What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 2019

Parra

Referee

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Red Bull still has some gremlins in the gearbox - Max's car had some overnight repairs and on the final day of testing his gearbox failed.

Williams looks to have a shit tonne of problems still with their car.

Ferrari and Mercedes are basically neck and neck right now.

Storm13

Juniors
Red Bull still has some gremlins in the gearbox - Max's car had some overnight repairs and on the final day of testing his gearbox failed.

Remember when Williams were Mercedes closet rival?

Seems so so so so so so long ago :(

franklin2323

Immortal

Maybe if Red Bull instead of blaming Renault tried to fix these issues last year they'd be closer to the top 2

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Remember when Williams were Mercedes closet rival?

Seems so so so so so so long ago :(
It's like a lifetime ago.

Williams have the engine and the drivers, but they've completely annihilated the balance of the car and they have no idea how to find it again. Its to the point where its just sad now. They could have a car pushing the top 2, undoubtedly, but they've botched everything so bad, they'll be happy if they don't finish last in the constructors this year.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Maybe if Red Bull instead of blaming Renault tried to fix these issues last year they'd be closer to the top 2
They've always blamed the engine supplier. Despite every other team using the same supplier having no where near the volume of reliability issues.

Its no wonder Aston Martin and Audi have both declined to supply engines to Red Bull.

Dodgy

Juniors
Williams are rudderless. The team has turned to **** once their driving forces (WIlliams and Head) were gone. Passion drives this games, and there isn't any there atm.

Idk what's going to happens for the battel of best of the rest. While I understand Ricciardo is playing the long term game in his career. I want him to get the better of RB in the short term so I feel good.

Life's Good

Coach
Pissed off that there is no Indycar on foxtel. Highlight hour on Tuesday night is it.

And Fox have canned their NASCAR coverage too.
You can watch free on their Live Pass but it’s without commentary.

Last edited:

Life's Good

Coach
Williams are rudderless. The team has turned to **** once their driving forces (WIlliams and Head) were gone. Passion drives this games, and there isn't any there atm.

Idk what's going to happens for the battel of best of the rest. While I understand Ricciardo is playing the long term game in his career. I want him to get the better of RB in the short term so I feel good.

Paddy Lowe has gone on a leave of absence which is a precursor to a full split Williams(he’s a shareholder & board member).
I think the next to go should be Claire but I’m not sure who takes charge. It will get worse there before it gets better unfortunately.

Life's Good

Coach
I’m about 1/3 of the way through this fly on the wall F1 series on NF.
It’s a break from the traditional season review(filmed during 2018)& is simply based on various storyline’s throughout the year.
Of note is the Daniel Ricciardo split with RB, the RB split with Renault & the state of play at McLaren & Williams.

I highly recommend it.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80204890?s=i&trkid=13747225

Parra

Referee
I’m about 1/3 of the way through this fly on the wall F1 series on NF.
It’s a break from the traditional season review(filmed during 2018)& is simply based on various storyline’s throughout the year.
Of note is the Daniel Ricciardo split with RB, the RB split with Renault & the state of play at McLaren & Williams.

I highly recommend it.

https://www.netflix.com/title/80204890?s=i&trkid=13747225

It is awesome - the high-def footage is worth it alone - all the fly-on-the-wall stuff is great. It was hard watching Haas f**k it up at Melbourne again - they were in such a great position.

franklin2323

Immortal
It is awesome - the high-def footage is worth it alone - all the fly-on-the-wall stuff is great. It was hard watching Haas f**k it up at Melbourne again - they were in such a great position.

It shows how much of a wanker Horner is too.

Good series...

Life's Good

Coach
I’m liking the look of Alfa Romeo. They could spring a podium or 2 with Kimi through the year. Car looks good too.
Qualy will be good as it will give a good insight into the short term pecking order. Ferrari looked to be holding back after the red flag in P2.

Storm13

Juniors
Qualy is a must watch tomorrow. Field looks closer but the front runners usually have that next level in Q3. I just hope we get back to seeing the midfield make the odd appearance on the podium.

Life's Good

Coach
Qualy is a must watch tomorrow. Field looks closer but the front runners usually have that next level in Q3. I just hope we get back to seeing the midfield make the odd appearance on the podium.
I can’t see the single appearance of a non top 3 team podium(Perez)being repeated.
Whilst Red Bull will be quick they’ll still have reliability issues. You can count on Ferrari & Merc missing out from time to time so I’m confident we’ll see a bit more podium variety.

Storm13

Juniors
I can’t see the single appearance of a non top 3 team podium(Perez)being repeated.
Whilst Red Bull will be quick they’ll still have reliability issues. You can count on Ferrari & Merc missing out from time to time so I’m confident we’ll see a bit more podium variety.
I know but I can still dream :(

I long for the Trulli train to return :)

Latest posts