What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fastest Men in League

Big_nick

Juniors
Well i suppose we have to throw John grant @ the tigpies aswell and he has it over hayne.

I remember seeing Denan Kemp (back at the broncs) run down Uate (was only 10m or so, but both a standing start) a couple of years ago, i havent found the video for it but still trying.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Lawrence burning slater down the sideline at leichhardt in 09 was a brilliant exhibition of true pace 50m+

Not sure if he could do that now though...

RABK

Referee
What did Hayne run in the Bolt challenge? Uate has run sub 11 seconds times over 100m. Though that was when he was a teenager and he has lost a few yards of pace after putting on 12kg since then though.

RABK

Referee
What did Hayne run in the Bolt challenge? Uate has run sub 11 seconds times over 100m. Though that was when he was a teenager and he has lost a few yards of pace after putting on 12kg since then though.

Ok well i found out Uate has run a sprint track 10.82 as recently as 2008. He hasn't grown much, if at all, since then so it's fair to say that's the NRL benchmark.

Danish

Referee

It was a very low 11 I believe.

I'd love to see another of those races run but with the full set of speedsters this time instead of ring ins like Big Game (who trundled over somewhere in the 16s)

Cheops

Juniors
Uate has never been run down in open space with the ball in hand and he doesn't even need to get out of 3rd gear most the time to burn the chasers.

Vatuvei ran him down in a game last year I think. Can't remember if he had any headstart or angle though

CC_Roosters

First Grade
What about that grant the tigers signed? He is lightning quick but i think he has played first grade yet

What about that grant the tigers signed? He is lightning quick but i think he has played first grade yet

James Grant who we signed from Eastwood Rugby beat Hayne in the Gatorade Bolt, he run second to another rugby player, Lachie Turner.

He is very quick but is still learning rugby league in the NSW Cup. A lot of people have doubts about him making it but he is tall has a solid build and has fantastic pace. Maybe by about mid way through the year or just after I think he will be in the NRL side. Needs to work hard on his positioning in defence.

Big_nick

Juniors
James Grant who we signed from Eastwood Rugby beat Hayne in the Gatorade Bolt, he run second to another rugby player, Lachie Turner.

He is very quick but is still learning rugby league in the NSW Cup. A lot of people have doubts about him making it but he is tall has a solid build and has fantastic pace. Maybe by about mid way through the year or just after I think he will be in the NRL side. Needs to work hard on his positioning in defence.

John.

Excellent pace, huge man but gets lazy and comes in and out of games a lot.. tis why he never cracked the waratahs. Could be great thought, and definitely one of the fastest.

Big_nick

Juniors
Clearly its Ben Hannant. Almost chased down McManus who had a good start.

That was a hell of a chase for the polar bear! Yow Yeh was also chasing and didnt gain an inch so he gave up.. I thought he was a lot faster (although ive heard he was injured?)

Snappy

Coach
Yow Yeh was also chasing and didnt gain an inch so he gave up.. I thought he was a lot faster (although ive heard he was injured?)

If he wasnt injured it was a very pathetic effort, and if he was carrying an injury he shouldnt have played.