What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feleti's Injury

Ron Jeremy

Coach
pazzaeel said:
i agree with ron.

no way reddy should hae been resigned before feleti. i am of course assuming his salary comes under the main salary cap.

It would, brillant resigning! definately building to a successful future resigning our number one centre.

Pazza

First Grade
Ron Jeremy said:
f**king Lowrie & Reddy. Unlike others i was absoluetly pissed Reddy was resigned for 2 years, now we may loose our best young forward because that tosser was resigned, greedy scab.

so reddy and lowrie on big money aye?

why not f**k of mateo for being a greedy sh*t? the only reason he would leave the club is for the $$$$$ he has a first grade spot here and adequate money for a player of his talent and experiance

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You're on the money there Ron though, Reddy being re-signed ahead of Smith,INU,Hayne and Mateo. Makes you wonder,

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
A clue? ok einstein, would've resigned Reddy knowing that we would be struggling to have enough funds to resign Smith, Feleti?

I'm sorry but i'm a big believer in having your priority resignings and then whatevers left use that to sign the dregs liek Reddy and Lowrie.

how do you know Feleti hasn't been a priority signing??? how do you know that haven't been trying for months?

Lowrie was signed last year he's got nothing to do with Mateo's retention.

and what money do you think Reddy's on????

and how do you know that the club would of struggled to sign Smith and Mateo few months back when we tied up Reddy and Grothe?? As always Ron you blow hot air mate, you've got nothing.

Why don't you ask Issac Moses why Feleti wasn't signed a few months back if you really want to know.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
how do you know Feleti hasn't been a priority signing??? how do you know that haven't been trying for months?

Lowrie was signed last year he's got nothing to do with Mateo's retention.

and what money do you think Reddy's on????

and how do you know that the club would of struggled to sign Smith and Mateo few months back when we tied up Reddy and Grothe?? As always Ron you blow hot air mate, you've got nothing.

Why don't you ask Issac Moses why Feleti wasn't signed a few months back if you really want to know.

Just say eela Reddy was signed to an $80,000 a year deal, that is $80,000 which could've been used to sign Feleti, get my drift?

As for the negotiation process? Myself, Jake and others have been screaming for this guy to play more first grade since 2004, yet this, on a one year deal which i'm led to believe he was close to not even being offered a deal if it wasn't for the intervention of M Hagan. This asks serious questions about our ability to resign & sign players, Feleti should've been resigned a long time ago, yet now his value is alot more and we may struggle to keep him. As for Lowrie? regardless if it was last year he still contributes to the cap for this & next year if he's here, that was one mistake of Hagans.

Just on another topic, weren't a few of our players being rewarded for 10 year service this year or next, if so, then we also should have even money avaliable to sign these players.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Pazza said:
so reddy and lowrie on big money aye?

why not f**k of mateo for being a greedy sh*t? the only reason he would leave the club is for the $$$$$ he has a first grade spot here and adequate money for a player of his talent and experiance

i will if he signs for anyone but Parra:lol: ;-)

Just remember also that Feleti has been here a while and looks to be enjoying his football, his flegg side from 2004 are progressing to bigger and better things, and i'm sure i read somewhere that he always wanted to play for Parra, these factors certainly would help in the negotiation process.

Delboy

First Grade
Feleti 's manager is not held in high regard around the traps and Eela is on the money as the club have been chasing Mateo's signature since the start of the season.

Whilst it is the managers right to pursue all offerrs it appears that not all of them have the players future as a first priority having said that the player is very happy at Parra but it would be unswise to think that he cant be influenced in a big way after all he is only 21 and maybe a little unsure about his abiltiy despite being a a target of Hagan since last year.

However it is flattering to receive the attention and a tour of apartments overlooking the ocean but look at Jak nowhere to be seen since his move which was for money and through the same manager .

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Delboy said:
Feleti 's manager is not held in high regard around the traps and Eela is on the money as the club have been chasing Mateo's signature since the start of the season.

Whilst it is the managers right to pursue all offerrs it appears that not all of them have the players future as a first priority having said that the player is very happy at Parra but it would be unswise to think that he cant be influenced in a big way after all he is only 21 and maybe a little unsure about his abiltiy despite being a a target of Hagan since last year.

However it is flattering to receive the attention and a tour of apartments overlooking the ocean but look at Jak nowhere to be seen since his move which was for money and through the same manager .

That's not what i'm pissed about, more the fact the club wasn't even going to resign him last year for this year if it wasn't for the intervention of Hagan.

Ocean views pfft:roll: i'll take him on a tour through gods country Smithfield and Fairfield.

