What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Federal govt. withdraws $10m Centenary funding

Mr Saab

Referee
sherrinator said:
Because Labor values health etc over rugby league, you think they are a rabble.

That's the worst logic I've ever heard. The less they spend on sport and sh*t like the olympics the better.

I said its a small sign of things to come. Lets see what their budget is by 2010..prob the same as the Keating Govt.
Only good thing labor did was introduce superannuation.

taipan

Referee
Didn't vote for him,must have known something.
The money supposedly saved will not be going into schools or hospitals,as it is part of a general razor job to reduce expenditure ,and supposedly inflation.
$10m is stuff all(so why the axing),particularly when the state govt can lose $250m on a T Card transport system,and commit to a desal plant,when Sydney is being deluged by natural desalination.
Will the fed govt be cutting back on monies to Soccer/Socceroos?.
I agree with cuts if it across the board,if the NT AFL get funding by the Feds,they need stringing up and gelded.

Fairfax

Juniors
Gee, there's some flawed logic here. Howard ran the economy into the ground, knew he wouldn't be elected and starting throwing money around like a drunken sailor... Why have there been consecutive interest rate rises? Howard and Costello's desparate attempt to buy votes... If they didn't spend $350m on advertising trying to get re-elected they could have afforded the $10m. Some of the ideas around here are very, very funny. ALP fiscal policy can't be the problem, Parliament hasn't sat and no legislation has been passed. This is all Howard's doing. Guess what? He's gone and he's "never ever" coming back. Hasn't even got a seat in Parliament.. LOLOLOLOLOL

taipan

Referee
sherrinator said:

That's the worst logic I've ever heard. The less they spend on sport and sh*t like the olympics the better.

I hope you are not including the State Labor govt of NSW.The health system is stuffed up big time.You are not related to Reba?
For the last 20 years hospitals have struggled and govts of both Labor and Libs have been in power Federally.
I'll believe it when I see it.

gregstar

Referee
as long as the money is spent on a good cause.

i understand a fund for aids-ridden, aboriginal, lesbian artists with disabilities is being established.

i love politicians.

c_eagle

Juniors

Nook

Bench
Fair enough.

There are bigger things than football, and silly little political agendas.

the loss of money to union is a big blow for them, whilst for us it doesnt mean much.

the aru had already spent $500,000 on their proposal to fix ballymore, and it costs the QRU lots of money to maintain it.

this will really hurt union and wont cost us much so i can live with these 2 decisions

KillKillerKill

Juniors
Didn't read thread but f**k Rudd. People are starving in this country and he has the hide to cut funding from a sport that a relative small population of this nation cares about? f**k him!

yakstorm

First Grade
dallymessenger said:
the loss of money to union is a big blow for them, whilst for us it doesnt mean much.

the aru had already spent $500,000 on their proposal to fix ballymore, and it costs the QRU lots of money to maintain it.

this will really hurt union and wont cost us much so i can live with these 2 decisions

Unfortunately you can't just say it doesn't mean much to League. Hall of Fame, Rugby League House (all RL bodies in the same building), Volunteer recognition programs, Centenary Trophy, series of Centenary awards, are just some of those things that money was going towards...

It does hurt RL, and whilst all core business will continue as per usual, it would have been great for the game to finally have ARL, NRL, NSWRL, CRL, ARL Development all under the one roof sharing resources and working closer together.

melon....

Coach
sherrinator said:

Lots of FARRRRRKING LAUGHS!!!

HEALTH???!!! LOOK AT NSW HEALTH YOU IDIOT!!!

Chachi

Bench
Thank Christ some of you lot aren't running the economy. You're probably the same people who whinge about interest rates going up and wonder why the f**k they do!

Howard and his cronies were throwing money out the window left right and centre to buy their way back into Government. The amount of ridiculous sh*t the coalition were going to fund was an absolute disgrace.

It's a shame for the NRL, but good policy by Labor.

mikeob

Juniors
Not a good sign at all. Our boy Kevin is a AFL man. During the run up to the election I saw him on tv saying that politics is unpredictable and anything can happen just like it does in the 4th quarter at the Gabba.