What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah or Ennis II

ANTiLAG

First Grade
Who cares who you pick at hooker?

Ennis good player.

Farrah good player.

Smith: better.

This debate is boring as hell. Its like Ford (Ennis) or Holden (Farah) debate when really you want a Mercedes (Smith).

Luke Priddis deserved a far greater rep career than he got - one of the best hookers in the last decade and a proven big game player. Neither of these two you constantly whine on about are even in his league when he had to sit behind Beduerus and Joey.

Move on.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
I'm a Tigers fan and even I find it annoying. Farah was poor especially in game two, so he rightfully has to wait his turn again. FWIW I would have both of them in the side, Ennis to start and Farah off the bench after 25 or so against a tiring pack.

However when people sprout crap such as "Ennis is a better defender" is annoys me. It is simply untrue. Ennis has the lowest tackle count out on any hooker in the comp and still misses a lot more than he should.

I also think Farah's style has made a lot of people think he isn't tough. He is far better defensively than Ennis and he showed last year that he can dish it out when need be (belting that spastic grub Watts against the Cowboys).

MacDougall

First Grade
I really don't mind Ennis over Farah.

It's Idris, Cooper and Tahu over Jennings, Josh Morris and Chris Lawrence that irks me.

Though in saying that I'd like to hear actual real reasons as to why Ennis deserves his spot.

"Because he won in a dead rubber" and "Because he seems to care about the game" are stupid reasons.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
What about Morris? Great game again tonight he destroyed the Roosters. Hes got all the characteristics of an origin hooker. Wont over play his hand but will inject himself at the right times.

What about Morris? Great game again tonight he destroyed the Roosters. Hes got all the characteristics of an origin hooker. Wont over play his hand but will inject himself at the right times.

It's awkward having John Morris come up in a Farah convo. lol. Honestly, he'd be the same as Ennis just with improved defence and maybe slightly worsened tempo.

Seriously, I still think Luke Priddis is a good bet. I think he should be the hooker, comparable to Farah in defence, maybe not as skillful, but has experience and can adapt a lot better.

andrew057

First Grade

Good call BBSF. Hes been in some fantastic form. I think hes definitely the next best after Ennis. So if theres an injury he should be next to come into the team I reckon.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
John Morris would actually be a good fit with the rest of the spastics: Bozo Fulton, Daley, McCarthy, Idris, White, Perry, Gidley etc.

gronkathon

First Grade
Don't care which hooker they pick.

How about picking forwards who can do the job rather than Ben Creagh who must give the panel great head to be there

Direct

Juniors
John Morris has a better kicking game, gives better service around the ruck and is much better defensively than Micheal Ennis. John Morris as Blues hooker isn't such a bad idea, particularly if they pick the rest of the Sharks pack around him.

MacDougall

First Grade
If John Morris plays NSW hooker ahead of Farah I wouldn't be surprised to see Robbie commit suicide.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I really don't mind Ennis over Farah.

It's Idris, Cooper and Tahu over Jennings, Josh Morris and Chris Lawrence that irks me.

Though in saying that I'd like to hear actual real reasons as to why Ennis deserves his spot.

"Because he won in a dead rubber" and "Because he seems to care about the game" are stupid reasons.

I don't like Ennis. I think Farah is a much more skillful hooker.

But, I actually understand the decision of Ennis over Farah in Origin. Ennis is more direct and straight-forward. His style of play is, for better or worse, better suited to slotting into a strange team that has little time to gel and practice.

If selected in a team consistently with a more or less consistent halves pairing, then I have no doubt that Farah would ultimately be far superior. Sadly, that's not how the NSW selectors go about it.

They pick a team like you'd pick a team of mercenaries ... as such, the more mercenary player (who has swung from team to team in not too long a career) is a better fit.

That's my take.

But even more than that ... Farah lost his spot. Ennis has yet to lose his.

MacDougall

First Grade
I don't like Ennis. I think Farah is a much more skillful hooker.

But, I actually understand the decision of Ennis over Farah in Origin. Ennis is more direct and straight-forward. His style of play is, for better or worse, better suited to slotting into a strange team that has little time to gel and practice.

If selected in a team consistently with a more or less consistent halves pairing, then I have no doubt that Farah would ultimately be far superior. Sadly, that's not how the NSW selectors go about it.

They pick a team like you'd pick a team of mercenaries ... as such, the more mercenary player (who has swung from team to team in not too long a career) is a better fit.

That's my take.

But even more than that ... Farah lost his spot. Ennis has yet to lose his.

This. Makes sense.

Vic Mackey

Referee
It's a shame tigers fans went so nuts over farah, it has made other teams supporters hate him and now now judge him unfairly.

Farah is by far the better player, however his origin 2 last year was shocking and IMO he hasn't played well enough to earn it back.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
It's a shame tigers fans went so nuts over farah, it has made other teams supporters hate him and now now judge him unfairly.

Farah is by far the better player, however his origin 2 last year was shocking and IMO he hasn't played well enough to earn it back.

Last few weeks he has been much better, but yep, I agree.