What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah and thoughts on him...

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rumours floating about that its Mayer.

Given the press last week, i would've thought it was Payten.

You really do have to wonder if he is the bloke to take us forward?[/QUOTE]

I must admit the same thought crossed my mind during and after the game.This was the 5th game i have been to this season and it will be the last,what is clear is that the side has regressed rather than improved since the start of the season.
Sure the make up of a side is subject to injuries and cap restraints which limit your chances of winning,but the LACK of a decent game plan,ability,belief,interest,cohesion and execution was evident way before full time was blown last night.:x

Why is it that this club has no dramas f**king off CEO's but we kept the same deadshit coach on for 5 years more than what we should have?

Our captain running across the field away from journalists and out a side gate at Campbelltown last night after not showing for the presser. Are you farkin serious Robbie? Seriously? What a leader.

Yes it wasn't a good look,Farah shouldn't be running from the media when he is our captain,he should just man up,be proud and brush them if he wants nothing to due with them.Most of the media are turds anyway with little or no credibility,i couldn't imagine Smith acting this way.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Farah wasn't expected to front the media.

As for him running through a hole in the fence into a nearby car...please, what sort of drivel is that.

I'm sure he would've left in a normal manner like everyone else, but making it sound like he was running away in fear sells more papers.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Farah the hypocrite. Last week he was having a sook about Tallis releasing information from a private convo they had and now he's releasing texts from the club. :lol:

macnaz

Staff member

As for him running through a hole in the fence into a nearby car...please, what sort of drivel is that.

I'm sure he would've left in a normal manner like everyone else, but making it sound like he was running away in fear sells more papers.

He didnt leave like everyone else . He left early.. and ran/jogged ( they didnt show all that footage ) across the field to a side exit... The media would have loved filming it , playing right into their hands.

Last edited:

macnaz

Staff member
Farah the hypocrite. Last week he was having a sook about Tallis releasing information from a private convo they had and now he's releasing texts from the club. :lol:

Just seen the txt ... big f**king deal , the txt from Mayer was hardly damming or sinister and was merely posted to prove he was excused from the press conference.

WT Unity

Juniors
Robbie tweeted a text from the club PR guy - para-phrasing...."Robbie to make things easier on you we'll let Keith front the post match presser as it's his 150th." The text from the PR guy was sent at 1:50pm on the day of the game. (The article is in the Telegraph)

I'm OK with that, however, IMO Robbie would've been better off leaving the ground in the normal manner...so what if there were reporters / media looking to put more questions to him. He has the option of not answering...a polite "no comment guys" or "we're disappointed in tonight's result and we're looking to get things back on track next week" is all it takes.

Leaving by crossing the playing field then via a side gate, whether running, jogging, walking or commando crawling...it makes no difference...As the skipper and should not let it look like he is rattled. Those young players need him to show leadership and solidarity. Although it appears solidarity is sadly lacking throughout the club from top to bottom!

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
The leak ain't mayer

The leak is coming from a buff haired turd who should be telling you when a low pressure system will be passing through Oberon at 900 hectapascals

Prick

gronkathon

First Grade
It was either leave towards the athletics track and have that image or face the scrum of 6 TV cameras waiting just for Robbie's walk to his car.

Either way it would have been a press beat up so I am fine with what he did

The leak ain't mayer

The leak is coming from a buff haired turd who should be telling you when a low pressure system will be passing through Oberon at 900 hectapascals

Prick

It's not as interesting leaking a weather report. I agree with you though that the bloke is a merkin.

Matchball

Bench
My first thoughts were the weatherman.
He is the biggest magpie drumbeater on the board and never supported Potter from the get go.
Remember his recommendations for coach? Georgalis ffs.

What is it with these factions,seriously do they actually think that the old Magpies or Tigers clubs have a chance of being resurrected as a single entity back into the NRL at the WT expense,f**king dreaming and delusional if that is the case.

He wasnt expected to front it but as captain he should have fronted regardless and told the media he was there to talk about the game only.

Holes in fences....waiting cars....I never mentioned that. Read my comments more carefully if you choose to criticise my 'drivel'.

And, no, he didnt leave the ground like everyone else.

Check the footage then come back and comment when you are a bit better informed.

This is hardly going to end with The Footy Show interview on Thursday.

Almost two weeks already while Farah drags this on.

Farah and Mayer have been enormous for this club.

Keep a 30 year old Farah or a proven first class administrator......
Thinking someone has to go...

Latest posts