What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farrah v Ennis

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
lol, open your eyes dickhead.

They got good enough service, the forwards were unable to bend the line and the Blues halves were completely useless and ineffective.

The Maroons forwards owned the Blues forwards majorly.

The deciding factor last night was Kimmorley, not Ennis.

Ennis did sweet f**k all. Kimmorley was doing all of the work of both the halves on his own, because his forwards finally hardened up and had a f**king go.

Barrett was a waste of space, once again, as per usual.

Kimmorley in form, Blues pack having a dig for a change, injury riddled Maroons, they are the factors why NSW won, nothing else.
Get your hand off it you tosser. Farah did f**k all for the NSW forwards in games 1 and 2.. When Wing came on, he gave them great service and we got on the front foot.. Last night we were on the front foot all night without that show pony Farah trying to hog the limelight. Ennis was perfect last night. Over 20 tackles, 1 missed, perfect service, perfect passing game. He didn't go out there to try and win the game every play like Farah the ball hog.

Ennis and Wing let Barrett and Noddy run the show.

watatank

Coach
Farah is a better player but on a very basic level Ennis was better last night than Farah was all series. Forget the niggle, the supposed "hardness" and the like. In terms of service from dummy half, Ennis was much better and that made much of the difference.

Forth & Clyde

Juniors
It's only Tigers fans defending him which is to be expected. I loathe both the Dogs and Tigers so being objective for me is quite simple.

I didn't see Ennis throw a ball across the face of the goalposts for Creagh to miss only for Lockyer to pick up and score untouched.

Farah believed his own press and it let him down. I think he needs to add a little concrete to his cereal in the mornings and harden the f**k up!

Ennis may not have been brilliant but he didn't make the costly blunders that Farah did.

I'm a Tiger's fan yet I don't think your first point is well made. Farah assumed quite correctly, that at 10 metres from his own line, a forward just may have been steaming onto a pass. Ben Creagh wasn't, he was standing there, clearly not willing to meet the pass. His actions were in fact typical of his performance in the first two SOO's. I'm still gobsmacked that he escaped any criticism in games one and two, yet I'm happy to admit that he was quite impressie last night. Perhaps Bellamy gave him a bottle of 'man up' pills.

Farah has nothing to apologise for. He played injured, yet was still NSW best tackler, with 28. The major mistake he made was obeying Bellamy's operational plan for dummy half play. Should have tossed that out the window and played his own game.

As I recall Ennis conceded two penalties. I'm not against Ennis as a player, I believe he's a fantastic competitor, but by no stretch of the imagination does he have the skill set of Farah.

Forth & Clyde

Juniors
Get your hand off it you tosser. Farah did f**k all for the NSW forwards in games 1 and 2.. When Wing came on, he gave them great service and we got on the front foot.. Last night we were on the front foot all night without that show pony Farah trying to hog the limelight. Ennis was perfect last night. Over 20 tackles, 1 missed, perfect service, perfect passing game. He didn't go out there to try and win the game every play like Farah the ball hog.

Ennis and Wing let Barrett and Noddy run the show.

Not really a scientific appraisal there old boy. Wing's contribution had nothing to do with 'service', it had more to do with his metres from dummy half. In fact Bellamy erred in bringing Ennis back on last night, since Wing played wonderfully again and conceivably should have had at least another 10 minutes. Don't think Ennis was 'perfect' by any stretch, 'tradesmanlike' is a more fitting description. By the way, I know emotion can sometimes take over, but Ennis made 18 tackles, not 'over 20'.

Forth & Clyde

Juniors
Farah is a better player but on a very basic level Ennis was better last night than Farah was all series. Forget the niggle, the supposed "hardness" and the like. In terms of service from dummy half, Ennis was much better and that made much of the difference.

