What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Famous NRL Supporters

Danish

Referee
All those apparent celebrity souths fans.......

I wouldn't say that attending a game with Crowe while they are in Sydney makes them a fan.

reptar

Juniors
Jumpin' Jai is a Raiders supporter. As for infamous supporters, Ros Kelly supports the Raiders too.

jimmy_the_greek said:
Ian Thorpe,
Harry Kewell (although i thought he was a dragons fan)
Paul Keating
mark and steve waugh
Jimmy Maher (i dont know who he is, although i heard he is famous and supports us)
John Laws

there possibly may be more, this is what i can recall from the bulldogs forum.

im pretty sure steve waugh is a wests tigers( formerly a magpies) supporter , i have heard mark waugh on radio talk about their footy rivalry.

BTW , jimmy maher is a qld and former Australian cricketer.

Mr Saab

Referee
herbert henry1908 said:
im pretty sure steve waugh is a wests tigers( formerly a magpies) supporter , i have heard mark waugh on radio talk about their footy rivalry.

An email was sent to 2KY last week, when Mark Waugh was a guest, and it asked who he and his brother supported, and he declared that he and his brother are Dogs supporters...isnt that right Ink?

gregstar

Referee
john howard
morris dilemma
jimbo
graham richardson
doug mclelland
mark latham
kerry o'keefe
gregstar
peter wilkins
david morrow
leyton hewitt
melon

laurie dayley

Eelementary

Post Whore
Frank_Grimes said:
Lachlan Murdoch is the #1 Broncos ticket holder and a fan. Pat Rafter is a mad Broncos fan and the late Steve Irwin was also a follower.

Yes - of the Eels, according to the SMH...:?

gregstar said:
john howard
morris dilemma
jimbo
graham richardson
doug mclelland
mark latham
kerry o'keefe
gregstar
peter wilkins
david morrow
leyton hewitt
melon
laurie dayley

some shockers on that list mate.

Paul Hewson said:
SOUTHS

Russell Crowe
Andrew Denton
Mickey Robbins
Maroon from MMM
Mike Whitney
Candice Falzon
Jane Saville
Ray Martin
Jeff Fenech

Then there are the others like:

Ricky Ponting
Jason Gillespie
Tom Cruise
Burt Reynolds

Candice Falzon,I did not know that.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Paul Hewson said:
SOUTHS

Russell Crowe
Andrew Denton
Mickey Robbins
Maroon from MMM
Mike Whitney
Candice Falzon
Jane Saville
Ray Martin
Jeff Fenech

Then there are the others like:

Ricky Ponting
Jason Gillespie
Tom Cruise
Burt Reynolds

Jeff Fenech supports Parramatta. He even had his gym coloured blue and gold because he said he was a big supporter of them.

El Diablo

Post Whore
here's an excerpt from a Fenech interview

http://www.secondsout.com/world/colupham.cfm?ccs=223&cs=3903

While the quality and space of the gymnasium immediately impresses you on entering, the blue and gold colour scheming is bold enough to raise a few eyebrows. A fanatical Parramatta Eels rugby league fan, Fenech enjoys being surrounded by the colours of the team he had a short playing stint with in the late 1980s.

“It’s just the Parramatta colours. I am a fan and I thought I’d do something special,” said Fenech.

innsaneink

Referee
Mr Saab said:
An email was sent to 2KY last week, when Mark Waugh was a guest, and it asked who he and his brother supported, and he declared that he and his brother are Dogs supporters...isnt that right Ink?

Damn straight Chuck...we now know for certain.

Brutus

Referee
Kenny Calender & Brian Brown - Dragons.

Brett Ogle & Tim Webster (Plastic Bertrand) - Roosters

Mike Munro - North Sydney Bears

Brutus

Referee
Kenny Calender & Brian Brown - Dragons.

Brett Ogle & Tim Webster (Plastic Bertrand) - Roosters

Mike Munro - North Sydney Bears

Lucas Neil - Manly

El Diablo

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
Yes - of the Eels, according to the SMH...:?

true

they wrote

"Steven Irwin....was a huge Parramatta fan. He grew up in Victoria but when he moved to QLD, the eels were the favoured team in his area. He even did a video presentation for Parra and explained his love of the club by saying:"Eels make great croc food."...After Irwin's death, Australian Zoo called the eels to let them know what a huge fan he had been."

Paul Hewson

Juniors
El Diablo said:
Jeff Fenech supports Parramatta. He even had his gym coloured blue and gold because he said he was a big supporter of them.

All I know is that Fenech was a mad Souths fan during the 80's. He was always at the games. It wasn't until he played Reserve Grade for Parra that he had anything todo with them.

Latest posts