What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Music

Got an eclectic taste in music.

Grew up on metal and 60's-80's rock primarily. Still listen to that more than anything but do enjoy flamenco, big fan of Antonio Lauro's works. I do like music from other genres but generally don't like country and hip-hop/rap after about the turn of the millennium.

As far as Australian rock goes, a pretty big fan of Midnight Oil, even though their best releases were around when I was quite young.

Recently started listening to a western Sydney band called Thy Art is Murder. They've been around for quite a while, just never really got into them until now.

Nutz

Bench
Drummer John Bonham from Led Zeppelin was a legend.
There’s a common misconception that Bonham played with a double pedal, how else could he play so fast?
In fact, he did his signature triplets on a standard bass drum pedal. Freak!
Ever since John died I have loved drums.
I stumbled across this dude [Alexis Von Kraven] and his drumming is insane.

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
Hey @Old Time Tiger, are these something you tapped your feet to?
Corny clips but some catchy tunes.
e1eec417d4685b7027eb5279c5693e21--emoji-emoticons-emojis.jpg
feature=shared

Holy dooley Batman

What about these risky songs of that era :)

simmo05

Bench
Got an eclectic taste in music.

Grew up on metal and 60's-80's rock primarily. Still listen to that more than anything but do enjoy flamenco, big fan of Antonio Lauro's works. I do like music from other genres but generally don't like country and hip-hop/rap after about the turn of the millennium.

As far as Australian rock goes, a pretty big fan of Midnight Oil, even though their best releases were around when I was quite young.

Recently started listening to a western Sydney band called Thy Art is Murder. They've been around for quite a while, just never really got into them until now.
Thy art is murder are awesome. From campbelltown I believe, the ex singer has a tattoo shop there

Nutz

Bench
"A music genius at work."
Just mucking around jamming in a makeshift studio, Paul comes up with a catchy melody riff. Apparently they would all come into the studios from time to time and play something they thought of overnight and recorded a song straight away.

Then the finished product.

Tigerm

Coach
"A music genius at work."
Just mucking around jamming in a makeshift studio, Paul comes up with a catchy melody riff. Apparently they would all come into the studios from time to time and play something they thought of overnight and recorded a song straight away.

Then the finished product.

There’s a recent doco on this culminating in the roof top concert, really good, got be back listening to there stuff again?

Nutz

Bench
There’s a recent doco on this culminating in the roof top concert, really good, got be back listening to there stuff again?
I was going to post that one. Great doco.
They were the kings of 45rpm.
More hits than Cassius Clay

Nutz

Bench
The Last Of The Mohicans is one of my fav movies mainly because of the music score and screenplay. A bit outdated but romantic for us softies.
I came across this Trevor Jones Youth Orchestra and after downing a couple of ales I played this loud of my sound system.
I was gobsmacked by the arrangement.
It made ol Nutz feel like brandishing his sword and run around the paddock with my flowing gold locks trailing behind me and my block and tackle banging out the beat of the drums, jumping over the hedges whilst holding aloft my 1853 Enfield rifle musket screaming at the neighbours..... Tigers, Tigers, Tigggaaarrrrss

I better not, I'm still unwell :)

Last edited:

Tigerm

Coach
If you had the job, which song would you pick for WT’s as there anthem?
E.g Liverpool EPL have “You’ll Never Walk Alone”

Nutz

Bench
Depends on how your going to play/sing it.
If it's sung by the crowd just as the players are running out onto the field you cant go past "Eye Of The Tiger"

"You’ll Never Walk Alone” wouldn't work at LO or CS as noone knows the words and spectators would yell out mumbled words. In fact most Aussies can't sing like the poms can at sporting events. That's why you need something simple with a beat....hence eye of the tiger is best imo.

Tigerm

Coach
YNWA certainly hits the heart strings of a great English football club, Liverpool.

Could you imagine a brisk, sunny afternoon at LO, drawn game with 5 minutes to go and the WT’s have the ball 20 mts out and the crowd erupt in song, would make your hair stand up (if you had any)
They’d never walk alone
hahaha

Last edited: