F1 2019

Discussion in 'Motor Sports' started by madunit, Feb 8, 2019.

1. franklin2323

franklin2323 Referee

The top 3 teams don't bring many updates on as the season moves on. Baku usually throws in some drama

2. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

Baku is one hell of a race. I’ve really come to look forward to it.

On the updates, the level of development is intense. Whilst it’s not something you see on the track with endless testing(like in the Schumacher days)the amount of work with CFD, rolling road wind tunnel testing, engine dyno work is non stop(apart from the mandatory 3 week summer shutdown).
    The top 3 teams are relentless in bringing mods to their cars all throughout the season(even the minnows, budget permitting).
    There’s a story about Merc this year who, after feeling off the pace at the first Barca test developed an entirely new aero kit for the second Barca test.
    Rest assured, the arms race will continue until the budget cap comes into effect(if ever).

jargan83 likes this.
  3. Parra

Parra Referee

Great book to read is How To Build Car by Adrian Newey. Refining the car is continuous. They need a good base though.

Also Brawns book Total Strategy I think it is. Both give a lit of insight into F1

Quali today should be great.

Dodgy and Life's Good like this.
  4. Storm13

Storm13 Juniors

Holy shit!

What a great Q1 :)

5. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

Ouch. Merc definitely had the sandbags loaded for Barca testing.
    Hamilton did that with ease. Fastest in each session to having more speed when pushed by Bottas in Qualy.
    The debrief at Ferrari would have been interesting.

6. Dodgy

Dodgy Juniors

I would disagree that he did it with ease. I can't see that there was any left than what he had after Bottas' great lap. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come form Bottas as well. It'll be interesting to see if he picks off Hamilton at the first turn. A big advantage form MB means they don't have to be completely stupid about team orders.

7. Life's Good

Life's Good Coach

I meant ease over what Ferrari were looking to offer from testing. All short & long run pace in testing indicated the reds were at least half a second quicker but Ham has been quicker in every session by anywhere from between 2 to 8 tenths.
    Agree that the battle with Bottas will be good IF Bottas can get the jump otherwise it will be a long afternoon.

Dodgy likes this.
  8. Parra

Parra Referee

Bottas did a Schumi. He was in a race on his own. A class above the field today.

Rotten luck for Ricciardo continues.

The mid pack racing this year will be epic.

Dodgy, jargan83 and Life's Good like this.