What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah and thoughts on him...

From the 'Danny Weidler baseless sensationalism/gutter journalism thread' within NRL Media Watch

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=101454&page=67

Weidler trying to browbeat Pat Richards at a fund raising barbecue, is it any wonder players hate the f**king cretin

This prick is Channel Nine's #1 interviewer . . . what does that tell you

Agree with you 100%! I cannot stand how he tries to coax answers from players and get the responses he wants to create a good story! Then when players have a go at him he comes up with the stupid line "just doing my job". Rubbish! Since when does doing your job involve harassing players and making up rumors! Didn't the Bulldogs at one stage ban him from club premises'? More clubs should follow their lead!

souths_pride

Juniors
From the 'Danny Weidler baseless sensationalism/gutter journalism thread' within NRL Media Watch

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showthread.php?t=101454&page=67

Your missing my point if you trying to make me out to be a hypocrite! My issue with Farah has got nothing to do with the rumors themselves. Whether or not they are true, that's another matter. My criticism of Farah has got to with the way he handles the media and the 'gutter journalism'! Every time there is an incident he goes off like a firecracker which just aggravates the situation. As for Danny Weidler - I stand by what I said in that post! Whats your point?

God-King Dean

Immortal
Thats a fair call! I wonder if Robbie has had any training on how to handle the media because he really needs it. I'm not trying to bag the guy off - its an honest critique of a flaw in his personality! I think he takes things too personally! He needs to learn about how the media operate and that by going off like a firecracker is only going to aggravate the situation!

I don't think Farah has lost credibility in that people believe him to be a liar. No one knows the exact truth as to the Tallis-Farah conversation 15 months ago so it hard to brand either one a liar. For all we know, Farah (who is a bit of a hot head) may have made those comments about to Potter but in the heat of the moment after a recent argument at training or something like that! Does that mean he genuinely thinks Potter can't coach? Absolutely not! Everyone has disputes every now and then in their respective jobs but it doesn't mean that they hate their colleague; it could be just to professionals who have a difference of opinion!

The problem with Farah is that he is not necessarily a liar or a backstabber or anything like that but that he can't handle these controversies well. Subsequently, he is under siege by the media and ends up being in a battle with them that he can't win! That's probably why he needs time away from training. His reputation however, won't be tarnished! He will be remembered as a tigers great!

Its these sorts of issues that freak the crap out of the NRL and are behind the NRL wanting to bring in independent directors.

You've got problems mate! If you don't like what I write there's a simple solution. Get your mouse, move the cursor over the edge of the page and scroll down! Trust me, you'll be alot better off! It'll add years to your life and stop you getting involved in meaningless personal battles with me and other posters!

don't sink to madunits idiotic level!

! x 15.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Anyone who thinks Robbie is trying to undermine the integrity of the club is a complete genius.

I've met some idiots in my time but this just takes it to a whole new level.

Whats your point?

All I did was copy and paste 2 comments from the Danny Weidler thread. I thought both comments were true and accurate regarding Weidler.

If you trying to make me out to be a hypocrite!
not at all, I've read your comments and they are fair enough, they are your opinions.

My issue with Farah has got nothing to do with the rumors themselves. Whether or not they are true, that's another matter. My criticism of Farah has got to with the way he handles the media and the 'gutter journalism'!
I agree with you, and believe he should ignore the press unless in the post match press conference. He should also give the Foxtel shows the flick.

Why did I copy them to the Farah thread? Just for the sake of it. I thought they were interesting and related to Farah and journalists.

souths_pride

Juniors
All I did was copy and paste 2 comments from the Danny Weidler thread. I thought both comments were true and accurate regarding Weidler.

not at all, I've read your comments and they are fair enough, they are your opinions.

I agree with you, and believe he should ignore the press unless in the post match press conference. He should also give the Foxtel shows the flick.

Why did I copy them to the Farah thread? Just for the sake of it. I thought they were interesting and related to Farah and journalists.

My apologies!

Eddie Lab

Juniors
with how the media has beat this story up for the past week the more I suspect that there isn't much to this story. the story has been done to death but still getting 4+ stories a day.

Tiger05

First Grade
I suspect that there isn't much to this story

There is no story. There is one idiot named Tallis who has outright lied and showed that he has no integrity. Robbie has gotten too worked up but I can understand his position. There are also a bunch of idiots who have used this opportunity to have a cry about Robbie for no reason.

Last edited:

Matchball

Bench
Robbie is the one that dragged this story out longer by sooking into the next week, missing training.
Story was dead Sunday afternoon but someone got their feelings hurt.

I love that he plays for my team but the guy has some issues.

Latest posts