What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F7s articles on Leagueunlimited.com

Willow

Assistant Moderator
argh... ok. I should know better than to do this during dinner.

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
FTR, there's a zero post count for cornelius_sulla - but he/she gets a feature article for good luck.

And I did post all the POTM's here: http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=346948&page=3

Now edited so JesBass article has replaced the other.

Posting it here in this thread now, below:

POTMs 2009
(Click on title to link)

Round 1
Drewsta (Bluebags) Anything you can do...
TitsAnonymous (Titans) Musings of a Footy Widow
Leaguenut (Panthers) If you want to destroy my sweater
JesBass (Warriors) Ch-ch-ch-changes
Dubopov (Dragons) HOWARD'S WAY
Dave Q (Rabbitohs) The Angel, Sonny and me.
lingard (Eels) Oh, yes; Rugby League is more than just a game.

Round 2
madunit (Panthers) An Interview With HRH Tim Sheens
Everlovin' Antichrist (Bluebags) Bring it.
henrieté (Roosters) The Real Face of Rugby League.
Ribs (Dragons) Whats in a number?
miccle (Rabbitohs) An ode to Benny's return

Round 3
Willow (Bluebags) Seven Minutes
MKEB... (Warriors) A Team Like No Other.
Amadean (Titans) NRPL
Dubopov (Dragons) ONE MINUTE

Anzac Test
Titanic (Australia Kangaroos) A “call” to arms

Round 4
miccle (Rabbitohs) Let me hate them, please
Tittoolate (Titans) It wasn’t always like this....
eloquentEEL (Eels) Rugby League Community College :: Rugby League Administration
Non Terminator (Roosters) The Founding Grandfather
Bay Vikings (Warriors) Full Time

Round 5
Black Kitty (Bluebags) To jinx or not to jinx?
Titanic (Titans) Adieu old friend
antonius (Warriors) The Other Side
Dave Q (Rabbitohs) 800 Years of Rugby League

State of Origin
Willow (NSW) I, Robot

Round 6
tits&tans (Titans) Never Again
Cheesie-the-Pirate (Bluebags) Footy Follies
phantom eel (Eels) Younger, fitter, stronger…
rayroxon (Warriors) Coping with Loss.

Round 7
Everlovin' Antichrist (Bluebags) A letter to the 60%
tits&tans (Titans) Cheese-Eating Surrender Monkeys
Fein (Roosters) Jason Taylor - A Dark Knight In The Museum
bartman (Eels) Would you like fries with that?
Azkatro (Panthers) Solving the State of Origin ‘problem’

Aust v ROTW International Test
Titanic (Aust Kangaroos) ROTW in perspective
bartman (Aust Kangaroos) (Don't) Take the Pressure Down…
Amadean (Rest of the World) Mike Hunt is going to Aussie Rules.

Round 8
gorilla (Bluebags) Animals and barbarism.
Monk (Roosters) A little bit of superstition.
bgdc (Titans) Morons or morass
dubopov (Dragons) THE AMBULANCE SHIELD

Round 9
muzby (Bluebags) Benched
Dragon Punk (Dragons) A week in the life of an NRL fan.
Rayroxon (Warriors) Off the Rails
Jesbass (Warriors) A Pain Never Lost
phantom eel (Eels) On The Punt

Semi-finals
Titanic (Titans) Global League
melon.... (Roosters) I’ve Got Wood.

Semi-finals
Black Kitty (Bluebags) Goodbye to a true Hero
Jesbass (Warriors) Keeping Fai:th

Preliminary final
Titanic (Titans) Apocalypse Then

Grand final
Willow (Bluebags) Little Big Trike

FOR THOSE WHO LIKE STATS...

Most POTMs (excluding F7s Four Nations):
Titanic (Titans) 5 :clap:
Dubopov (Dragons) 3
Willow (Bluebags) 3
Jesbass (3)

(Plus a lots of 2s)

POTMs per team:
Bluebags 10 :thumn
Titans 9
Warriors 8
Dragons 5
Roosters 5
Eels 5
Rabbitohs 4
Panthers 3
Cougars 0

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Btw, cornelius_sulla - wherever you are - you wrote a beaut article. Very worthy of a feature on LU.

Jesbass

First Grade
Btw, cornelius_sulla - wherever you are - you wrote a beaut article. Very worthy of a feature on LU.

Thanks for amending that, Steve. Cornelius was expected to be a key part of our 2009 season, but he suffered a season ending injury shortly after the first round, but he seems to be on the mend now, so hopefully he'll be firing on all cylinders in 2010. :thumn

Titanic

First Grade
excellent effort Willow and I again apologise for not not getting this going when I had previously offered to help.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Ch-ch-ch-changes
by: Jesbass (Warriors)
image.php

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]The dawn of a new rugby league season brings with it a series of changes.... A Forum Sevens article from early 2009.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]more[/FONT]

divider_navbar_red.gif

If you want to destroy my sweater
by: LeagueNut (Panthers)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Ahh, Super League. Remember the balmy days of 1997? I’m not talking about the division or the bitterness – I’m talking about those wonderful and unique Super League team jerseys.... A Forum Sevens article from early 2009.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]more[/FONT]

Willow

Assistant Moderator
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Published on LeagueUnlimited's main news page and the F7s website...[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LATEST F7S ARTICLES[/FONT]

Oh yes, Rugby League is more than just a game
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]January 11th 2010 10:33 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]lingard (Eels)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]On a sunny winter day in 1966, I went with my father to Cumberland Oval. Parramatta pitted against the might of St George. My dad said, "There`s Ken Thornett", and "that`s Reg Gasnier"... A Forum Sevens article from early 2009....[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] more[/FONT]

divider_navbar_red.gif

The Angel, Sonny and me
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]January 11th 2010 10:23 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dave Q (Rabbitohs)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Seven years of water polo, swimming championships, life saving medals, 400 m swims, even diving (!) had all conspired to make me a little over-confident in the water... A Forum Sevens article from early 2009.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

