What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fans Say: WA Reds logo

Xfactor1979

Bench
I have a great idea for a kit design

black with a red sash running down the front and back!

oh whoops! how about, black with a red sash?

GAZF

First Grade
I will give it a proper go later. I'm thinking black/red/gold would suit better than red/black/gold.

Nicolas Hart

Juniors
I'd be very surprised if the West Coast part of the name lasts. I think the AFL might have something to say about that.

The term "West Coast" is fine.

- West Coast Eagles [ AFL ]
- West Coast Fever [ Netball ]
- West Coast Waves [ WNBL ]

However, I would prefer "Perth Pirates" rather than "West Coast Pirates" personally.

Actually, I prefer the 'Reds' but obviously that's no longer an option.

Nuke

Staff member
I see they've reverted back to the Western Reds colours of red, gold, black, and white.

Personally, red, gold and black is all I think they needed.
I'd stick with a predominantly red jersey (with black as a secondary colour and gold coming in 3rd ... basically the revamped 2012 WA Reds jersey with gold replacing the silver) for the 'main' jersey.
The 'alternate' jersey would then be the same jersey but with the gold and red switched around.
The heritage jersey could only really be the 1995 Western Reds jersey.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
yaaaaaaaarggggggggghhhhhhhhhh mateeeeees

I don;t mind the name. although they will end up getting referred to as the butt pirates on LU

i really hope they come into the comp in 2015, but more than that I hope the ARLC uses their brains and allows them salary cap concessions for the first few years to get a quality team developed there

Raiderdave

First Grade
I'd be very surprised if the West Coast part of the name lasts. I think the AFL might have something to say about that.

they can say all they like

they'll have zero influence on wether this Perth team is called West Coast
in fact scrub that

they'll have less then zero influence

the Perth Pirates & Brisbane Bombers for 2015 ;-)

Panfas

Juniors
What the f**k does the AFL have to do with this? They have no input in OUR name and can get f**ked if they try anything. Did the NRL make the Thuns change their name and not use Gold Coast? How about the Lions? Did the Broncos stop them using Brisbane? FMD term 'West Coast' is not just an AFL one, it is used in the general public

docbrown

Coach
I am no fan of Pirates at sports mascots - they're campy by nature.

However WEST COAST PIRATES actually kinda works and the logo works plus the colours are spot on.

GAZF

First Grade
Any jersey designs GAZF?

Here's a quick one.

Pirates.jpg

Latest posts