What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farrah v Ennis

dovif

Juniors
Funny thing to me is that I always notice Cameron Smith and Craig Wing.

I always noticed Danny Buderus

I did notice Farah in game one, Game two he had a shocker, DW next time Ennis plays origin he mgiht have a shocker two sh*t like that happens.

The selectors as soon as someone plays bad they think its ok to drop them

Hmm and NSW wonder why they have lost four in a row?? Loll

Last night hd nothing to do with Ennis performance, any hooker could of played yesterday adn the result would of been the same

Farah is the all round better player, Luckily for NSW, QLD were off their game and the penalties he gave away didnt cos them

That depends on what type of hooker you want, I did not notice Smith this year, but he was good, led Queensland around well

I use to notice Buderus ... but that was on defense, and he gave crisp ball which was not always noticed

I used to notice Riddell a lot, because he score tries, but was he ever a great hooker .... no

A hookers role is to deliver balls to the forward when they need it, so the forwards can gets as many meters as possible. One of the reason the NSW pack dominated was that Ennis gave early and crisp balls to the forwards.

In game 1 and 2, Farrer did not give the crisp ball. Often, he picked up the ball, took 2 steps, see if the markers was going to tackle him, and if they were, he dumps it off to the forwards, meanwhile, the forward took the run up, had to stop for Farrer and get a pass and was tackled straight the way.

I read that a lot of people comment that the NSW forward was better last night and Farrer would be better with that pack, but the reason that NSW forward was better last night was that they just roared into the queensland team and did not have to stop to wait for Farrer to give them the ball. That is the reason they were better, they were given better service.

I noticed Farrer a lot in game 1 or 2, most of the time it was the "give the damn ball earlier" variety. Which is not good for a hooker

Yosh

Coach
Honestly speaking Ennis didnt have a standout game but he was definately there last night I didnt see Farah do anything game 1 and 2. You cannot afford to have a passenger hooker in SOO. Wing to start next year that guy is deadly!

simmo1

First Grade
Farah has more finesse no doubt, but he doesn't have the mongrel for Origin footy. Some do, some don't. He doesn't. End of story.

Rubbish.

People can't fault the guy's footy, so they have to have a go at his attitude.

macnaz

Staff member
whats this BS about mongrel and niggle? They are just cop out words used that have no real meaning or bases to be used to determine a players ability to play rugby league. Wing isnt a mongrel yet he was our best hooker, Craigh showed he has NO mongrel what so ever yet he was one of the better forwards. Peter Sterling, Andrew Johns their are a couple more, guess they couldnt handle SOS either.

Johns Magic

Referee
whats this BS about mongrel and niggle? They are just cop out words used that have no real meaning or bases to be used to determine a players ability to play rugby league. Wing isnt a mongrel yet he was our best hooker, Craigh showed he has NO mongrel what so ever yet he was one of the better forwards. Peter Sterling, Andrew Johns their are a couple more, guess they couldnt handle SOS either.

LOL, Creagh doesn't need help bringing people down and Johns was one of the hardest tackling halfbacks in history.

Farah is a boy among men.

Forth & Clyde

Juniors
Ennis is a cat. He got outplayed by Smith. Anyway in game 2 the NSW fowards got smashed. Kite was useless, Poore is useless and Weyman looked like he was carrying an injury. Farah will be there next year no doubt.

tiger_nick

Bench
farah was the only nsw hooker to have a try assist, line break assist and line break all series. in game 1 he was good. it was the best game from a nsw hooker in 4 years. in game 2 farah was terrible, the worst game ive ever seen him play.

wing was fantastic in both of his games. would he have as mich impact if he started? probably not

ennis was sold, gave away 2 stupid penalties and never really tried to threaten qlds line, but still played well.

im sure whoever is in the best form come origin I next year will be picked.

Doggiesfan09

Juniors
You have to be kidding???
Ennis held his own last night but Farah is so much more skillful.
Ennis can kick goals and niggles more - thats it. Farah is better in every other aspect.
If Farah was playing last night he would have killed it. It was the 1st game our forwards gave us any room to go with.
I didnt even notice Ennis last night and thought we were better off with wing on the field

I would definately say Ennis is much better defensively than Farah

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Ennis got the team really going forward. He plays far more direct than Farah and his service was precise and very quick. It is what got the Blues on the front foot in attack and we punched some real holes in the defence on the back of his slick work. Wing did the same thing when he came on.