Last edited:

Dave Q

Coach
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Published on LeagueUnlimited's main news page and the F7s website...[/FONT]

Oh yes, Rugby League is more than just a game
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]January 11th 2010 10:33 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]lingard (Eels)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]On a sunny winter day in 1966, I went with my father to Cumberland Oval. Parramatta pitted against the might of St George. My dad said, "There`s Ken Thornett", and "that`s Reg Gasnier"... A Forum Sevens article from early 2009....[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

divider_navbar_red.gif

The Angel, Sonny and me
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]January 11th 2010 10:23 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dave Q (Rabbitohs)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Seven years of water polo, swimming championships, life saving medals, 400 m swims, even diving (!) had all conspired to make me a little over-confident in the water... A Forum Sevens article from early 2009.[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

To make the main news page, is something I have aspired to do since I joined the F7's. This is a little dream come true.

I have been published, the family will be pretty happy.

Thanks heaps LU.

bartman

Immortal
Well done Dave.

Always good to see the F7s articles rolling through the headlines of the site. :thumn

Dave Q

Coach
Well done Dave.

Always good to see the F7s articles rolling through the headlines of the site. :thumn

Thanks Barty and I agree.

When I was new to LU, I didnt know much about F7's, now I think its a key part of "legitimising" the site and adds a lot of intellectual capital to it. This is not another footy site. In fact, the source material is becoming more illusory as we sort the wood from the trees.

And its also a very inclusionary and democratic mode of expression.

Theres a substantial "hard core" F7 element. Some of them dont visit the actual site very much.

An engine of idea's, creativity, offerer of cognitive and normative indulgence!

To be selected by a third party and shoved out the door into the world, is at once a little scary but also quite exciting. An uplifting time for this wanna-be writer anyways.

My time at the bags taught me, F7's is not about sport, its about the spirit that drives it.

And the rabbitohs F7 side, well we live in that world too.

Theres some amazing minds out there.

Cheers.

Last edited:

bartman

Immortal
Agree with all of those sentiments re the Forum 7s Dave. I didn't know what to think when I first was recruited to a team, but gradually over the years it's become the part of the forums I most enjoy being part of, one of the main things that makes this place pretty unique.

In truth I don't get much of a chance to read through the other articles written during the course of the season. But at this time of year it's good to have a read of the cream of the creativity and expression being published on the main site, as we whet our appetites for the start of footy season proper.

Can't wait to get cracking for the Forum 7s season proper again this year.

Titanic

First Grade
Lol NT... in fact I was alluding to the old British Empire quip... the sun never sets on F7's.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
From Round 2, 2009:

FIVE POTM articles now on the main page of LU as well as the F7s website... I think it's an F7s record for one sitting.

FTR, reading these articles from 2009 is tremendous fun.

Congrats again to all writers. *triple thumbs up*

An ode to Benny's return
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]January 15th 2010 12:08 AM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]miccle (Rabbitohs)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Political correctness. For some, to be politically correct represents a sense of belonging to a... A Forum Sevens article 'for the ages' from early 2009... [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]more[/FONT]

---

Whats in a number?
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]January 14th 2010 11:46 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ribs (Dragons)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]When I was a kid, the number six jumper was always the one I wanted to wear... A Forum Sevens article from early 2009...[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

---

The Real Face of Rugby League
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]January 14th 2010 11:32 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]henrieté (Easts[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif])[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]David Gallop has had an eventful tenure as Chief Executive of the NRL... A Forum Sevens article from early 2009...[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]
more

---

Bring it
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]January 14th 2010 11:13 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Everlovin' Antichrist (Bluebags)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Rugby League is Australia is nothing if resilient. ...A Forum Sevens article from early 2009...[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

---

An Interview With HRH Tim Sheens
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]January 14th 2010 10:51 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]madunit (Panthers)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Interviewer: Hello Mr Sheens, thanks for joining us. Sheens: Your pleasure. Interviewer: I beg your pardon? ...A Forum Sevens article from early 2009....[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

Willow

Assistant Moderator
FROM ROUND 3 (APRIL), 2009:

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]LATEST F7S ARTICLES[/FONT] Seven Minutes
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]January 16th 2010 08:37 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Willow (Bluebags)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]The time it takes to lose a game: Seven Minutes... A Forum Sevens article from early 2009...[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

A Team Like No Other
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]January 16th 2010 08:25 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]MKEB... (Warriors)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]I know a bunch of guys that all want to play footy. We range in ages from 33 to 52; weights of 55kg to 120kg and fitness levels varying from paper pusher to couch potato. [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

NRPL
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]January 16th 2010 07:54 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Amadean (Titans)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]Even though this years Indian Premier League isn’t (being held in South Africa and all), nonetheless it has generated a sincere pulse of excitement, enthusiasm and entropy across India... A Forum Sevens article from early 2009...[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

ONE MINUTE
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]January 16th 2010 07:40 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dubopov (Dragons)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]We huddled around the goal posts in a group, cursing and swearing at the referee... A Forum Sevens article from early 2009...[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

Last edited:

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Once again, congrats to all players getting their articles published on the front pages of the LU and F7s websites. :clap:

LATEST F7S ARTICLES

A “call” to arms
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]January 19th 2010 06:25 PM[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]by:[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Titanic (Kangaroos[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif])[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-2]I am totally over it: chicken wings, drumsticks and the whole litany of ridiculous terminology that has emerged as our great game wrestles with the image transition from sport to entertainment medium... A Forum Sevens article from May 2009...[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]...[/FONT]

Last edited:

Latest posts