What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Dragons Player

saints4ever

First Grade
No offence to Trent in the years NSW were dominant, he did have coke head fittler as his five eighth. Then he had Mr ecky as his 7. He was a great player in his own right but man no wonder he shone in a blues jersey

gypsy

Bench
No offence to Trent in the years NSW were dominant, he did have coke head fittler as his five eighth. Then he had Mr ecky as his 7. He was a great player in his own right but man no wonder he shone in a blues jersey

Yeah anyone would have looked good alongside A. Johns....please :roll:

watatank

Coach
Anyway he was a good player at Origin because he was just another player...wasn't the same at Saints. He was either asked to be or took it upon himself to be the main man...either way he struggled

gypsy

Bench
Trent never had a halfback. While he was at the Dragons we must of went through 10 halfbacks at least. Hard to build any sort of understanding when that's going on.

redvwhite

Juniors
Hell of a passing game and long kicking game as well Trent Barrett. Agreed, he needed a long term solid halves partner. Trent could have been one of the greats. I thought he was a superb captain too.

gypsy

Bench
He pretty much had it all, great running game, hit like a backrower in defence...
as with a few of our great players though, unfairly targeted by our fans

natheel

Coach
I'm not a dragons fan and far from liking ur team but I always enjoyed watching Shaun Timmons run around for u guys. And Nathan brown when he was playing

Those 2 would be the only dragons I've had a soft spot for

Timmons coz of his contribution to nsw and he was just a tough player

And browny because I remember watching his injury and feeling sorry for the bloke and I just thought he loved his team. Which I admire whoever the player is and for what ever club. I like passionate players

redvwhite

Juniors
And browny because I remember watching his injury and feeling sorry for the bloke and I just thought he loved his team. Which I admire whoever the player is and for what ever club. I like passionate players

Definitely Browny was a clubman of the highest order. He worked hard and played consistently every week. We loved him too.

Minh

First Grade
Trent Barrett was a terrific player, if we had him now playing 5/8 with Soward at half many teams would be shaking in their boots, a peak Barrett I'm talking about not the one that came back from England.

gypsy

Bench
There's a footy show over here hosted by Brian Carney, where he just interviews different players each week. There have been a lot of Wigan players interviewed on there, and it's amazing how they all rave about Barrett, how he was their biggest influence, role model etc. Sam Tomkins credits him for being the England fullback.
Great player, one of my favourites.

Last edited:

SwampyMarc

Juniors
in no particular order

steve morris
brad mackay
beau scott
jason nightingale
anthony mundine
scott gourley
brian johnston

Dragons01

First Grade
When I was alot younger Tony Trudgett was my favourite(I wanted to marry him) and Rod Reddy(before he turned). Now my favourite is Benny Hornby(love Benny Hornby).

Mattc

Juniors
Steve Morris was great.
Then Blacklock.
These guys didn't just score tries they should as a winger.
They appeared everywhere on the field.

possm

Coach
I really liked:
Billy Smith
Changa Langlands
Johny Raper
Reg Gasnier

Cheered long and hard for them sitting on my Grand Dad's lap at the SCG and Kograh

St Dragon

Juniors
Craig 'Albert' Young - St George runs through his blood. Steve slippery Morris was also a favourite

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Nightingale will be my all time favourite. He has overtaken Trent Barrett, Steve Morris, Brad Mackay and while he was at the club Gordon Tallis. Big Gordy was awesome in the Red V.

Latest posts