What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fc agm

eelectric matt

Juniors
so will wynn,orielly and cronin run for footy club. i think it would make more sense that the current board ask them to join the board than run against them in the elections.last elections they were all about puttin ex players on the board and with these 3 gents there not only ex players but successful businessman.ex players runnin the footy side of things leagues club board crunchin the numbers.anyone herd if they will ever return nrl and toyota cup sides bac to football club.that was a big selling point at the last elections and i realise these things take time but in my view a footy team should be under the control of the footy club.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
so will wynn,orielly and cronin run for footy club. i think it would make more sense that the current board ask them to join the board than run against them in the elections.last elections they were all about puttin ex players on the board and with these 3 gents there not only ex players but successful businessman.ex players runnin the footy side of things leagues club board crunchin the numbers.anyone herd if they will ever return nrl and toyota cup sides bac to football club.that was a big selling point at the last elections and i realise these things take time but in my view a footy team should be under the control of the footy club.

I thought that's what was meant to happen too. They were full of sh*t.

eelectric matt

Juniors
i have nothing against the current board but maybe some of those that r on the leagues club board could step aside from the footy club board and let a few of these blokes in.just a thought.cronin,grothe,price,orielly,gerard,wynn, sounds like a pretty good board to me,no doubtin there credentials.

Gronk

Staff member
i have nothing against the current board but maybe some of those that r on the leagues club board could step aside from the footy club board and let a few of these blokes in.just a thought.cronin,grothe,price,orielly,gerard,wynn, sounds like a pretty good board to me,no doubtin there credentials.

Won't happen because the footy team are the bling part of the gig. These guys would not be interested in just running a pokie den, they wan't the fame and notoriety.

It's like owning your own team without having to shell out the millions. Good gig if you can land it.

eelectric matt

Juniors
Won't happen because the footy team are the bling part of the gig. These guys would not be interested in just running a pokie den, they wan't the fame and notoriety.

It's like owning your own team without having to shell out the millions. Good gig if you can land it.
other clubs do it and r successfull so why not parra,sure the storm cheated a few prems but they won 2 prems and r run by a football club so is manly,st george so wat makes parra any different,maybe thats where we r makin the mistakes by lettin a leagues club board control our 1st grade side and i gotta say i dont see any ex 1st graders on our leagues board except gerard.why is there so much political bullsh*t involved in our club,why cant they just do it for the better sake of the club.no one is bigger than the club not even pricey himself.the fans make the club and ultimately have the power to have a say in wats going on albeit being a club member,

bartman

Immortal
Tuesday night at 6? Not much of a chance of me getting there on time after work from the city.

*shrugs*

Hellsy

Immortal

I think there were some troubles with doing this.. not sure what but perhaps someone who knows can remind us all.

Ollie Webb

Juniors
From memory the Board in 2000 or 2001 transferred the NRL license from the PDRL Football Club to PLC to ensure that the Rugby League side of the business was funded by the Leagues Club. this meant that the NRL team and now Toyota Cup fall under the stewardship of the PLC Directors.
PDRL Directors are responsible for Junior Reps and Junior League.
I think it was a way of guaranteeing the $$ for the NRL team. To move it back to PDRL would probably be a complex legal bunfight and the NRL License transfer would also need to be approved by the NRL.

Maroubra Eel

Coach
So even though they promised to do this, it's just all too hard for them. Maybe they should have looked into this before they promised anything.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'm extremely dissapointed at the timing of the AGM, you also need to consider that there is a major event on that evening about 10k's down the road..

eelectric matt

Juniors
yeah dont understand them changing it from sunday to a tuesday nite,i remember the last elections ppl who couldnt even vote were turning up with there kids to get autographs from the ex players had a real family feel to it even though it was in a carpark,maybe there scared of being voted out who knows, anyone know who is going to run against the current board

As to the moving the license back to the PDRLC (Parramatta District Rugby League Club) I have always had my doubts about it, Indeed we have had a few people challenge for the board with that promise only to shot down by the Board when they bought it up at the AGM after being unsuccessful in their push for the board.

As far as I know, in 1999 we were awarded an NRL license to compete, this was what made the 14 team competition.

After a vote at the PDRLC meeting at the end of 1999 (my first or second AGM) we asked that instead of that license being awarded to the PDRLC that is be awarded to the newly created Parramatta National Rugby League Club (PNRLC), which is a sub company of the Parramatta Leagues Club Group (PLCG).

Now we have had Suity say that he has raised this question with our LC board members and they have said there are legal complications.

Now just to speculate, those might be

* That the PNRLC must hold the license according to the NRL
* That the Tax issue spoken about when the PNRL was raised is still in existence and a real concern as the club does not want to pay more tax on Grants it would pay.
* That the PNRLC has some issues in relation to its creation where it can not be moved to the PDRLC.

There are many and varied wrinkles.

Still if you know your history it wouldn't be a mystery. Or indeed in this case, less of a Mystery.

bartman

Immortal
yeah dont understand them changing it from sunday to a tuesday nite,i remember the last elections ppl who couldnt even vote were turning up with there kids to get autographs from the ex players had a real family feel to it even though it was in a carpark,maybe there scared of being voted out who knows, anyone know who is going to run against the current board
You make a good point. There were sausage sizzles put on last time, it had a real united feel, an inclusive event.

This time around, it's a shift to a less accessible timeslot. With no explanation of why the change was necessary... Personally I hope more people eventually wake up to what this lot are up to instead of continuing to blow smoke up their arses. "Meet the new boss/Same as the old boss..."

fish eel

Immortal
So noms closed on Friday.

any word on who has nominated?

Or is Cayless the only non incumbant running?

bartman

Immortal
Aw, c'mon Suity... let yourself have a laugh ;-)

Credit where credit's due and all that...