What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feleti's Injury

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
eelavation said:
it won't be your mob!

You wonder what all the meeting have been about over the last 5 months then. Interesting.
sharks are in a hurry to consolidate existing contracts & are going to offload a few.
I wonder which young, islander, strike player Sticky is targetting now?

Hold onto your hats eels, sharks are under the cap.(see what I did there)

Stagger eel

Staff member
blacktip-reefy said:
You wonder what all the meeting have been about over the last 5 months then. Interesting.
sharks are in a hurry to consolidate existing contracts & are going to offload a few.
I wonder which young, islander, strike player Sticky is targetting now?

Hold onto your hats eels, sharks are under the cap.(see what I did there)

I could be wrong..but I was told it was between 2 clubs and one of them is ours and the other is Manly, the source??? lets just it couldn't be better, but than again he may of been throwing me a dummy.

Bigfella

Coach
If we lose him and claim it's because we don;t pay overs it is a copout.

We paid Tahu overs. We probably paid Cayless overs for the last 6 years.

We paid overs for the Canterbury 4.

And FMD, we paid overs for Finch. Whatever we paid him.

I agree that tough decisions need to be made in respect of the halves, because we appear to have too many options in the three grades.

But if we let our first produced strike backrower since Hindmarsh go because other clubs offered "overs" it will be a copout pure and simple.

Bigfella

Coach
My only other query is why Cronulla and Manly appear to be the clubs to have targeted him.

Aren't they both well served for backrowers?

And reasonably well stocked with 5/8's?

The Colonel

Immortal
Bigfella said:
My only other query is why Cronulla and Manly appear to be the clubs to have targeted him.

Aren't they both well served for backrowers?

And reasonably well stocked with 5/8's?

Q) Cronulla

A) Jim Dymock - Feleti's international coach and hero when he was growing up.

Q) Manly

A) They see a new toy that someone else have and they don't....... so they throw money at him until he comes over.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bigfella said:
If we lose him and claim it's because we don;t pay overs it is a copout.

We paid Tahu overs. We probably paid Cayless overs for the last 6 years.

We paid overs for the Canterbury 4.

And FMD, we paid overs for Finch. Whatever we paid him.

I agree that tough decisions need to be made in respect of the halves, because we appear to have too many options in the three grades.

But if we let our first produced strike backrower since Hindmarsh go because other clubs offered "overs" it will be a copout pure and simple.

what if for some reason un explained to us that paying overs still isn't enough??

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Paying overs is the way to go short term to a long term solution. Souths are an example aswell as Manly, Manly are reaping the rewards this year

Bigfella

Coach
what if for some reason un explained to us that paying overs still isn't enough??

Then it would certainly be a copout to say we didn't sign him coz we don't pay overs! In fact it would be a downright lie! LOL

All good now anyway mate!

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bigfella said:
Then it would certainly be a copout to say we didn't sign him coz we don't pay overs! In fact it would be a downright lie! LOL

All good now anyway mate!

it is...but can reveal it was a close call, the pricks tried to manipulate Feleti with a tour of the Northern beach's...

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
it is...but can reveal it was a close call, the pricks tried to manipulate Feleti with a tour of the Northern beach's...

Northern beaches:roll: what's wrong with Lalor park & Smithfield?

Bigfella

Coach
And a real temptation must have been one of those magical apartment blocks that Matt Orford and Ben Jennedy have c/o Delmege?