What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Music

Das Hassler

Bench
Hey TM...

"America. Led Zeppelin"
Be thankful their manager Peter Grant is dead...he'd hunt you down....and he still might! :)

Tiger Ted

Bench
Who's everyone's favourite singer/guitarist?

Shit loads to choose from, but I do have a special like for Mark Knopfler from Dire Straits.
In the 80’s while I was at uni & b4 the entertainment centre opened I managed to get a job working at the hordern pavilion as an usher & got to see Dire straits when they played on 6 consecutive nights.They were great.

Tigerm

Coach
Hey TM...

"America. Led Zeppelin"
Be thankful their manager Peter Grant is dead...he'd hunt you down....and he still might! :) English ?
They are English.
My bad, Oops
I originally had the Gunners, but changed them because I like LZ and I just thought for some reason Robert Plant was a yank?

Last edited:

Nutz

Bench
So, who’s your favourite band:

Overall.

Australia.

England.

America.

Other.
Sorry, just got out of bed, been sick again :(

This is a hard one Tm because all of my favorites are bands.
I said early that Supertramp is my fav band, but if Roger didn't have Supertramp's backing I would probably wouldn't like him that much.
A bit like the Stones. Mick without the band is no good imo.
So a singer who I like mainly as a soloist is Chris Martin from Coldplay.
He could sing and play the piano to the majority of their songs and still sound great. [British]
I'll come up with more from other countries when I'm better.
Paradise is my fav Coldplay single.

Nutz

Bench
Sorry, just got out of bed, been sick again :(

This is a hard one Tm because all of my favorites are bands.
I said early that Supertramp is my fav band, but if Roger didn't have Supertramp's backing I would probably wouldn't like him that much.
A bit like the Stones. Mick without the band is no good imo.
So a singer who I like mainly as a soloist is Chris Martin from Coldplay.
He could sing and play the piano to the majority of their songs and still sound great. [British]
I'll come up with more from other countries when I'm better.
Paradise is my fav Coldplay single.

Sorry I thought the thread was fav singers...me bad.
Chat soon.

simmo05

Bench
What's your Fav Rob flynn, Machine head track Simmo?
Mine is Locust.
Insane intro drumming and guitar playing.

Halo, locust, davidian, from this day, imperium, unhallowed all are classics I reckon mate! Actually saw them last thursday, awesome night!

If drumming is your thing, check out Bleed, by Messhuga. Tomas haake is a beast, the different time signatures make my head hurt

Nutz

Bench
Anyone got
Halo, locust, davidian, from this day, imperium, unhallowed all are classics I reckon mate! Actually saw them last thursday, awesome night!

If drumming is your thing, check out Bleed, by Messhuga. Tomas haake is a beast, the different time signatures make my head hurt
I'm envious. I said earlier that I'm jinxed regarding watching live bands...when I've got tickets or planning to go, something comes up to stuff it up :(
A bit like the NRL side I follow [a bunch of stuff ups]
I did see The Divinyls in the early 80's at a Brisbane pub before they made it. I was only about 10ft away from the stage and Chrissy Amphlett.
She ticked all the boxes back then with her raunchy gig.
I will check out Bleed as I don't know anything about it...I'll get back to you. :)

Nutz

Bench

Bleed, by Messhuga is the wrong genre for a 66yr old with PTSD Simmo. Sorro bro :)
There's another member on here who likes extreme/death metal, a regular. @Das Hassler maybe?

Das Hassler

Bench
A couple for those who might like a couple of my favorites...Son House and Howlin Wolf...turn it up if you do...off if you don't lol

Last edited:

Latest posts