What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farah's anger

Grishnakh

Juniors
Don't know whether this has been discussed elsewhere...

Do you reckon Farah was looking for an excuse to show his stink credentials after "made for Origin" Ennis covered himself with glory the other night?

I wouldn't be surprised, especially if Friend was stupid enough to remind Farah that he hadn't been picked.

mrpwnd

Bench
Cmon, take it from his perspective, he missed an entire series for a bloke that's just pure grub.

simmo1

First Grade
Never seen Farah back down from a fight the way Ennis did the other night. Last year Watts got him with a cheap shot, and in the next scrum Farah unloaded on the merkin.

Also doesn't stay down when hit high to get a penalty, as evidenced last night, unlike the NSW 'tough as nails' hooker.

Has played through injury on numerous occaisons throughout his career, even when doctors f**k up the needles.

To those who have seen him play throughout his career, his toughness was never in question. He didn't need to prove anything imo.

Balmain Bug

Juniors
Farah is the best hooker i have ever seen. Ennis is not even in the top ten hookers in the nrl in 2010.

Grishnakh

Juniors
I didn't want to start up another Farah v Ennis thread (even us Tigers fans have just about had enough of that). I was just commenting on Robbie's psychologoy going into the game. He's copped constant (ignorant, in my view) criticism about not being as tough as Eenis and then lost his spot to the prick, and wasn't able to win it back despite being in fantastic form. I'd be fahkin livid, in his shoes, and then Eenis makes a total arse of himself and cowers away from a stink that he himself had started. Robbie may well have been looking for an opportunity to show everyone he won't back away from a stink if he puts one on, and can't say as I blame him.

Just another way of showing how he's different (and better).

timka4

Bench
I didn't want to start up another Farah v Ennis thread (even us Tigers fans have just about had enough of that). I was just commenting on Robbie's psychologoy going into the game. He's copped constant (ignorant, in my view) criticism about not being as tough as Eenis and then lost his spot to the prick, and wasn't able to win it back despite being in fantastic form. I'd be fahkin livid, in his shoes, and then Eenis makes a total arse of himself and cowers away from a stink that he himself had started. Robbie may well have been looking for an opportunity to show everyone he won't back away from a stink if he puts one on, and can't say as I blame him.

Just another way of showing how he's different (and better).

Oh well I'm sure he might feel a little relieved knowing he will have next years hooker spot. Unless the old selectors chuck Gidley in there

Grishnakh

Juniors
I wouldn't be so sure that Farah's been pencilled in just yet (far too early in any case). He's been ripped off in the past - was in far better form than Buderus in the last year or two DB's tenure, but no-one would have begrudged DB his selection because of past service. Farah probably copped that and saw it as paying his dues and should reasonably have expected an extended run in the team when he was finally picked after being the heir apparent since 2005. Then fahkin Eenis comes out of nowhere as a media created myth and Robbie loses his place at exactly the time the selectors should have showed faith in him. Qld would have.

It would not have been a smart move to go into a scrum and remind him of all that.

The tragedy is, if the selectors aren't given the arse, there's every chance those Eenis-gobbling wankers will pick the prick again.

mozza91

Coach
I wouldn't be so sure that Farah's been pencilled in just yet (far too early in any case). He's been ripped off in the past - was in far better form than Buderus in the last year or two DB's tenure, but no-one would have begrudged DB his selection because of past service. Farah probably copped that and saw it as paying his dues and should reasonably have expected an extended run in the team when he was finally picked after being the heir apparent since 2005. Then fahkin Eenis comes out of nowhere as a media created myth and Robbie loses his place at exactly the time the selectors should have showed faith in him. Qld would have.

It would not have been a smart move to go into a scrum and remind him of all that.

The tragedy is, if the selectors aren't given the arse, there's every chance those Eenis-gobbling wankers will pick the prick again.
Yeah because Farah should be a certain starter after his steller efforts last year, neither Ennis or king Robbie are fit to lace Bedsy's boots.

Grishnakh

Juniors
I'm not questioning Buderus's quality (far from it). All I'm saying is that Farah was playing well for a long time as his heir apparent. Should have won the Dally M in (I think) the 2nd last year of DB's reign and was Dally M hooker of the year. The selectors stayed with Buderus and they were probably right to do so because of how well he'd done in the past. My point is: players need to step up to the next level to grow into great players. Buderus was given time to become a great player and his greatness then kept him in the team for an extra year or two when Farah by any standard was the best hooker in the league. When it came to be Farah's turn, the selectors should have given him the extended run that his "apprenticeship" deserved. If the selectors had reassured Farah after his bad game by picking him again (as Qld would have done), I've no doubt he would started to play for NSW with the dominance that he does week in week out for the Tigers.

The fault is entirely that of the selectors. Eenis can't help being a useless, arse-licking cat, so don't blame him.

gronkathon

First Grade
If the selectors had half a brain they would have blooded Farah from the bench under Buderus as a semi apprentership to Origin football. But in typical NSW selectors fashion we they just wait for someone to retire and throw someone in the deep end.

I am sure Mullen and Pearce will tell the story of how they got rail roaded after the retirement of Joey.

Back on topic I think it just happened. Friend and Prince wanted to get a reaction with their niggling and got one even though Minicello meant it backfired. Converesly the legal but late hit on Prince meant that he was too sh*t scared to take on the line for the rest of the evening and this nullified him as a force barring one grubber

I wouldn't be surprised, especially if Friend was stupid enough to remind Farah that he hadn't been picked.

Farah could just tell Friend, "Yeah, I wasn't picked, but I'm still good enough for your club to offer me (insert value of offer here), so they must really rate you"

Bluebag

Juniors
Last year when Farah played SOO he missed crucial tackles that led to tries and was found out overall, QLD have the best hookers anyway. I am not a Ennes fan either.

Gippsy

Bench
Farah is one of the players NSW should be building their team around for the next 5-6 years.

Ennis is ordinary, and after the last game should be stamped never to play SOO again.

Grishnakh

Juniors
Last year when Farah played SOO he missed crucial tackles that led to tries and was found out overall, QLD have the best hookers anyway. I am not a Ennes fan either.

Farah missed tackles in game 2 when he had busted ribs and shouldn't have played. The only reason (I reckon) he played was because of the Eenis-backers constantly saying he wasn't tough enough. He was on a hiding to nothing. If he played he was gonna get targeted (and he was) and if he didn't then the doubters would have said that just proved he wasn't tough enough. He was still second in the tackle count that night. If he was a queenslander, they would have somehow turned that into a legend and totally pumped him up. But he's not a queenslander...he plays for NSW where the selectors have personal agendas rather than the Blues uppermost in their minds.

I reckon all of this went through Farah's mind in the half second before he snotted Friend.

Latest posts