What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feleti's Injury

Stagger eel

Staff member
Prodigal Eel said:
IMO its a very simple equation....Mateo has the potential to be another SBW....now its up to us and only us what to do next.....and if that means taking a risk by adding an extra few $$ to the contract so be it....hell if it also ment losing a cannings or cordoba....even both, then so be it...we can always find another front rower but players with mateos potential only come around every so often

maybe they're trying to do that with PJ and few others off contract who knows??

Ron Jeremy

Coach
eelavation said:
that's something you should ask Smithy...;-)

I don't have too, i sort've knew their was a problem with Feleti's attitude a while back, however he wasn't released so then make the most of him.

Prodigal Eel

Juniors
maybe they're trying to do that with PJ and few others off contract who knows??

Well if thats the truth, how the hell can manly match it considering there playing roster atm.....if he was to go to manly and if we did what u said, then either he really wants to go to manly and dosent care how much his getting.....or manly are using monoply money with a house on park lane.....imo its the second one

Stagger eel

Staff member
Ron Jeremy said:
I don't have too, i sort've knew their was a problem with Feleti's attitude a while back, however he wasn't released so then make the most of him.

I can only hope we can make the most of it.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Geez all this waiting to find out if these young guys are going and staying, f**king players managers. Make a living of other peoples talent. I just want to know one way or another.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Prodigal Eel said:
Well if thats the truth, how the hell can manly match it considering there playing roster atm.....if he was to go to manly and if we did what u said, then either he really wants to go to manly and dosent care how much his getting.....or manly are using monoply money with a house on park lane.....imo its the second one

you'll have to ask Manly that. I know as much as you..

Stagger eel

Staff member
hineyrulz said:
Geez all this waiting to find out if these young guys are going and staying, f**king players managers. Make a living of other peoples talent. I just want to know one way or another.

probably the smartest post of the night :lol:

I really mean it...player managers are the root of all evil and should be rounded up and exterminated :lol:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
eelavation said:
probably the smartest post of the night :lol:

I really mean it...player managers are the root of all evil and should be rounded up and exterminated :lol:
Well you won't get any arguements from me, fire away :)

strider

Post Whore
I find the SBW - Feleti comparisons weird .... I see them as very different players - the common thing is their height and ability to carry the ball in one hand .... other than that they are quite different ..... i guess ppl liken them in that they can both have a big effect on a game

MrT

Juniors
well we've let go of PJ and Tahu, I'd say that freed up more cash than manly has, while we also spent less for this season.

caylo

Bench
mickdo said:
Manly have let Monaghan go, so maybe that freed up some cash?

they let go of Monaghan because he would have put them over the cap, in saying that he was reportedly on $K, and they would have to have someone come in to the squad for him on considerably less cash to stay under. It's all speculation I'd say, with Timmy and Blake both rumored to be deep in talks, if not agreed to terms already, i wouldn't be surprised if they were waiting to announce a collection of signings. Mateo would be silly to leave at this stage and chase the cash, he has played 10 first grade games, he has alot more to do before he proves himself.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
eelavation said:
he's up there...but pound for pound the most naturally gifted player at the club is Albert Kelly with Anthony Mitchell and Kris Keating not to far behind...all three with Tony Williams are all still under 20..

Don't those guys come under a different cap though because they aren't in the squad? Just talking about squad players who are off contract, I'm struggling to think of a more talented one than Mateo.

We have waited a long time to have a ball playing backrower like Mateo, if the club aren't putting priority on getting him signed up then that'll do me. Maybe they are, I have no "sources" or anything and I am sure you know more than I do, but if the club let this bloke slip then the people involved should give it away.

Stagger eel

Staff member
what i do know Jay is that they are putting out all stops to keep him, but at then end of the day that still doesn't matter because if he does end up defecting they'll be a sh*tload of finger pointing from everywhere saying that we didn't try hard enough.

eeladdick

Juniors
eelavation said:
what i do know Jay is that they are putting out all stops to keep him, but at then end of the day that still doesn't matter because if he does end up defecting they'll be a sh*tload of finger pointing from everywhere saying that we didn't try hard enough.
I'll have to agree with you on that one eela

Freak2

Juniors
I wouldn't panick too much about Mateo.

I think clubs often delay contract announcements to see what other clubs are in the market for quality players. I would be shocked beyond belief if we lost Mateo!!

Gronk

Staff member
Yep it would be a massive blow. But at the end of the day how can you compete with a club offering massive overs. If it happens then you just have to move on. He may very well Rep for his country in the future - and he may well just as easy go missing.

jk13

First Grade
it makes sense really, why would his scumbag manager advise him to sign now or soon. if we make the finals/win the finals (lovely dream) and hes instrumental in this success, if he waits till then it might be an additional $50K - $100K in his pocket (pure speculation as know one really knows).
Can his new contract have this type of incentive based deal where it goes up should he be the money man at the end of the year?