Cartwright these days? Hoss seems happy as 2IC and is quality. There are presumably others in the better systems…. Look at people like the Johns brothers, Cronk, or even Sterling for consultancy with the halves… I’m throwing names around, but on and off field we need the right people with the right skill sets, and to understand that building a system like Penrith or Melbourne (which are very different) takes time

Rich102

Staff member
Shame we lost Gould tbh, so few people around like that. Webster is obviously staying, so I agree the coaching team needs changes and the obsession with Kiwis needs to end, just get the best coaches. I’m not sure who’s around, where are the likes of Brennan, Cartwright these days? Hoss seems happy as 2IC and is quality. There are presumably others in the better systems…. Look at people like the Johns brothers, Cronk, or even Sterling for consultancy with the halves… I’m throwing names around, but on and off field we need the right people with the right skill sets, and to understand that building a system like Penrith or Melbourne (which are very different) takes time
Who?