Nothing stopping him from getting an apartment whilst at Parra;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
Just say eela Reddy was signed to an $80,000 a year deal, that is $80,000 which could've been used to sign Feleti, get my drift?

As for the negotiation process? Myself, Jake and others have been screaming for this guy to play more first grade since 2004, yet this, on a one year deal which i'm led to believe he was close to not even being offered a deal if it wasn't for the intervention of M Hagan. This asks serious questions about our ability to resign & sign players, Feleti should've been resigned a long time ago, yet now his value is alot more and we may struggle to keep him. As for Lowrie? regardless if it was last year he still contributes to the cap for this & next year if he's here, that was one mistake of Hagans.

Just on another topic, weren't a few of our players being rewarded for 10 year service this year or next, if so, then we also should have even money avaliable to sign these players.

I didn't here you screaming when he went to the London Broncos in 2005. Hagan is the only guy who makes the call on who to offer contracts to in the top 25, therefore management would not have made the offer to anyone unless Hages gives them the all clear, he is the head coach he is the only one that needs to intervene so I don't know how you're questioning the clubs ability to re-sign or sign players.

Just for the record, Hages obviously saw a heap of potential in him and prevented him from walking out of Parra to go to Penrith in the last moment late last year.

Pazza

First Grade
chopping and changing of coaches has left our contracting of players all over the place. lucky jt came in or hayne might not have played last year

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
I didn't here you screaming when he went to the London Broncos in 2005. Hagan is the only guy who makes the call on who to offer contracts to in the top 25, therefore management would not have made the offer to anyone unless Hages gives them the all clear, he is the head coach he is the only one that needs to intervene so I don't know how you're questioning the clubs ability to re-sign or sign players.

Just for the record, Hages obviously saw a heap of potential in him and prevented him from walking out of Parra to go to Penrith in the last moment late last year.

Actually i didn't kick and scream eela because he was loaned to the London Broncos, so he wasn't lost completely and was young....actually i thought it was a good move at the time and i thought he'd get some much needed bigger game experience, i was pissed when he came back and was never considered by Taylor or Smith when he was playing great.

And yes i'm grateful Hages did see that and i've mentioned it numerous times.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Pazza said:
chopping and changing of coaches has left our contracting of players all over the place. lucky jt came in or hayne might not have played last year

it was a strange situation but Hagan was working for Parra in his own time to get a competative squad together all of last year, i bet you he was happy for 2006 to end, I'm pretty sure he got to know the wife and kids again in November ;-)

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:

Also forgot to mention, i was refering to who we employeed previously didn't have the talent to identify these players, and who employed them?

Pazza

First Grade
well exacty, atleast now he will be able to devote his whole time to our squad

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
Actually i didn't kick and scream eela because he was loaned to the London Broncos, so he wasn't lost completely and was young....actually i thought it was a good move at the time and i thought he'd get some much needed bigger game experience, i was pissed when he came back and was never considered by Taylor or Smith when he was playing great.

And yes i'm grateful Hages did see that and i've mentioned it numerous times.

do you honestly believe that he was sent to London to get more experiance or do you think it was an attitude problem and issue between him and Smith?

actually, don't answer that...we won't go there ;-)

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
Also forgot to mention, i was refering to who we employeed previously didn't have the talent to identify these players, and who employed them?

sorry, I don't know what you mean?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
do you honestly believe that he was sent to London to get more experiance or do you think it was an attitude problem and issue between him and Smith?

actually, don't answer that...we won't go there ;-)

Smith would take a fart in the elevator as an 'attitude problem' i think it was a little bit of both tbh. Why didn't they just release him then......

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
IMO its a very simple equation....Mateo has the potential to be another SBW....now its up to us and only us what to do next.....and if that means taking a risk by adding an extra few $$ to the contract so be it....hell if it also ment losing a cannings or cordoba....even both, then so be it...we can always find another front rower but players with mateos potential only come around every so often

Ron Jeremy

Coach
Prodigal Eel said:
IMO its a very simple equation....Mateo has the potential to be another SBW....now its up to us and only us what to do next.....and if that means taking a risk by adding an extra few $$ to the contract so be it....hell if it also ment losing a cannings or cordoba....even both, then so be it...we can always find another front rower but players with mateos potential only come around every so often

Exactly right, he is a one of a kind, and have always thought how great it would be to have a player similar to sbw at our club.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
Smith would take a fart in the elevator as an 'attitude problem' i think it was a little bit of both tbh. Why didn't they just release him then......

that's something you should ask Smithy...;-)