What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farrah v Ennis

watatank

Coach
While I think Ennis' performance was overrated (still solid, though) Ennis' passing game alone was much better than what Farah provided all series tbh and that was the main difference

mepelthwack

Juniors
Farah always was and always will be a better player than Ennis.

Will that matter when the team is selected?

Of course not.

Joe's Magpies

Juniors
Ennis did nothing what so ever. As usual he is riding on other people's coat tails.

Farah is a better player by a country mile.

Ennis didn't do shi1. Big disappointment. The #9 for NSW was there for the taking for years to come and in a winning side, but he did sh1t all to stand out from Farrah.

ed612313

Juniors
You have to be kidding???
Ennis held his own last night but Farah is so much more skillful.
Ennis can kick goals and niggles more - thats it. Farah is better in every other aspect.
If Farah was playing last night he would have killed it. It was the 1st game our forwards gave us any room to go with.
I didnt even notice Ennis last night and thought we were better off with wing on the field

Blind Freddy

Juniors
If Farah had a forward pack that played like that last night and a set of halves that performed besides him, he would have played better or at least make him look better.

He is still a better player than Ennis and needs to fix a few thing for games at SOO level, but all he needed is his team mates around him to perform, so he can craft some plays on the back of that momentum.

ouwet

Bench
Ennis did nothing what so ever. As usual he is riding on other people's coat tails.

Farah is a better player by a country mile.

You guys really don't understand origin! Ennis did the job asked of him... Origin is NOT for the fancy players, it's for the tough players! Farah's tricks at NRL has no place in origin (As shown in the 1st two games), Farah's passing game out of dummy half is shocking (As shown by his passes in Origin 2 and Lockyers try). Ennis plays direct and did the job asked of him and therefore deserves to keep his position!

Farah as shown by the Tigers hasn't been consistent since 2005; he's still riding that wave!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
You guys really don't understand origin! Ennis did the job asked of him... Origin is NOT for the fancy players, it's for the tough players! Farah's tricks at NRL has no place in origin (As shown in the 1st two games), Farah's passing game out of dummy half is shocking (As shown by his passes in Origin 2 and Lockyers try). Ennis plays direct and did the job asked of him and therefore deserves to keep his position!

Farah as shown by the Tigers hasn't been consistent since 2005; he's still riding that wave!

Ennis' game last night was no better or worse than Farah's in Game 1. Solid, if unspectacular.

Farah had a shocker in game 2 and was dreadful and with Kimmorley getting picked, Ennis deserved a chance. I wouldn't say he's taken it with open arms though, it's still pretty open and Farah is too good of a player not to be given another go.

I would love to see Farah play Origin behind a forward pack that goes forward, like the Blues forwards did last night. That didn't happen in the first two games. No surprise that it happened with Kite and Bailey not in the side. Also, Barrett and Kimmorley provided direction in the halves, something which also didn't happen in the first two games.

Farah is a better player than Ennis in all areas, better defender as well. Whether or not this will translate into Origin is unknown, but one poor game is not enough evidence to make a judgment.

macnaz

Staff member
So because we won he was better the Farah? His performance was somewhere between Farah in Game 1 and 2 IMO. Didn't really prove he was better or worse.

I think u summed it up perfectly. Johny Morris could have played hooker last night and the result would have been the same. If anything Wing contributed more than both of them.

Packy

Bench
Ennis was much better last night than Farah in both games. Farah was clearly playing injured and may have spoiled his future chances.

macnaz

Staff member
Origin is NOT for the fancy players, it's for the tough players! Farah's tricks at NRL has no place in origin

2 pieces of BS. 1 Farah has always retained form for the tigers and 2. Ben Elias was the fancist hooker to play the game and he reveled in state of origin.

Last edited:

dovif

Juniors
Any hooker can look better when their forward dominates.

I honestly did not even notice Michael Ennis tonight, seriously.

Any hooker can look good when their pack stands up and dominates and unfortunately for Farah in games one and two the forward pack he did didn't stand up

And that comes back to the selectors!! If they had picked this side to begin with instead of cats like bailey and kite, and watmough in game was there. And with Farah there, they win the series.

In Conclusion, NSW are missing the f**k out of Danny Buderus!!!

I Think that is what the hooker is suppose to do, give crisp ball and not get notice, unlike Farrer in game 2, when he threw bad passes and held the ball too long and kicked too much

A good game for a hooker is when you do not notice them

lifesgood

Juniors
So because we won he was better the Farah? His performance was somewhere between Farah in Game 1 and 2 IMO. Didn't really prove he was better or worse.

Very true

But it is so easy to play good when your pack dominates

Farah would of done just as good last night! Even better

lifesgood

Juniors
I Think that is what the hooker is suppose to do, give crisp ball and not get notice, unlike Farrer in game 2, when he threw bad passes and held the ball too long and kicked too much

A good game for a hooker is when you do not notice them

Funny thing to me is that I always notice Cameron Smith and Craig Wing.

I always noticed Danny Buderus

I did notice Farah in game one, Game two he had a shocker, DW next time Ennis plays origin he mgiht have a shocker two sh*t like that happens.

The selectors as soon as someone plays bad they think its ok to drop them

Hmm and NSW wonder why they have lost four in a row?? Loll

Last night hd nothing to do with Ennis performance, any hooker could of played yesterday adn the result would of been the same

Farah is the all round better player, Luckily for NSW, QLD were off their game and the penalties he gave away didnt cos them

macnaz

Staff member
ok Ennis and Farah are off contract, who would be the most sort after and attract the most money ?

legend

Coach
Farah has more finesse no doubt, but he doesn't have the mongrel for Origin footy. Some do, some don't. He doesn't. End of story.