What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Famous Rugby League Quotes

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Zack DLR said:
"hey Mario...your brothers a bright spark....."

Benny Elias to Mario Fenech in a scrum, shortly after Marios brother had been electrocuted and died.

The scrum blew up, and Mario spent the afternoon trying to catch Benny.

Pretty clever but very wrong, I'm not shocked it came from Backdoor Benny.

To any Tigers fan that taped the GF......if you could get me some of those more interesting end of game quotes that would be FANTASTIC! :D

Kid

Juniors
LESStar58 said:
^ did Elias really say that? What a f**king lowlife dog! Sledging is okay but once you bring family into it you cross a line....if I was Fenech I woulda hunted Elias down like the dog he is and pounded his face till it was black and blue....yet another reason to hate the black and gold maggot!
Never happened. As a matter of fact, according to Bill Harrigan in his book, it was a Bulldogs player who he rufuses to name, who said the most disgusting thing to Fenech about his brother that Harrigan had ever heard.

QldRabbit

Juniors
Sterlo after Ray Warren shortened Wagga Wagga to Wagga.

" Wagga wagga rabs! You'd hardley call Woy Woy, Woy."

MrSharky

Juniors
My mate who was supporting the Cowboys last night, and after Hannay missed the conversion late in the match:

"Someone moved the posts!" :lol: :lol:

icon6.gif

Knightmare

Coach
"For Tigers fans, the Telstra Premiership trophy is like a Sports Illustrated centrefold- great to look at, but they know that they'll probably never get their hands on it"- Fox Sports' Warren Smith, 'Big League', circa 2005.

SirShire

First Grade
For some reason I love what Chief says after winning the 1997 Granf Final. Always hits a chord with me.

SirShire

First Grade
It's always played by the footy show. Talking about all the people lining the road out of Newcastle.

Moffo

Referee
what a great thread, one of the best i have ever read

i don't have many, perhaps when Ryles said

' I'd play in Afghanistan if they wanted me to' - after the roos said they'd pull out of a trip to england a few years ago

Gasniers quote had something about spurting sauce in it as well

How about Fattys quote....thats not football, that's a miracle! from the 94 origin game wasn't it?

Terry Hill had some great quotes, definitely worth more research

j_tig

Juniors
chief after the 97 GF:
'we won the grand final, we won the grand final...' must have said it about a million times!!!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Dennis Fitzgerald, 1999:

"Two struggling clubs merging into one will simply create another struggling club..."

Terry Hill to Clint Newton

"your nothing but a f**ken reserve grader"

a few minutes later Tezza is deadset giving it to newton as he is being sent to the bin for Ten,after taking Tezza`s bait hook line and sinker

does anybody know what Tezza said to newton as he was going off the field`

Latest posts