What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah or Ennis II

dinko

Juniors
All this "suited to origin" talk is beyond me, Last night was further proof that Bellayche has NFI. The Dogs made a total of 380 tackles of which Ennis was responsible for 30 tackles and had 5 missed tackles on the other hand the Tigers made a combined tally of 330 tackles of which Farah was responsible for 48 tackles and missed a measly 5. Ennis in actual essence is nothing but a grub who spoke himself up for the position and garnered support through the Bulldogs supporters group. Might i add that Farah scored a try last night and did not go over the top like Ennis did when these sides first met. Farah is a true professional/captain i could only hope the selectors get it right this time and select Farah at 9 and captain and dispel any talk of this myth known as Ennis in the future.

Ladmate

Bench
All this "suited to origin" talk is beyond me, Last night was further proof that Bellayche has NFI. The Dogs made a total of 380 tackles of which Ennis was responsible for 30 tackles and had 5 missed tackles on the other hand the Tigers made a combined tally of 330 tackles of which Farah was responsible for 48 tackles and missed a measly 5. Ennis in actual essence is nothing but a grub who spoke himself up for the position and garnered support through the Bulldogs supporters group. Might i add that Farah scored a try last night and did not go over the top like Ennis did when these sides first met. Farah is a true professional/captain i could only hope the selectors get it right this time and select Farah at 9 and captain and dispel any talk of this myth known as Ennis in the future.

I'll have Jeff Robson before Ennis, so definetely Farah.

To Ennis lovers - What can Ennis do that Jeff Robson can't?

(Expecting - "you're an idiot", while not answering my question because they can't)

Charlie124

First Grade
Winning State of Origin games Ennis has been a part of - 1
Losing State of Origin games Farah has been a part of - 2

Winning State of Origin games Ennis has been a part of - 1
Losing State of Origin games Farah has been a part of - 2

Average IQ - 100 odd
Charlie124's IQ - 50 odd

You do realise there are 16 other players on the field, Farah was one of the last reasons why NSW lost and vice versa for Ennis and winning.

Joker's Wild

Coach

So they both missed 5 and Farah is part of a pack that is so lopsided that the hooker has to make up more of the defencive work load

Seriously, Tigers fans come across so petty when they attack Ennis just to pump up Robbies cause for Origin.

Farah "didnt go over the top like Ennis when he scored" FMD mate, its that sort of passion and fire that gets Mick there with the selectors and is exactly what the NSW side needs more of. Robbie could use a little more emotion in his game

Ladmate

Bench
So they both missed 5 and Farah is part of a pack that is so lopsided that the hooker has to make up more of the defencive work load

Seriously, Tigers fans come across so petty when they attack Ennis just to pump up Robbies cause for Origin.

Farah "didnt go over the top like Ennis when he scored" FMD mate, its that sort of passion and fire that gets Mick there with the selectors and is exactly what the NSW side needs more of. Robbie could use a little more emotion in his game

No wonder we keep losing.

Hardly a lopsided pack, guys like Ellis, Heighington, Gibbs, Payten, Flanagan all having tackle counts in the 30s. Actually, what's quite lopsided is that the poor Bulldogs packs and players who go missing in defence (such as Ennis) forced their halfback and smallest player on the field to make 36 tackles and at the same time heap it all on a player like Stagg who made near 60.

On a side note... It actually quite annoys me that Tigers fans immediately classed as Robbie lovers and Ennis haters.

I just want to know why Ennis is rated so highly, from what I've seen of him and statistical evidence, he just doesn't stand out next to the average hooker. Guys like Ballin, Kingston, Friend and the less heralded hookers and consistently out performing him, yet Ennis is always thrown up as the 2nd best in the league. Hardly anyone gives a reason other than Ennis fluking a win in a dominant team in origin and Farah losing twice in a rubbish team.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Despite passion and emotion being important traits, I still don't find it enough for him to warrant a spot amongst the top 5 hookers or so in the league.
When it comes to Origin footy, I have to disagree with you

As do the selectors and 90% of the fans on these fine forums

When it comes to Origin footy, I have to disagree with you

As do the selectors and 90% of the fans on these fine forums

My arguments not based on origin solely, it's also at the club level.

Personally, whilst to this it may come across as bias, I think what Farah lacks in terms of niggle, mongrel and on field emotion, he more than makes up as a leader and player in both in attack and defence over Ennis.

I certainly know I wouldn't be backing Ennis if I were a Doggies fan, despite his niggle and mongrel, let me put it that way.