What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FAQS and Questions for Mario

Munky

Coach
I liked the Fatty movies in ARL 96. In next years version it would be great if they could do something similar with Matty Johns, but with Trant and Reg as well. Think after a big hit or spear tackle Reg making a comment would be great.

The option would have to be there to turn these off as they would get annoying but it would rock during 2 player friendlies.

Matta

Juniors
A question that I dont think has been asked yet, do backs with low catching ability (like me) tend to attempt to catch more bombs, or do players ever leave it to bounce?

theVodkaCircle

Juniors
CliffyGC SharkSlayer said:
theVodkaCircle said:
Moffo said:
i remember ARL96 having video footage and i thought it was a good touch. It'd be good to be used as a tool to promote the game

Cheers,
Moffo

Yeah, except for that moron Vautins head appearing out of nowhere. Thankfully he had an off switch in the game. :)
:evil: :evil: :evil:
VODKA

WHAT ?!?!?!?!?
The blokes a FUBB, and that's coming from a Queenslander !

Timmo

Juniors
Munky said:
I liked the Fatty movies in ARL 96. In next years version it would be great if they could do something similar with Matty Johns, but with Trant and Reg as well. Think after a big hit or spear tackle Reg making a comment would be great.

The option would have to be there to turn these off as they would get annoying but it would rock during 2 player friendlies.

The aim is to make the game BETTER each year! I don't watch the Footy Show anymore because Matty Johns destroyed it. They may as well call it The Penis Show, coz they talk about those more than they talk about Footy.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
also, sorry if this has been asked but i kinda gave up reading when yous were all argueing. Yeah when we create our own team how many players max will be in the squad?

TripleM

Juniors
Quoting from the FAQ:

"
Is there a limit for how many players/teams in a team/competition/player lists?
Maximum of 32 teams in a competition. Maximum of 40 players per team, and obviously they need a minimum of 17. You will be able to save over 200 created players, but how much space this takes up is unknown. Obviously you'll be able to do more saving on PC than XBOX/PS2. "

NPK

Bench
Could someone please answer the below questions if you know the answers..I posted it before but didn't get a useful answer,

Cheers.

NPK said:
Game sounds great! I have some questions that I don't think have been asked yet. Hope they don't sound too pedantic :)

1. In the demo, when the defensive team was chasing a player who had made a break, there were often 3 or 4 players chasing in single file and the faster players ran through their teammates which looked odd. Has this been changed? ie: defenders running beside each other to prevent a pass.

2. I know the players have a tackling rating, but does this depend on who they are tackling? eg. Is it possible in the game for Chris Walker to flatten Petero Civoneceva in a one-on-one dominant tackle, which would never happen in real life?

3. Will the AI show some urgency on the 5th tackle (or the last minute if they are down by only a few points) and kick it or desperately pass it wide to try to score, rather than do a hit-up?

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Will Keith Galoway (sharks) be in the game? (im not sure when his debut was) ?

PS I got big plans for Keith like REPRESENTING AUSTRALIA :idea: ;-)

Matta

Juniors
NPK said:
Could someone please answer the below questions if you know the answers..I posted it before but didn't get a useful answer,

Cheers.

NPK said:
Game sounds great! I have some questions that I don't think have been asked yet. Hope they don't sound too pedantic :)

1. In the demo, when the defensive team was chasing a player who had made a break, there were often 3 or 4 players chasing in single file and the faster players ran through their teammates which looked odd. Has this been changed? ie: defenders running beside each other to prevent a pass.

2. I know the players have a tackling rating, but does this depend on who they are tackling? eg. Is it possible in the game for Chris Walker to flatten Petero Civoneceva in a one-on-one dominant tackle, which would never happen in real life?

3. Will the AI show some urgency on the 5th tackle (or the last minute if they are down by only a few points) and kick it or desperately pass it wide to try to score, rather than do a hit-up?

1. Yeah its been changed, as you can tell in the SOO screenie:
5.JPG

You can see Mick Crocker going wider and they're not in a real straight line. I reckon Ikin could move in a bit.

2. Yeah, stronger players are more dominant over lighter players, and it will be harder for a lighter player to tackle some that's heavier.

3. I guess so.

Moffo

Referee
i must say that just looking at that, im impressed with the detail that has gone into placing the logos on the field. Looks really good

Cheers,
Moffo

Forum Idiot

Bench
Shaun said:
WILL SOMEONE TELL ME IF KEITH GALLOWAY IS IN THE GAME OR NOT!?!?! :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x
no-one except mario knows that! stop being an angry shit! and because mario is the only one who knows that must mean that you are yelling at him! and that is noty tolerated! moffo, kill him!

Moffo

Referee
Shaun said:
WILL SOMEONE TELL ME IF KEITH GALLOWAY IS IN THE GAME OR NOT!?!?! :evil: :evil: :evil: :x :x

Mate, ill have to wait for Mario to answer that one. Depends on when he deubted. I was under the impression that all players up until the start of August were in the game. But dont get your hopes up, i still believe a bit of discretion was used in relation to deciding who was in/not in the game

Cheers,
Moffo

Latest posts