What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fatty and Hadley and Wideler

hindmarsh4pm

Juniors
hybrid_tiger said:
Look, Gower has the I.Q of two wooden deck chairs, I'm not disputing that.

However, he was correct when he called Wiedler a f*ucking dribbler. Because thats what he is, regardless of the fact he got this story right. Thats 1/2000000000 for the spastic.
can't disagree there lol

bartman said:
Hadley's time must be up, surely? When are the NRL going to encourage other radio stations to get involved in the game they used to in Sydney - used to be able to take your pick from 4 different stations doing calls of games... shouldn't be too hard to cover the NRL with national networks and syndication.

why, because gower lied to him on air? hadley is a dickhead but from what people have told me went on at the footy show, they manipulated the facts here

dontmakemeangry said:
Anyone listen to hadley's show this morning? And if so what was his retort?

he said "bla bla i've publicly stated 50 times i was punted from the footy show bla bla pretty soon me and red haird nit will have something in common, both punted from the footy show bla bla it was all craig gowers fault bla bla here's the ratings for the footyshow bla bla"

Hindyscrack

Bench
Weidler has no cred
Hadley has even less

I think this is the first time that Fatty has gone public with his dislike of Hadley, and after all the years of public crap that has been dished out I cant blame him.

Danish

Referee
The funniest thing to come out of all this, is that my girl and I went over all of Wiedler's "crazy" announcements from the past few years.......

And he actually got alot of stuf right.

- Asotasi to Souths
- Omeley to Roosters (like 2 bloody years in advance)
- Anasta to roosters
- Myles to roosters
- Hodges back to brisbane
- Petro to penrith
- Crowe buying souths
- Taylor being appointed head coach of souths

Granted he has had a few whoppers every now and then, but the Gower and Wing situations have shown why. Managers seem to be on a different wave length to their players these days, and the papers seem to be the ones caught in the cross fire.

Wiedler still spins alot of sh*t, but after the last couple weeks I am not so sure that he is just making the stuff up, or if he is being told porkies by the people who are meant to be in the know (player managers, players themselves).

Hadley, on the other hand, is an absolute dribbler of the highest order. Wiedler speaks to player managers to get his "scoops", Hadley speaks to toothless grandmas.

forward pass

Coach
Danish said:
The funniest thing to come out of all this, is that my girl and I went over all of Wiedler's "crazy" announcements from the past few years.......

And he actually got alot of stuf right.

- Asotasi to Souths
- Omeley to Roosters (like 2 bloody years in advance)
- Anasta to roosters
- Myles to roosters
- Hodges back to brisbane
- Petro to penrith
- Crowe buying souths
- Taylor being appointed head coach of souths

Granted he has had a few whoppers every now and then, but the Gower and Wing situations have shown why. Managers seem to be on a different wave length to their players these days, and the papers seem to be the ones caught in the cross fire.

Wiedler still spins alot of sh*t, but after the last couple weeks I am not so sure that he is just making the stuff up, or if he is being told porkies by the people who are meant to be in the know (player managers, players themselves).

Hadley, on the other hand, is an absolute dribbler of the highest order. Wiedler speaks to player managers to get his "scoops", Hadley speaks to toothless grandmas.

Everyone seems to think that but it is not the case.

Weidler has contacts - some are managers, some are players, some are administrators and when he gets info from his contacts - he investigates as much as he can and if he thinks there is something in it - he reports it.

Now, that doesn't always mean that he will be right. eg - A manager might call him up and say " Danny, my player Johnny looks like he is going to the Titans for 2 years - deal is nearly done. Weidler reports it. The player then changes his mind and decides to stay or go elsewhere - for whatever reason.

That makes Weidler look silly - but the fact is the info was right AT THE TIME. Personally I think everyone is pretty tough on the bloke. I can't stand his love affair with Sailor or Mundine or SBW either but his info is usually pretty good.

A journo is not worth his salt without good contacts - and he seems to have plenty. As did Peter Frilingos when he was around. Thats the way they operate !

Kurt Angle

First Grade
Yah, as much as people bag Weidler, and he does appear and sound like a wanker.. he's not one who get 99% wrong.

I remember when he said Peachey was going to leave the Sharks for England. Everyone said "that is never going to happen" and make hysterical claims about his daughter crying because she heard it first from Weidler.

Fair enough, Peachey did leave.

Weidler isn't a bloke you'd piss on if he was on fire, but he actually does have a track record of getting sh*t right.. he just has an obnoxious personality and that makes people want to kill the messenger.

I listened to raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayy. He spent 5 minutes on it
Then he sorted out ethel's electricity, flo's optus bill, marg's telstra bill and had a yarn to fred nile
Hills district bogan mcmansion cab driving auctioneer

mightypanther

Juniors
Kurt Angle said:
he does appear and sound like a wanker.

Weidler isn't a bloke you'd piss on if he was on fire he just has an obnoxious personality and that makes people want to kill the messenger.

These are my favourites bits of your post. Top stuff. Well said.;-) :lol:

Latest posts