What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favourite Movie Quotes

horrie hastings

First Grade
“We all come into this world with our little egos equipped with individual horns. If we don't blow them, who else will?” - George Sanders as Addison DeWitt - All About Eve.

“Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night!” - Bette Davis as Margot Channing - All About Eve.

• "Rockstars don't go to jail. Vince Neil only did thirty days and he killed somebody" (Airheads)
  • "Hans...bubby...I'm your white knight" (Die Hard)
  • "A poacher who shoots at rabbits may scare big game away" (Dirty Rotten Scoundrels)
  • "I want you to be nice, until it's time to not be nice" (Roadhouse)
  • "But I know a good kid when I see one, because they're all good kids. Until dried out, braindead skags like you drag them down and convince them they're no good" (Uncle Buck)
  • "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams" (Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory)
  • "Warriors, come out to plaaayy" (The Warriors)
  • "How long do you plan to stay in Regan?" "Until she rots and lies stinking in the earth" (The Exorcist)
  • "Bunch of slack-jawed fa**ots around here. This stuff will make you a god damned sexual Tyrannosaurus, just like me" (Predator)
  • You know there's going to be sex, drugs, rock n roll, chips, dips, chains, whips. You know just your regular high school orgy type thing." (Weird Science)

The Uncle Buck quote is a beauty. But you left out the best bit!

“...Now. Here’s a quarter. Why don’t you go down town and get a rat to gnaw that thing off your face”. :joy:

The Predator quote is also a ripper and one that I use myself regularly.

The Big Lebowski is loaded with great quotes.

(Walter empties a can of Donnie’s ashes into The Dude’s face)

“God damn it Walter! Everything’s a f**ken travesty with you, man! And what was that shit about Vietnam?!”

(Goon dunking The Dudes head in a toilet)

“Where’s the money Lebowski?!?!”

“It’s gotta be down there somewhere. Let me take another look”

(Goon looks at bowling ball)

“What the f**k is this?”

“Obviously you’re not a golfer”

(Goon pisses on carpet)

“Uhhh, not on... the rug... mannnn”

“He looks like a f**ken loser”

“Hey, at least I’m house broken”

Such a great movie.

Generalzod

Immortal
More from Fight Club

“You Are Not Special. You Are Not A Beautiful Or Unique Snowflake. You Are The Same Decaying Organic Matter As Everything Else.”

“We're a generation of men raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need.”

“- Tyler Durden: You know why they put oxygen masks on planes?
- The Narrator: So you can breathe.
-Tyler Durden: Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing, 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows.”

“- The Narrator: What do you do for a living?
- Tyler Durden: Why? So you can pretend like you're interested?”

“A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.”

More from Fight Club

“You Are Not Special. You Are Not A Beautiful Or Unique Snowflake. You Are The Same Decaying Organic Matter As Everything Else.”

“We're a generation of men raised by women. I'm wondering if another woman is really the answer we need.”

“- Tyler Durden: You know why they put oxygen masks on planes?
- The Narrator: So you can breathe.
-Tyler Durden: Oxygen gets you high. In a catastrophic emergency, you're taking giant panicked breaths. Suddenly you become euphoric, docile. You accept your fate. It's all right here. Emergency water landing, 600 miles an hour. Blank faces, calm as Hindu cows.”

“- The Narrator: What do you do for a living?
- Tyler Durden: Why? So you can pretend like you're interested?”

“A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.”

Loved that movie. Loved the ending. Loved The Pixies song “where is my mind” at the end. Great movie. Really captured my early 20’s, gen-X angst, violence and aimlessness. Loved it.

Last edited:
So many great lines in Chopper
  • “Look, all I can tell you is what I've already told Mister Beasley: none of us saw anything. It was just one of those things: Bluey Barnes was reading a magazine; Ambrose Hatcheson was taking a piss; Johnny Price was washing his hands; Jimmy Loughnan was watching a bullant crawl across the table, and I was watching Jimmy watching the bullant.”

Look at what you've done! You're mum's upset.

Keithy seems to have done himself a mischief.

“Why would I shoot a bloke, then drive him to the bloody car and wizz him off to the hospital at a hundred miles an hour? It defeats the purpose of having shot him in the first place.”

Jim Rockford

Bench
Another massively quotable movie - Fletch. Here's some of the best.

"I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pull rank on you. I didn't want to have to do this. I'm with the Mattress Police. There are no tags on these mattresses."

