What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fantastic Story on 6:30 George Negus - Awra El Masri

gUt

Coach
Apologies to Willow and others who wanted this thread to remain civil. But I am going to defend myself against emotion-based personal attacks. Try reading what I actually said, rather than what you want to think I said.

What "hatred" have I "spewed"? I said that it's the religion that asks them to wear the headscarf, to which you called me all sorts of names and then said the exact same thing I did.

No woman 'chooses' to wear head coverings (or worse) in a vacuum. The 'reason' for the garment is religion and religion alone..

The vast majority wear it because they are people of faith and as part of their faith and culture it is a requirement. They are happy to do so and want to do so because it is part of their beliefs and culture.

I guess you're a redneck hick too, seeing as you said the exact same thing I did.

You then go on about oppressive households and men, neither of which I mentioned or even hinted at. In the same vein I haven't mentioned terrorists, that was an idea that BM and yourself saw fit to bring up. Maybe it was the tears of rage in your eyes that blurred what was actually on the screen.

I even said I think it's wrong to ban it, that's "intolerance" to you? I don't know you or what you believe but I do know that there is a certain type of person in the world who are super keen to take offence on behalf of others so they can feel better about themselves.

I don't listen to 2GB, it seems it's too full of people who don't like opinions that differ from their own and who go crazy when exposed to them. Sounds to me like you'd fit in with that.

Notaleaver

Juniors
lets not get started on why the religion is wrong or what not (believe me i do not support the religion or any others for that matter because i think theyre outdated ideas).

lets just realise that hazem and his wife are a shining example of the positive nature muslims can have.

p.s. good to hear about hazem again, he was my fave player until he retired

Teddyboy

First Grade
lets not get started on why the religion is wrong or what not (believe me i do not support the religion or any others for that matter because i think theyre outdated ideas).

lets just realise that hazem and his wife are a shining example of the positive nature muslims can have.

p.s. good to hear about hazem again, he was my fave player until he retired

He ain't that shining example as he would of proved himself of all wrong doing in he Coffs Harbour scandal by giving an DNA sample and talking to the police.

Packy

Bench
I am pretty sure he has been cleared on any wrong doing relating to that incident regardless.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I am pretty sure he has been cleared on any wrong doing relating to that incident regardless.

Exactly. He declined and protested about giving the sample because he had already cooperated with the police telling them that he was in bed at the time. His belief, misguided perhaps, was that his word should have been enough.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
We don't have to give dna because that's our choice. It is a basic freedom in Australia, a freedom you seem to want to take away.
He ain't that shining example as he would of proved himself of all wrong doing in he Coffs Harbour scandal by giving an DNA sample and talking to the police.

Last edited:
lol Just read this whole thread. :crazy:

This thread was supposed to be a feel good story about varying cultures, rugby league and how, no matter who you are and where you come from; there is always going to be something that we all have in common:

FOOD AND F**KING FOOTBALL !

and for some unknown reason it was hijacked and made into something entirely different.

On the plus side it gave us an insight into the kind of people there are on this forum, with their varying opinions; which I found to be very interesting.

Teddyboy

First Grade
We don't have to give dna because that's our choice. It is a basic freedom in Australia, a freedom you seem to want to take away.

I don't want to take any freedom away but sometimes maybe not in the Coffs Harbour case but some people use race/religion as an excuse etc.
Sod it people can do what they want with religion along as they don't ram it done your throat or try and use it for political gain.I don't really have time for it be it Islam,Mormons or the God Squad.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
I don't want to take any freedom away but sometimes maybe not in the Coffs Harbour case but some people use race/religion as an excuse etc.
Not sure why you keep bringing up Coffs. El Masri was totally cleared of any wrong doing.

If he chose not to give a DNA sample, that was his choice to make. Not yours or anyone here.
Teddyboy said:
Sod it people can do what they want with religion along as they don't ram it done your throat or try and use it for political gain.I don't really have time for it be it Islam,Mormons or the God Squad.
I assume by god squad you mean other christians (beside mormons)? They all believe in the same god, including muslims.

What does this have to do with his DNA? And when has El Masri ever rammed his religion down your throat?

Last edited:

Ulysseus

Bench
I'll think you'll find that Islam is a very inclusive religion as far as race is concerned.

If I were looking to cause a world wide cluster f**k of violence I wouldn't be that worried about who wanted to procure violence for me either.

Teddyboy

First Grade
Not sure why you keep bringing up Coffs. El Masri was totally cleared of any wrong doing.

If he chose not to give a DNA sample, that was his choice to make. Not yours or anyone here.
I assume by god squad you mean other christians (beside mormons)? They all believe in the same god, including muslims.

What does this have to do with his DNA? And when has El Masri ever rammed his religion down your throat?

He hasn't but there are other types who have and it's funny but thats for a different forum or non RL thread.

Lego_Man

First Grade
The central pillars of Islam are based around violence and conquest to spread the word, regardless of how moderates in the media dress it up.

That's the key difference with other religions such as Christianity and Buddhism. People looking at Jesus and his disciples, or Buddha, cant look at their conduct in scripture and find violent acts to emulate. Sure, they can still commit vile acts, but they can never say that they were acting as their figurehead would have done.

Islam is the opposite, if you want to follow the example of Mohammed all you have to do is pick up a sword, conquer some territory, and force prepubescent girls into marrying you.

In essence - if youre a moderate Muslim who shuns jihad, you're not doing it properly.

That is why Islam will always be a religion that fosters extremism.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
The central pillars of Islam are based around violence and conquest to spread the word, regardless of how moderates in the media dress it up.

That's the key difference with other religions such as Christianity and Buddhism. People looking at Jesus and his disciples, or Buddha, cant look at their conduct in scripture and find violent acts to emulate. Sure, they can still commit vile acts, but they can never say that they were acting as their figurehead would have done.

Islam is the opposite, if you want to follow the example of Mohammed all you have to do is pick up a sword, conquer some territory, and force prepubescent girls into marrying you.

In essence - if youre a moderate Muslim who shuns jihad, you're not doing it properly.

Ever read the old testament? :crazy::crazy:

Lego_Man

First Grade
Ever read the old testament? :crazy::crazy:

Yeah, and that's why i didnt include Judaism in my spiel.

The teachings of Jesus supersede the Torah, which is why their is a Christian Church in addition to the Jewish one (ie they are separate religions).

Willow

Assistant Moderator
He hasn't but there are other types who have and it's funny but thats for a different forum or non RL thread.
I've met religious nutters too, but I don't blame it on El Masri. I'm not surprised that you don't want to discuss it further.

Ha! Did you just suggest Christian is void of violent pillars?

Let me tell you, Christianity is only acceptable now because European atheists dragged the backwards pagans kicking and screaming into the 21st f**king century.

Christianity is absolutely as abhorrent as Islam and anyone saying other wise has been fooled by the false Christians who do not follow their book.

If you come across a decent Christian, Muslim or Jew you can be guaranteed they're not following their religion properly :lol:

The problem with Islam is that Muslims follow it properly. Contrary to Christians, who do not follow their holy book of barbarism. The notion that Christianity is anything but vile and evil is based on an ignorance to Christianity. How dare you compare it to Buddhism.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=44b_1265667120

Latest posts