What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farrah v Ennis

hybrid_tiger

Coach
NSW dont have time to wait around until little Robbie feels good about himself enough to put in a good game of football, he isnt a special tallent that you have to protect and work on over time, he's very easily replacable.

The thing is, he IS a special talent and I have no doubt he'll be given another chance. He is a great player at club level and has been one of the most consistent performers over the past three or four years, so I would say he is definitely someone who would be worth working with and sticking to.

Some good points made in the last couple of pages in this thread BTW, instead of the usual bone-headed analysis usually found in here.

Charlie124

First Grade
The thing is, he IS a special talent and I have no doubt he'll be given another chance. He is a great player at club level and has been one of the most consistent performers over the past three or four years, so I would say he is definitely someone who would be worth working with and sticking to.

Some good points made in the last couple of pages in this thread BTW, instead of the usual bone-headed analysis usually found in here.

The question i have is why should NSW bother waiting around for him to get his sh*t together when they have a (now) proven big game performer in front of him??

This one might be hard to answer too but would you be flying his flag like this if he wasnt a Tiger?? i doubt it.

Doggiesfan09

Juniors
Thanks, I appreciate the analysis rather than just Farah is sh*t.

I think there's a lot of truth in what you wrote and I'm not so sure it's totally it's totally incongruous with what I've said however. No doubt Ennis' service from dummy half was slicker than Farah's and he had a far better understanding with the forwards. Conversely, Farah badly lacked cohesion and there were times were the forwards overran him because he'd stuttered. I wrote at half time in game 1 that I thought part of the problem was that he is a pretty unconventional hooker - he often takes a few steps from dummyhalf. Our forwards never overrun him or lose their momentum, probably because they're used to adjusting their runs to Farah's service. Perhaps this isn't viable at state of origin level. I've got no doubt he could adjust his game and pass straight from dummy half ala Ennis last night. But then that maybe that nullifies the qualties he would bring to the field.

Anyway, I do differ in your willingness to pin the poor performance of the forwards solely on Farah's back - at least in game 1. You can't deny the Blues were up for the match in a way they haven't been all series. Like I said, the universal comment in the media has been to question where the passion was in previous games.

I agree entirely that Ennis has the jump on Farah for the record. Clearly it's his jumper to lose now. I think it's harsh to write him off completely. I'm sure he learned a lot from the two games he played.

I just believe Origin is not suited to Farah because of the way its played, your only in Camp for a week and its hard to build up combinations with him as he is a unique player with alot of trick shots, i also believe the refs letting the players get away with more also affects him as he has less room to move and the players are always up in his face , i personally believe in origin Farah could be great off the bench in the back end of the game.

Farah is a great player and im sure he will get another shot but Ennis deseves his credit too he has been playing great aswell

Forth & Clyde

Juniors
Why do any of that and put up with his rubbish performances when they have Ennis proving himself right now??

Farah had his shot and blew it, now he'll fade off into the Origin history books as just another guy who couldnt handle the big stage. If NSW havent learned and moved on from the Farah experience, they should have.

When the two states next meet it will be 5 years since NSW has won a series. Now exactly what would make you think NSW could collar the idea of 'learning and moving on' ?

There's some really good observations in this thread, but I think there's only one poster on the Ennis side of the fence that actually presents some sort of informed case. The rest, including you, seem to be of the 'he's crap', 'Ennis is better', 'Farah blew it', 'couldn't handle the big stage'. Crikey it's a contest to see who can squeeze the most cliches into one sentence.

Ah well, looking forward to Leichhardt on Sunday, starting to become clear why you hear so many humourous remarks about thongs, banjos and rednecks when we play FNQ :lol:

ouwet

Bench
'Groundhog Day' then ?, as you wish. Must admit I have never had a discussion where the basis for the opposite view is x > y.........is that the Hezbollah style of debate then ?

Well mate unless you cannot read i'm actually pretty anti-Hezbollah:lol:

And if you've never seen X>>>>Y You haven't really been on this forum before, one of the many things i've picked up from leagueunlimited:lol:

ouwet

Bench
Ah well, looking forward to Leichhardt on Sunday, starting to become clear why you hear so many humourous remarks about thongs, banjos and rednecks when we play FNQ :lol:

You reckon the Tiger's will get more then then pathetic 13K they're averaging there this season? But i thought everyone loves that oval:crazy:

Chook Norris

First Grade
His actions were in fact typical of his performance in the first two SOO's. I'm still gobsmacked that he escaped any criticism in games one and two, yet I'm happy to admit that he was quite impressie last night. Perhaps Bellamy gave him a bottle of 'man up' pills.

Are you serious? Ben Creagh was in the top 3 players in game 1
Game 2 he was average though.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
The question i have is why should NSW bother waiting around for him to get his sh*t together when they have a (now) proven big game performer in front of him??

This one might be hard to answer too but would you be flying his flag like this if he wasnt a Tiger?? i doubt it.

Ennis is not a proven big game performer after one match. That's all.

All I know if that Farah is too good of a player not to be given another chance.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
You reckon the Tiger's will get more then then pathetic 13K they're averaging there this season? But i thought everyone loves that oval:crazy:

Tigers crowds are GREAT considering the position on the ladder they've been for the past few years.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
Ennis and Farah are both great hookers. But with the Tigers at the bottom of the ladder and Bulldogs at the top i know who id go for. Ennis knows how to win. Lets face it, apart from 05 Farah has played in a piss poor team that couldnt win even if the referee put money on them.

Charlie124

First Grade
Ennis is not a proven big game performer after one match. That's all.

All I know if that Farah is too good of a player not to be given another chance.

ahhhhh this is like going in circles!

Why give Farah another chance when he has already failed twice? ESPECIALLY since Ennis succeded in his one and only shot.

hybrid_tiger

Coach

Why give Farah another chance when he has already failed twice? ESPECIALLY since Ennis succeded in his one and only shot.

He failed once, in the second match. Because he is too good of a player not to be given another go and at his best is a much better and far more dangerous player than Ennis, that's why.

mepelthwack

Juniors

He failed once. In SOO1 he almost had 2 try assists (1 try was arguably wrongly disallowed) and topped the Blues forwards tackle count. His first game was a good debut.

About our earlier discussion, not that you'd ever want to watch the game again I know, but Farah easilly could have won the CC medal in the 05 GF.

Forth & Clyde

Juniors
Well mate unless you cannot read i'm actually pretty anti-Hezbollah:lol:

And if you've never seen X>>>>Y You haven't really been on this forum before, one of the many things i've picked up from leagueunlimited:lol:

Yeah sorry dude, it was only meant as a flippant remark, not meaning to offend, I really should have stopped to think about how much grief that particular organisation has caused...:oops:

Forth & Clyde

Juniors

Now your being mischievous, you know as well as I that the Tigers have the second best home crowds of the Sydney teams (16,500) after you know who (17,600).....the one thing you can never accuse us of is being 'fairweathers'............

simmo1

First Grade
There was also the City-Country match where Ennis was completely outplayed by Farah.