What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah gets Smiths Jersey!

Johns Magic

Referee
Isn't that what I said? When Farah leaves hooker... we look abysmal? Where as when Smith or Ennis leaves the 9, the change is barely noticeable?

Can someone make it any simpler for this imbo?

No it's not what you said.

You said you guys sucked because you missed Farah at 9.

I said you guys sucked because Farah was so sh*t at halfback.

Put Moltzen at halfback and keep Fulton at 9 with Farah out and you guys still win that easily.

Following now genius?

westie

Bench
I felt bad when I called you an imbo. I still feel bad, just this time for not coming up with something harsher.

We've had inept halves all year, including Moltzen who does nothing except run off other ball players (including Chris Heighington at one stage, which goes to show how little we have on our right side). Why would Farah doing nothing all game be different to Lui, Lazurus, Moltzen, Fitzhenry, Fulton et al doing nothing all game? He couldn't be any worse than those blokes who didn't do anything so... what else went wrong?

That was the only game all year where we haven't had direction and haven't looked likely in attack. Even the games we've lost through lack of a forward pack or poor game plan or whatever, we've still looked likely in good field position. None of that was instigated by the blokes I mentioned before, apart from the odd kick, so what changed?

If you still haven't got the picture, I'll go into a bit more detail. Our halfback doesn't have a standard role in our side, other than dishing the ball to Benji on the left. We've completely lacked a right side, and I challenge you to come up with any of our half backs this year who have done anything more than just pass left and throw in a kick. Moltzen played a bit of a fullback style role too, but was only effective once we were already doing well.

Farah passed left and kicked at a higher standard than any of the others... yet we still sucked much much harder than at any time this year.

He is CRUCIAL to our side, because of what he does out of dummy half. He is the absolute lynch pin, something that can not be said of the other two contenders. Obviously they are both key players, but if either side lost those blokes you wouldn't really change their odds of winning that week. With WT, we're virtually a write-off. He does more than the standard pass, kick, tackle and run when markers are caught that the other two do.

Johns Magic

Referee
I felt bad when I called you an imbo. I still feel bad, just this time for not coming up with something harsher.

We've had inept halves all year, including Moltzen who does nothing except run off other ball players (including Chris Heighington at one stage, which goes to show how little we have on our right side). Why would Farah doing nothing all game be different to Lui, Lazurus, Moltzen, Fitzhenry, Fulton et al doing nothing all game? He couldn't be any worse than those blokes who didn't do anything so... what else went wrong?

Because all those other players realise they're not halves and just distributed to Benji to do all the magic and it worked. Farah is a stupid f**king gloryhog who tried to take over the playmaking and put in stupid kicks and last-tackle options and took the ball away from Benji. That's the first game all year the halfback has touched the ball more than Benji, and because of Farah's primadonna hogging you guys looked hopeless in attack.

That was the only game all year where we haven't had direction and haven't looked likely in attack. Even the games we've lost through lack of a forward pack or poor game plan or whatever, we've still looked likely in good field position. None of that was instigated by the blokes I mentioned before, apart from the odd kick, so what changed?

That just backs up my argument. Thanks.

If you still haven't got the picture, I'll go into a bit more detail. Our halfback doesn't have a standard role in our side, other than dishing the ball to Benji on the left. We've completely lacked a right side, and I challenge you to come up with any of our half backs this year who have done anything more than just pass left and throw in a kick. Moltzen played a bit of a fullback style role too, but was only effective once we were already doing well.

So Farah took it upon himself to change the way the side plays to suit himself and it made the side worse? That's not like him...

Farah passed left and kicked at a higher standard than any of the others... yet we still sucked much much harder than at any time this year.

Hahaha. Everyone has been bagging Farah for how he played on Sunday you biased f**k, don't try and talk up that abortion of a peformance.

He is CRUCIAL to our side, because of what he does out of dummy half. He is the absolute lynch pin, something that can not be said of the other two contenders. Obviously they are both key players, but if either side lost those blokes you wouldn't really change their odds of winning that week. With WT, we're virtually a write-off. He does more than the standard pass, kick, tackle and run when markers are caught that the other two do.

Yeah you might want to go watch how the Storm did in the 08 final series when Cam Smith got suspended. A 40-0 drubbing in the grand-final if you don't remember.

But seriously, good post from you.

