What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Falau's disloyalty on Grand Final eve

Azkatro

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,22490267-23214,00.html

Shades of Ikin and Tallis?

Is the Mormon Mission off?

Great timing eh!
I'm a bit worried about these guys. This on the back of Krisnan Inu deciding to go against his faith and stay in rugby league. While it's easy to sit back and hypothesise that Inu is just doing it for the money, there is anecdotal evidence to back up the claim - check out his profile on the Eels' website. When asked if he could change one thing about rugby league, he says he'd like to see the salary cap abolished. Hmm, wonder where his priorities lie!

Azkatro

First Grade
Misty Bee said:
BTW, an aside - how the hell does it happen that 3 kids grow up together in the same suburb, and play footy together, that one's eligible for Qld, another plays for the Kiwis and yet another plays for the Blues? Origin/rep rules are a farce.
They are indeed. Maurie Fa'asavalu, who plays for St. Helens in England, has declared he wants to play for GB later this year and for England in the world cup next year. This is despite the fact that he was born in Samoa, and played for Samoa in the 2003 rugby world cup! Apparently he qualifies under some 4 year residency rule.

RainMan

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
Now Israel thinks he's a Queenslander! FFS someone should buy him and Ingliss a map.

You had to laugh at the start of the Origin when they go through the teams and the players say what junior team they came from. Inglis says Bowraville...

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
badav said:
The guy is on a media ban. So talk about going off half cocked, some newspaper calling him disloyal when he hasnt said a word on the subject. Some journalists are just nasty sh*t smearers. low low people.

The article makes no mention of disloyalty. Misty Bee was the only one to use that term.

Pigskin

Juniors
its quite hilarious reading the ramblings of Misty

he can't comprehend players that want to play for, or support our GREAT club the Broncos, which he sticks the knife into at any available opportunity

and now, when his <cough> beloved blues are on the brink of a long (and I mean LOOOOOONG) dry spell, he wants to berate the eligibility rules

NSW has just as many farcically eligible players running around in sky blue you moron

and nobody wants to play for your stinking club - not that I know who that is, nor do i care

as for Israel, I'm sure we'll enter negotiations when the time is right, and he won't be offered the earth ... just a fair contract pending his standing at the time ...

deal with it and get over yourself

Oink !

Pierced Soul

First Grade
article was prob written by soemone trying to destabalise melbourne during gf week, just like all the other negative melb stories. if parra was in the gf we wouldnt have heard about this alleged 'move' until next year

Misty Bee

First Grade
Pigskin said:
its quite hilarious reading the ramblings of Misty

he can't comprehend players that want to play for, or support our GREAT club the Broncos, which he sticks the knife into at any available opportunity

and now, when his <cough> beloved blues are on the brink of a long (and I mean LOOOOOONG) dry spell, he wants to berate the eligibility rules

NSW has just as many farcically eligible players running around in sky blue you moron

and nobody wants to play for your stinking club - not that I know who that is, nor do i care

as for Israel, I'm sure we'll enter negotiations when the time is right, and he won't be offered the earth ... just a fair contract pending his standing at the time ...

deal with it and get over yourself

Oink !

The same eligibility rules that you lot still moan over when NSW allegedly selected all those Queenslanders in the interstate sides? The last Blues side before Origin was stacked with one! Also, name the 'farcical' Blues selections?

If no one would want to play for my "stinking" club, they would have forfeited you f**ktard!

badav

Bench
Frank_Grimes said:
The article makes no mention of disloyalty. Misty Bee was the only one to use that term.

My mistake. I assumed that was the articles headline. Should've known it was the work of musty pee.

Juniors
im ready to lose folau to someone else at the end of 2008 either it be the nrl, union or mormon mission, either way i doubt he'll stay in melbourne, ill cross that bridge when it happens but at the moment he's in the storm's gf line up and he'll be at the storm in 2008, go israel!

RalthFilthy

Juniors
Misty Bee said:
The Falau family moved from Minto to brisbane when he was about 14. Must have hit bloody hard times to make that move.

Now Israel thinks he's a Queenslander! FFS someone should buy him and Ingliss a map.

I still find the Inglis thing hard to fathom.
With the way the young guys are being moved around the whole "where you played your 1st graded game" thing needs a rethink. Inglis spent most or all of his life in NSW but is a Queenslander because the Storm signed him and sent him to QLD to play in a feeder team, what a joke.

God-King Dean

Immortal
IMO it's entirely up to the player who he wants to play for. If you've spent most of your life in NSW, go play in QLD & decide you wanna play for them, you weren't much of a New South Welshman in the first place.

tdcockers

Juniors
God-King Dean said:
Am I the only one who thinks his brother being a pr*ck by saying this before the Grand Final ?

He probably said it months ago, and a journo at Courier Mail HQ or somewhere like that has been sitting on it until now.

Gets much more interest and publicity if you save it until the player can't avoid the limelight....

pantherz9103

First Grade
_Johnsy said:
I am not surprised really, Melbourne are just a more purple version of Brisbane, minus their success.

Atleast they have enjoyed some success since PC's were invented. Unlike a certain other club.