What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite away venue and why?

Sharkman05

Juniors
What is your favourite away venue to watch the footy and why, based on the qualtity of the view, the respect from opposition fans, parking, beer and food lines, food prices etc etc.

My favoutite away venue thus far is Penrith

Southernsaint

Staff member
Probably the SFS - one of the best viewing grounds in the league. It is also centrally located & has a good atmosphere when a decent sized crowd is in...

Booyah

Bench
SFS by far. It's easy to get to, prices aren't too bad and you can always get a good view of the game from pretty much all around the place.

Sharkman05

Juniors
Raider_69 said:
SFS and Penrith Stadium are good for me
SFS is a great stadium but food, beer and parking are to expensive and you need 20 000 or more to create a atmosphere. Plus the Roosters play there's no respect just rubbish from those fans!

bazza

Immortal
SFS for me as well

Easy to get to, you can usually get a win against Souths and there are plenty of places to go before or after the game

m0j0

Bench
Marathon Dustbowl (EAS as it's now known). I love being surrounded by 20,000 extremely one-eyed Knights fans (particularly the Blue-Rinse Brigade). I love the tirade of verbal abuse (and the occasional barrages of spit) when we win, and I love the cockiness and insults when we lose. You can't match that level of hostility anywhere else and that's what I love about going to the footy.
Just have a look at the anger in their eyes - that's 100% passion (this was from the first Knights home game vs Roosters last year):
086.jpg

et

Juniors
Leichhardt. Just perfect on the hill on a sunny Sunday arvo. A few too many fans with a fixation on Super League but still good. Brookvale is good too, and the fans are surprisingly reasonable.

Sharkman05

Juniors
Southernsaint said:
As a Sharks fan, you won't get respect at any away venue...
Hmm wonder why I didn't say Wograh oval or the home of the Illawarra Dragons down in Wollongong! Go the BHP Steelers

Sharkman05

Juniors
What is your most disliked away venue?

For me very easy Bulldogs if you have been in your favourithe teams jersey you would understand why I say this!

brook

First Grade
Brookie - its a great old ground with a good atmosphere and most of the manly fans are good sports. The downside is its an absolute pain in the neck to get to by public transport.

I also like jubilee for mostly the same reasons.

Knightmare

Coach
Leichardt Oval- it's a fantastic old venue that has so much atmosphere, there's nowhere better to watch a game on a Sunday afternoon. Worst venue would be Toyota Park- there's hardly any good spots to watch the game from, and all the drunken Sharks fans giving it to on on the hill as you exit the ground is laughable (but annoyinig all the same.) However, I give Toyota Park a A+ for eye candy! :clap: :D :D :D :shock:

***MH***

Bench
I go with campbelltown... it's right next door to the train station so you don't have to take your car, GA is inexpensive and you can always count on westies making great pies.
The only grounds that i know of that have a trainstation remotley close to their ground without having to catch a bus are Telstra and Belmore.... i'm not sure about parramatta though?

Bomber

Bench
My favourite away venue is Telstra Stadium, for sentimental reasons as a Cowboys supporter :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Matty Sing you legend

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Fav away venue.

Has to be Suncorp. Great Rugby League way better than Telstra, the atmosphere's great there I'm already getting tickets in April. :D

I like Leichhardt, good old venue nice traditional hill, just annoying getting to and out of the joint

Worst away ground is Newcastle.

Mr Saab

Referee
m0j0 said:
Marathon Dustbowl (EAS as it's now known). I love being surrounded by 20,000 extremely one-eyed Knights fans (particularly the Blue-Rinse Brigade). I love the tirade of verbal abuse (and the occasional barrages of spit) when we win, and I love the cockiness and insults when we lose. You can't match that level of hostility anywhere else and that's what I love about going to the footy.
Just have a look at the anger in their eyes - that's 100% passion (this was from the first Knights home game vs Roosters last year):

could not imagine anything more sickening than sitting with a bunch of red neck knights supprters.
I would rather sit with roosters supporters and laugh at them