What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 2019

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Alfa released their livery

image.jpg

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Red Bull have also shown off their race livery. With any luck, given the lack of changes, that they spent their budget on reliability.

image.jpg

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
And here's how the tyres will look

97e782b3-a032-45ff-a568-edfc6c56bb69_orig.jpg

Formula 1 website said:
Pirelli will take three compounds to every race, just like last season. But the colours denoting which tyre is which have changed slightly - with just a hard, medium and soft in action.

For testing, all five compounds are available to the teams - and here is how you recognise them...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I assume they are
C1 - Hard
C2 - Sorta Hard
C3 - Medium
C4 - Sorta Soft
C5 - Soft

I was kinda hoping for a tyre softer than the hyper, just to hear it's name

Parra

Referee
Red Bull have also shown off their race livery. With any luck, given the lack of changes, that they spent their budget on reliability.

image.jpg

Written this season off already? Hopes for some results for Ricciardo

Parra

Referee
I assume they are
C1 - Hard
C2 - Sorta Hard
C3 - Medium
C4 - Sorta Soft
C5 - Soft

I was kinda hoping for a tyre softer than the hyper, just to hear it's name

Aren't they just taking three compounds to each race and calling them H/M/S regardless of the compound?

No more adjectives. f**king really soft would've been good though. Or marshmallows.

Then again, I want quali tyres and engines back.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Written this season off already? Hopes for some results for Ricciardo
I don't think, in my feeble brain, that engines were Red Bulls problems. Renault team had no issues with Renault engines, But RB constantly had issues, which made me think they were pushing the engines too much.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don't think, in my feeble brain, that engines were Red Bulls problems. Renault team had no issues with Renault engines, But RB constantly had issues, which made me think they were pushing the engines too much.

It was an easy out to blame the engines. Even the Renault's in McLaren were lasting better.

The times for testing always hard to gauge given teams at different stages. McLaren being 2nd bodes well for Renault engine pace

Parra

Referee

Seems so. Or was car design sub optimal for the engine layout as with Mclaren/Honda?

We'll see what happens if Red Bull turn up the Honda's as well. I believe Honda will get it right. 2019? No idea.

franklin2323

Immortal
Seems so. Or was car design sub optimal for the engine layout as with Mclaren/Honda?

We'll see what happens if Red Bull turn up the Honda's as well. I believe Honda will get it right. 2019? No idea.

The Renault backed McLaren was infront of them 1st up with testing. I guess over the course of the season will decide if it was a good or bad decision

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Red Bull just needed a new auto-electrician, not a new engine supplier lol

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
So long as the Renault has good aero like the RB did, he'll be fine I reckon.

I think it was more a safer move than a risky one for him to go to Renault. The engine is the same, so he knows its capabilities.

franklin2323

Immortal
So long as the Renault has good aero like the RB did, he'll be fine I reckon.

I think it was more a safer move than a risky one for him to go to Renault. The engine is the same, so he knows its capabilities.

If he believes that Red Bull can't catch the top 2 like he said then Renault makes sense

Life's Good

Coach
Definitely not rocket science from me but I seeing a similar pecking order to last year with Merc, Ferrari & RB leading the way.
A quite jumbled up middle order that Renault, Racing Point(such a silly name)or Alfa R could lead. You then get Haas, STR & McLaren(too late for James Key to influence them this year to a great extent)capable of challenging those 3.
Williams, forget about it. Their decline is very sad I can’t see their much heralded saviour, Paddy Lowe, lasting for much longer save a dramatic turnaround.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Williams are at a point where they'd probably be better off wheeling out their 2014 car lol