Last edited:

westie

Bench
That is the single worst post I've ever seen on here. Not once did you analyse his performance or his importance to our side. Come back when you've had a think about it.

I did watch the '08 grand final. I also watched the '08 semi finals series and was incredibly disappointed when Melbourne snatched the game against Brisbane. It was painfully obvious they'd run out of puff, which was later admitted by Bellamy and the rest of the side, and resulted in improved pre-seasons, especially this year with the WCC.

If you think Smith was the key for, amongst other things, Robertson's ability to beat the cover defenders to the corner you're having an absolute laugh. Smith is never involved in the wide defence where Manly did the damage (as they did this year when Smith played). If you didn't see that Melbourne played their GF the week before, you're probably one of those blokes that thought Parra would start the year well.

westie

Bench
I've just read your post again and seriously can't believe that you can't comprehend the role of a dummy half these days. Though it does give an indication of your connection with players you wouldn't have an ounce of time for without the media praise.

Farah runs our side from dummy half. Do you understand this?

There's a reason why he almost left until he was assured he wouldn't move, and there was a reason why he was blowing up at old man Sheens this week.

Johns Magic

Referee
That is the single worst post I've ever seen on here. Not once did you analyse his performance or his importance to our side. Come back when you've had a think about it.

How many times have I said he was sh*t. There's not much more to analyse, he ran sideways before passing the ball, the whole backline was stunted as a result, and his kicks when you were attacking the opposition line went sailing over the dead ball line. He took the ball away from Benji and tried to play like he was Jonathan Thurston or something without realising he's hopeless and forgetting that he had someone like Benji being starved outside him.

I did watch the '08 grand final. I also watched the '08 semi finals series and was incredibly disappointed when Melbourne snatched the game against Brisbane. It was painfully obvious they'd run out of puff, which was later admitted by Bellamy and the rest of the side, and resulted in improved pre-seasons, especially this year with the WCC.

Yeah that was it, they were tired :lol:

If you think Smith was the key for, amongst other things, Robertson's ability to beat the cover defenders to the corner you're having an absolute laugh. Smith is never involved in the wide defence where Manly did the damage (as they did this year when Smith played).

That is the single worst post ever. You're an idiot, not even gonna bother with it.

If you didn't see that Melbourne played their GF the week before, you're probably one of those blokes that thought Parra would start the year well.

Two totally related things, you just keep getting more geniused.

I'll end this discussion by laughing in your face because the selectors refused to pick Farah in a rep team again and here you are crying again. Enjoy.

:lol:

Noa

First Grade

If you think Smith was the key for, amongst other things, Robertson's ability to beat the cover defenders to the corner you're having an absolute laugh. Smith is never involved in the wide defence where Manly did the damage (as they did this year when Smith played). If you didn't see that Melbourne played their GF the week before, you're probably one of those blokes that thought Parra would start the year well.

Nah it was pretty good.

The fact you cant see how important Cam is to the team shows your lack nouse.

And the fact the when Can plays Rep football and sticks the old ego in the backpocket so as the team can function better just shows the consumate team player he is.

Something Farah has so far shown he is incapable of.

Nah it was pretty good.

The fact you cant see how important Cam is to the team shows your lack nouse.

And the fact the when Can plays Rep football and sticks the old ego in the backpocket so as the team can function better just shows the consumate team player he is.

Something Farah has so far shown he is incapable of.

Don't bother arguing with Westie, he has his pet players (who he'll defend to the bitter end), and his players he hates (and always will). He can tell you why Daniel Fitzhenry and Ben Jeffries are good players.

On your post, I agree with the bolded part 110%. Farah's game is generally based around him being the main man. He can get away with it at club level, but he's not good enough to get away with it at rep level. I have no doubt if he modified his game accordingly, he would handle rep level.

typicalfan

Coach

Shows how much you watched that game. Manly won because they destroyed the Storm in the middle of the ruck, remember the game was still in the balance at halftime. Cameron Smith at the time along with Dallas Johnson were the key players controlling the middle of the ruck in defense and Cameron Smith is the key player in isolating markers and creating space for his forwards in attack. This is why Brent Kite got the Clive Churchill medal because he took advantage of the situation better than anyone.

Please tell me you are just having a lend and you can actually see how controlling the ruck can give you opportunities out wide because if you can't you should learn. It would be in the early chapters of NRL for dummies certainly.

Latest posts