What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured Targets 3

Knight Tales

Bench
The earlier comments about the expansion teams may have some merit in all of this. O’Sullivan has already been there and done it. He knows the threat to the club. KP was born in Port Headland. You can pretty much guarantee he will be their number 1 target. It is just how it is in the NRL until they get real with a player window where huge fines and comp points deductions occur if tampering is proven. And he can make a lot of money there in third parties. His father is a miner as we know. So they have plenty to sell.

The Bears in reality could be a powerhouse with all the mining money over there. Dwarf anything on this coast. So there is great sense of urgency about all of this I can appreciate. It will never be admitted to but O’Sullivan would have told them he has to do it his way.

Last edited:
For an insight - FOX stats have both Lucas and Elliot in statistics for lock forwards

For anyone suggesting he's the key link in our attack - we are coming last
For anyone suggesting you may miss him - you won't miss not being competitive.

Lucas - 18 games (salary pie and a coke)
Runs- 2,073 (9th)
Line Breaks 6
Tackle Breaks - 53 (2nd)

Elliot - 20 games ( salary 500K + )
Runs 1,383 (26th)
Line Breaks 3
Tackle Breaks 34

Rod

Bench
I must be one of the few fans who actually value Elliot. He's not a world beater but given the cap position I think he's on solid fger money and offers that on the pitch
We did the Elliott argument to death a couple of months ago, but I think he's mostly fine. Had a shocker on the weekend but is normally solid and sometimes better than that, is a good link man for our backline moves (when we actually do them) tries his hardest and is rarely injured.

If he's on 475k then that's a fair wage IMO. That's not even 100k above an average top 30 salary.

The earlier comments about the expansion teams may have some merit in all of this. O’Sullivan has already been there and done it. He knows the threat to the club. KP was born in Port Headland. You can pretty much guarantee he will be their number 1 target. It is just how it is in the NRL until they get real with a player window where huge fines and comp points deductions occur if tampering is proven. And he can make a lot of money there in third parties. His father is a miner as we know. So they have plenty to sell.

The Bears in reality could be a powerhouse with all the mining money over there. Dwarf anything on this coast. So there is great sense of urgency about all of this I can appreciate. It will never be admitted to but O’Sullivan would have told them he has to do it his way.
that's a good point, I'll have a guess and say Pong wants a Premiership before he retires. Teddy retiring soon . He'll be a Rooster

Rod

Bench
For an insight - FOX stats have both Lucas and Elliot in statistics for lock forwards

Runs- 2,073 (9th)
Line Breaks 6
Tackle Breaks - 53 (2nd)

Runs 1,383 (26th)
Line Breaks 3
Tackle Breaks 34
I don't think Lucas has played a minute of lock in first grade. This is not a fair comparison.

Woody90

Juniors

Runs- 2,073 (9th)
Line Breaks 6
Tackle Breaks - 53 (2nd)

Runs 1,383 (26th)
Line Breaks 3
Tackle Breaks 34

Why are you comparing an edge player/centre and a middle?

I don't think Lucas has played a minute of lock in first grade. This is not a fair comparison.

I said it a while back and if reports are true then someone in charge of the roster agrees

Have a peak at where Elliot is in lock forward stats - below average.

A rookie on a pie and coke is better value to the overall roster and cap health.

Why are you comparing an edge player/centre and a middle?
to illustrate what a pie and coke salary is providing for the money compared to a guy on half a mill.

I haven't check his FANTASY POINTS - my bad

Woody90

Juniors
I must be one of the few fans who actually value Elliot. He's not a world beater but given the cap position I think he's on solid fger money and offers that on the pitch

There was a long arguement about Elliott in here recently and most people rate him the way you do. Culminating his stats he sits just in the top 8 of locks which I think is fair for his pay packet.

He’s nowhere close to one of my favourite players so I don’t care too much if he leaves but my concern is that he’s now been tapped because we can’t get rid of others and we’ll end up with someone that offers less than Elliott because we have no cap space.

Bloke in a Bar pod had a good analysis on Elliott on Monday’s ep. Talked about how they see him as a really good footballer but he gets so into the physical side of the game he makes errors by trying to do too much which is his downfall.

PhilGould

Bench
I said it a while back and if reports are true then someone in charge of the roster agrees

A rookie on a pie and coke is better value to the overall roster and cap health.

to illustrate what a pie and coke salary is providing for the money compared to a guy on half a mill.

Once again, fantasy points are the exact same stats that you're using to base your arguments off - just calculated together into one single score. There's no magic dust added. It's still not a good argument for ranking players but it's as reliable as you cherry picking a few stats to support your stance.

Woody90

Juniors

It’s been explained to you like 5 times now mate and you still don’t seem to understand what they base fantasy points on. It’s a culmination of all of a players stats. FTR I don’t like using stats as a basis to rate players alone but since you seem obsessed with them I’m happy to speak your language.

Rod

Bench

Agrees with what?

Lucas is a gun but plays a different position and is a rare case - it's impossible to fill a team with Lucases. Some players you actually have to pay them what they're worth.

Woody90

Juniors
Agrees with what?

Lucas is a gun but plays a different position and is a rare case - it's impossible to fill a team with Lucases. Some players you actually have to pay them what they're worth.

We also can’t assume that Lucas will be on a pie and coke (if that’s even what he’s on - knowing us he’s probably on a lot) beyond his current contract. That’s just the way it works. Unless they’re some kind of in demand gun like Ponga, rookies are always typically on nothing for their first FG contract and then they get upgraded significantly.

Rod

Bench
We also can’t assume that Lucas will be on a pie and coke (if that’s even what he’s on - knowing us he’s probably on a lot) beyond his current contract. That’s just the way it works. Unless they’re some kind of in demand gun like Ponga, rookies are always typically on nothing for their first FG contract and then they get upgraded significantly.
Agreed, that's what I meant by rare case. He'll get a significant upgrade soon, as he should.

mozza91

Coach
A centre makes more breaks and tackle breaks than a lock forward. That’s how you definitively claim that Elliott is a waste of money?

You need to move on Lich, everyone else has.

Last edited:
Once again, fantasy points are the exact same stats that you're using to base your arguments off - just calculated together into one single score. There's no magic dust added. It's still not a good argument for ranking players but it's as reliable as you cherry picking a few stats to support your stance.
lol pass the info on to the coaches buddy. There's a soft cap saver right there - just go straight for the fantasy points hahaha ffs

Latest posts