What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fantasy Leagues

_Johnsy

Referee
for some reason I have 10 on my auto list, but manu players (including those on my draft auto list) from my positional lists. Say if I click on add a centre to my positional list (because non showon this list) there are several who are purple (listed as chosen by me in that position) however some om them appear on my auto draft choice list ??? bizzare

Off to work soon, so if there s an issue with my list, mig-cappo take my choice from my auto list. I will ensure there is 10 on there before I leave. If there is an issue today and I hold up the draft apoligies.

Last edited:

_Johnsy

Referee
for a pack of dirty orange freaks maybe. ;-)

I had Nightingale next on m list and some mongrel stole him from from under my nose, so is this how it's gonna be monk.

Difficult to select the best of middle tier players.

Last edited:

abpanther

Staff member
Pretty pathetic that I can't change my Liam Fulton pick, I only just heard on the radio the other day (after the pick) that he was going, I never saw a thread or news about it, it's not like I'm being advantaged as I'm changing him for someone that is still available heaps of picks later.

But whatever, it seems like this league is being run by a few small minded people, I'll accept the verdict.

Johns Magic

Referee
Pretty pathetic that I can't change my Liam Fulton pick, I only just heard on the radio the other day (after the pick) that he was going, I never saw a thread or news about it, it's not like I'm being advantaged as I'm changing him for someone that is still available heaps of picks later.

But whatever, it seems like this league is being run by a few small minded people, I'll accept the verdict.

No one's said you can't, so get off your high-horse.

If you think you deserve a second choice because you did something silly then go ahead.

abpanther

Staff member
No one's said you can't, so get off your high-horse.

If you think you deserve a second choice because you did something silly then go ahead.

I'm not any high horse, you stated that you don't agree with me getting another pick and compared it to someone getting an injury in the trials, I harldy see the comparison as injuries are something that you deal with in these comps, a guy not playing in a comp at all is a bit different.

I picked a guy, and then found out afterwards that he would be playing in a different competition, if it was so well known then why was he listed?

Like I said I am happy to accept the verdict, I just disagree with it and it epitomises the way this comp is being run.

Johns Magic

Referee
I'm not any high horse, you stated that you don't agree with me getting another pick

I don't, but I said I wasn't going to say you couldn't get another pick.

and compared it to someone getting an injury in the trials, I harldy see the comparison as injuries are something that you deal with in these comps, a guy not playing in a comp at all is a bit different.

Well neither of them would play all year so really what difference is there? Besides that in the case of an injury you would have no prior notice, unlike in this case.

I picked a guy, and then found out afterwards that he would be playing in a different competition, if it was so well known then why was he listed?

Because he hadn't officially left yet. It was all but a formality though, and had been in the news.

Like I said I am happy to accept the verdict, I just disagree with it and it epitomises the way this comp is being run.

Again with the high horse. The verdict was that you can have your second pick, but that you messed up. This wasn't bad luck like an injury would be, it was just a bad selection.

abpanther

Staff member
I don't, but I said I wasn't going to say you couldn't get another pick.

Ok, but the decision is obviously based on the other owner's opinions so if you disagree then it wont happen will it.

Well neither of them would play all year so really what difference is there? Besides that in the case of an injury you would have no prior notice, unlike in this case.

The difference is that injuries are a part of sport and are a known risk inherent in selecting a player, hence why you may steer clear of injury prone players because they have a higher risk of sustaining serious injuries. However a player not being part of the competition is not an inherent risk as it is assumed that if a player is available for selection then he will be part of the competition.

Because he hadn't officially left yet. It was all but a formality though, and had been in the news.

Look you may be right, but I like to think that I follow NRL news quite a bit and I never saw it on the news nor did I see any threads about it in the forum.

Again with the high horse. The verdict was that you can have your second pick, but that you messed up. This wasn't bad luck like an injury would be, it was just a bad selection.

What high horse? Because I comment on how this comp is being run I'm on a high horse? Get over yourself mate, I'm free to voice my opinion and if you think that's being arrogant or whatever then that's your problem, I guess it's part of this whole 'suck it up' mentality. Your last sentence is my point, injuries are bad luck and part of the game, someone not being involved entirely in the competition you are darfting for isn't bad luck, they should not be eligible for drafting in the first place.

Charlie124

First Grade
Pretty quality side except that you don't have a halfback. Why did you buy two fullbacks?

Halfbacks are next to useless in fantasy comps (unless youre in one of those ones where try assists get you points). Tries, Forward Tries and Goals are all that gets you points here, ill pick up whatever scum is left at the end to fill the halfback spot. Everyone in our comp has made 11 choices and i reckon there have been 2 halfbacks taken overall that werent goalkickers.

As for the two fullbacks, you can have 2 backs on your bench, might as well have try scorers.

Just added Ty Williams this morning

Johns Magic

Referee
Ok, but the decision is obviously based on the other owner's opinions so if you disagree then it wont happen will it.

No, it's based on the other people in the league's opinion. He already stated that. And I said it was ok.

The difference is that injuries are a part of sport and are a known risk inherent in selecting a player, hence why you may steer clear of injury prone players because they have a higher risk of sustaining serious injuries. However a player not being part of the competition is not an inherent risk as it is assumed that if a player is available for selection then he will be part of the competition.

But what if I'd picked Cooper Vuna, not knowing that he'd already sustained a season ending injury? Would you honestly be happy about me getting another pick upon realising?

What high horse? Because I comment on how this comp is being run I'm on a high horse? Get over yourself mate, I'm free to voice my opinion and if you think that's being arrogant or whatever then that's your problem, I guess it's part of this whole 'suck it up' mentality.

The whole, "I'll accept your decision, but only because I'm a better person" angle you're running. Did you think this league wasn't going to be competitive? And Big Mick was the one who took it too seriously, not the rest of us. He had a tanty, several in fact. We have no control over the order of picks so don't even start with the "suck it up" stuff.

Your last sentence is my point, injuries are bad luck and part of the game, someone not being involved entirely in the competition you are darfting for isn't bad luck, they should not be eligible for drafting in the first place.

Look, I can definitely see where you're coming from. Hence why I didn't say you couldn't get another pick. Anyway I'm done talking about it.