Yes and 'service from dummy half' always looks so much more impressive when you have three or four forwards running with some intent. Goodness me, even Ben Creagh found his testicles last night :D

Hanscholo

Bench
Farah has a never to play again stamp I believe. Quite frankly he deserves it. Ennis was pretty good, Wing was too...Farah was monumentall bad in both games he played, just not in the same league as the others.

andirect

Juniors
wait, so it was the other nsw forwards that made farrah miss the tackle on folau in game 2?

more farrah titty twisters around here then gidley. ennis is better suited to origin and farrah will always just be a good club player.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Not really a scientific appraisal there old boy. Wing's contribution had nothing to do with 'service', it had more to do with his metres from dummy half. In fact Bellamy erred in bringing Ennis back on last night, since Wing played wonderfully again and conceivably should have had at least another 10 minutes. Don't think Ennis was 'perfect' by any stretch, 'tradesmanlike' is a more fitting description. By the way, I know emotion can sometimes take over, but Ennis made 18 tackles, not 'over 20'.
http://live.nrlstats.com/matches/nrl/match2420.html

20 tackles exactly, 1 missed. Also, 1 penalty conceded, not 2 as people have been saying.

I don't think there is much need for any more debate. It's clear..

Ennis > Farah.

TimmyB

Juniors
Fair dinkum, Ennis had a nothing game last night. Wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but he was basically invisible.

If that's all we want from a hooker then that's fine and I agree there's no need to play Farah.

Ladmate

Bench
Farah has a never to play again stamp I believe. Quite frankly he deserves it. Ennis was pretty good, Wing was too...Farah was monumentall bad in both games he played, just not in the same league as the others.

So the second-best hooker in the game will never play origin?

You know that Farah is second in line for an australian hooker jumper right?

Forth & Clyde

Juniors
wait, so it was the other nsw forwards that made farrah miss the tackle on folau in game 2?

more farrah titty twisters around here then gidley. ennis is better suited to origin and farrah will always just be a good club player.

Brilliant synopsis mate......'Ennis is betta dan der uvver bloke, so der'....lol

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Fair dinkum, Ennis had a nothing game last night. Wasn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but he was basically invisible.

If that's all we want from a hooker then that's fine and I agree there's no need to play Farah.
So you'd rather a show pony hooker who will try and win the game himself, provide not nearly as good of service as Wing and Ennis and by doing so blocking out the halves, who where the reason we won last night? Fair call..

Alright, I'll shut up now. I'm just not crash hot on Farah at all.. Good at club level where he has a whole team to run and can win the match himself, but at rep level he has proven to be hopeless so far.

Wing and Ennis for Origin in 2010.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
You would have to think that with the way De Gois has played this year it could be a three horse race next year.

Cloud9

Ennis over Farah easily. They may have similar abilities, but Ennis is composed under pressure, he's not a nervous wreck like Farah. Ennis' combination with Kimmorley adds confidence and inside knowledge to the team.

TimmyB

Juniors
So you'd rather a show pony hooker who will try and win the game himself, provide not nearly as good of service as Wing and Ennis and by doing so blocking out the halves, who where the reason we won last night? Fair call..

Alright, I'll shut up now. I'm just not crash hot on Farah at all.. Good at club level where he has a whole team to run and can win the match himself, but at rep level he has proven to be hopeless so far.

Well for a start, there's no reason to be so provocative by calling Farah a show pony. It's a nothing, cheap shot insult because he's an attacking player. It's not like he's willing to guts matches out etc. so it's pretty unnecessary.

All I'm saying is, Ennis didn't do anything particularly well last night. Did nothing wrong, but I don't think he did anything De Gois/Friend/Payne/Henderson/Most other hookers could do. He gave crisp service from dummy half and put one poor kick in. If that's all NSW wants from a hooker then fine pick him.

Farah was bad in game 2 and ok in game 1 - remember, he laid on a try (albeit lucky) and it should have been two when he put Hayne down the sideline. He also won a penalty from a marker who wasn't square and earned a repeat set with a kick into the in goal area. So it's wasn't hopeless as people like to suggest. I also think NSW forwards were a lot better last night, as evidenced by the fact people aren't calling for the heads of any of the players.

I feel Farah has the ability to get it right at rep level. Watch the first 10 minutes of origin 1. With the forwards on top, he was the dominant player in the opening 10 minutes. Given another opportunity I think he's too good a player to not succeed. I certainly can't see him playing as badly as he did in game 2. I would hope neutral fans (I'd admit my bias) would see that was fairly out of character and not a consequence of being out of his depth.

Having said all that and I say this with no cynicism or sarcasm, if all NSW wants from their hooker is good service and no missed tackles then they don't need Farah.

Dee

Juniors

I just can't take your posts seriously with that .gif in your sig! Cracks me up every time!