No one can criticise either of them. Because of them, we got the go forward and momentum we needed.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Ennis is a cat. He got outplayed by Smith. Anyway in game 2 the NSW fowards got smashed. Kite was useless, Poore is useless and Weyman looked like he was carrying an injury. Farah will be there next year no doubt.
Yeah, Ennis is a cat because he tried to get away from 3 Maroons instead of fighting and getting himself binned.. If he had started fighting you'd be calling him a grub.

And why did the forwards in game 1 and 2 get so dominated? Because they got sh*tty service from a show pony number 9.. That's why in game 1 when Wing came on the Blues started building momentum, going forward and scoring points.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Farah is by FAR the better footballer, and at club level is the most dominant of any NSW player in any position.

However at origin level his tactics just didnt seem to work against high quality players, and a more simpler approach that Ennis brings is what NSW needs.

I wouldnt give up on Farah forever, but Ennis deserves to stay for the time being.

Forth & Clyde

Juniors

Thanks for using my sig eldest sibling, now go and organise your own, as challenging as that may be for a teenager

The media were responsible for Ennis landing the job in SOO 3, after a constant campaign of 'he's built for origin'.....'he'll niggle the Queenslanders'....'he's as hard as nails'.....'he's a great sledger'. Is it any wonder that the Alzeheimer's affected selectors picked him ? He made a grand total of 27 metres last night, he made 43% less tackles than Farah did in the previous Origin (18 v 28). I don't remember him kicking the ball in general play once. Oh he was excellent in the 'look at me I'm a hardman' routine, but frankly he's solid at best. He does not have any brilliant, game breaking characteristics, unlike Farah of Smith, in fact Smith, although injured early, played all over him last night. Why is Ennis a media darling ? no idea, but that's Rugby League for you. Reminds me of the treatment that Benny Elias received, when that draft horse Walters was picked ahead of him in Oz teams :?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Games 1 and 2 NSW had a pack of softcocks up against a far more superior Qld pack and Bench.

In Game three, Queensland were without Civoniceva and Hannant. No disrespect to the guys who filled in, but those shoes are massive and can't be filled.

No Hooker can gain any momentum or appear to play well behind a severaly dominated pack. It was even harder when he had 2 halves who were completely ineffective in every aspect. He instantly became the play maker from dummy half, and in Origin, that will not work.

Ultimately The NSW selectors almost got it right. I think Hayne at Fullback, Gidley at five-eighth, Kimmorley at halfback and Farah at Hooker behind a decent pack of forwards would have been good enough to win the series for NSW.

Ennis is devoid of skill and brains. He's just a grub. If he played in Origin 1 instead of Farah, he would have been belted into next week by the Maroons pack.

And the talk about Farah being soft is just crap.

Ennis is not a tough player, he was fortunate to have some meatheads in front of him to look after him when he starts dishing out some lip.

Queensland fans will be more than happy to see Ennis back in 9, I can guarantee you.

typicalfan

Coach
Michael Ennis is the incumbent now and it should be his spot to lose. Robbie has no one to blame but himself.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, Ennis is a cat because he tried to get away from 3 Maroons instead of fighting and getting himself binned.. If he had started fighting you'd be calling him a grub.

And why did the forwards in game 1 and 2 get so dominated? Because they got sh*tty service from a show pony number 9.. That's why in game 1 when Wing came on the Blues started building momentum, going forward and scoring points.
lol, open your eyes dickhead.

They got good enough service, the forwards were unable to bend the line and the Blues halves were completely useless and ineffective.

The Maroons forwards owned the Blues forwards majorly.

The deciding factor last night was Kimmorley, not Ennis.

Ennis did sweet f**k all. Kimmorley was doing all of the work of both the halves on his own, because his forwards finally hardened up and had a f**king go.

Barrett was a waste of space, once again, as per usual.

Kimmorley in form, Blues pack having a dig for a change, injury riddled Maroons, they are the factors why NSW won, nothing else.