Alan Stanwyk:" You'll be wearing rubber gloves. Do you own rubber gloves?
Fletch: I rent 'em. I have a lease with an option to buy."

Chief Karlin: "So, what's your name?
Fletch: Fletch.
Chief Karlin: Full name?
Fletch: Fletch F. Fletch.
Chief Karlin: I see, And what do you do for a living, Mr. Fletch?
Fletch: I'm a shepherd.
Chief Karlin: [to the arresting officers] Officers, could you excuse us for a few moments?
Fletch: Yeah, why don't you guys go down to the gym and pump each other.
Chief Karlin: Why are you doing this, Mr. Fletch?
Fletch: I like men. I like to be manhandled. I like you."

"He is actually six-five, with the afro, six-nine."

Madeline: "I'm sorry, who are you again?
Fletch: I'm Frieda's boss.
Madeline: Who's Frieda?
Fletch: My secretary."

Fat Sam: "I got some reds.
Fletch: You don't mean communists, do you, Sam?"

[to a Doberman pinscher]
Fletch:" Look, defenseless babies!"

Gail Stanwyk: "What are you doing here?
Fletch: I ordered some lunch.
Gail Stanwyk: You ordered it here?
Fletch: Well, I knew this is where my mouth would be."

Fight club and Robocop in my opinion are near perfect movies, I’m amassed that some people couldn' t get the fight club message, I found the movie very philosophical.

Extremely philosophical. All it is is modern philosophy and fighting! What more could an angry, disillusioned 20-something ask for!?

This movie turned me onto stoicism and existentialism. Camus and Nietzsche in particular.

You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do you, punk?

- Harry Callahan, Dirty Harry (1971).

A man's got to know his limitations.

- Harry Callahan, Magnum Force (1973).

Capt. McKay:
That's it Callahan, you just got yourself a sixty-day suspension.
Harry: Make it ninety!
Capt. McKay: A hundred-and-eighty, and give me your star.
Harry: (Giving Capt. Mckay his badge) Here's a seven-point suppository, Captain!
Capt. Mckay: What did you say?!
Harry: I said stick it in your ass!

- The Enforcer (1976).

Listen, punk. To me you're nothin' but dogshit, you understand? And a lot of things can happen to dogshit. It can be scraped up with a shovel off the ground. It can dry up and blow away in the wind. Or it can be stepped on and squashed. So take my advice and be careful where the dog shits ya!

- Harry Callahan, Sudden Impact (1983).

horrie hastings

First Grade
Here's Looking At You Kid - Humphrey Bogart -Casablanca

Frankly My Dear I Don't Give A Damm - Clarke Gable - Gone With The Wind

Don't Let's Us Ask For The Moon, We Have The Stars - Bette Davis- Now Voyager

What A Dump -Bette Davis- Beyond The Forest or Elizabeth Taylor - Who's Afraid Of Virginia Wolf

Oh Blanche, You Know We got Rats In The Cellar - Bette Davis -What Ever Happened To Baby Jane

Generalzod

Immortal
You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do you, punk?

- Harry Callahan, Dirty Harry (1971).

A man's got to know his limitations.

- Harry Callahan, Magnum Force (1973).

Capt. McKay:
That's it Callahan, you just got yourself a sixty-day suspension.
Harry: Make it ninety!
Capt. McKay: A hundred-and-eighty, and give me your star.
Harry: (Giving Capt. Mckay his badge) Here's a seven-point suppository, Captain!
Capt. Mckay: What did you say?!
Harry: I said stick it in your ass!

- The Enforcer (1976).

Listen, punk. To me you're nothin' but dogshit, you understand? And a lot of things can happen to dogshit. It can be scraped up with a shovel off the ground. It can dry up and blow away in the wind. Or it can be stepped on and squashed. So take my advice and be careful where the dog shits ya!

- Harry Callahan, Sudden Impact (1983).
Here is one fro Dirty Harry

• The Mayor : Callahan... I don't want any more trouble like you had last year in the Fillmore district. You understand? That's my policy.

Harry Callahan : Yeah, well, when an adult male is chasing a female with intent to commit rape, I shoot the bastard - that's my policy.

The Mayor : Intent? How'd you establish that?

Harry Callahan : When a naked man is chasing a woman through a dark alley with a butcher knife and a hard on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross.

[leaves]

The Mayor : I think he's got a point.

Latest posts