What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fergo Disputing Faking Injury

bileduct

Coach
Its not even an on field thing. We have had worse years ON THE FIELD in recent history and I watched those games. We only missed out on the spoon a few years ago on f/a and I didn't feel like this.
This.

I would prefer to have a crap team, play badly and win a wooden spoon than have a team full of people like Dugan, Ferguson and Carney and wonder every morning what has happened off the field overnight that will completely derail our season.

Card Shark

Immortal
The thing that annoys me is that the NRL seem to be hell-bent on preventing "stars" of the game from code-swithing and the like, at all costs. When the truth is there will always be another player to come along and light it up.......they're better off protecting the integrity of the game and as you say, get strict with contracts.

Just makes the NRL look like a joke.

Agree with this.

If players wanna go, let them go & don't let them come back! They are very well paid.

Look after the ones that stay & the game they play!

Raider_69

Post Whore
This.

I would prefer to have a crap team, play badly and win a wooden spoon than have a team full of people like Dugan, Ferguson and Carney and wonder every morning what has happened off the field overnight that will completely derail our season.

Yep. I said it a few weeks ago, i actually kind of hate this team right now. Choc full of talented but selfish pea hearts. Absolutely no pride in the jersey or themselves.
It's appalling.

The shit this club has put with thanks to literally a hand full of selfish merkins, and pack of pea hearts in the SLG is disgusting.

First Grade
Probably on the cusp of having a team to challenge the top 4 and in a year we lose Dugan, Ferguson, Thompson and look to be losing Milford.

So back to square one. A place we've been since the late 90s.

Sort of kills the enthusiasm.

As in all life mate try and concentrate on the positives, one would be you got Joel Edwards from us.

skeepe

Immortal
De-register him for 2014. He has obviously instigated his own sacking like his boyfriend Dugan.

The real question is why? Just be a team player for two more weeks and he gets guaranteed pay until the end of October, and he can use his get out clause on November 1.

What an idiot.

Raider_69

Post Whore
It'll be a pretty damning indictment on how the NRL views protecting small market clubs like ours, if they allow a contract for ferguson to be registered in 2014
It probably wont, i am a sucker for a poorly administered sport after all, but right now i feel like it would just about push me to my limits for this code.

nrlnrl

First Grade
It's time to teach this guy a lesson & de-register him. I don't want to hear players say it would be the wrong thing to do, would they say the same thing if he was a fringe first grader ?

He just seems clueless & thinks he can just walk into another club that'll pay him $500,000 ( or more ) a year. He needs to learn about respect & how to deal with ups & downs in life. Yes he's had some adversity, but plenty of others have as well & made something of their life.

He's making bad choices & being given really bad advice. He thinks all the publicity means he'll be more in demand, but clubs should ignore him. Hopefully the NRL takes a tough stance & puts some rules in place to stop players just leaving clubs because they don't like it, don't like the coach or just have no idea about commitment.

Stop running away from problems, deal with them & use your ability as a rugby league player. Hopefully you'll mature & become a better person who can then teach others about what you learn.

fizman

Bench
I genuinely feel sorry for Canberra fans from an "on field" football perspective but the realty of life is that the current structure and pathway for a young talented footballer is nothing short of diabolically destructive. Too much money far too early in life and far too much time on their hands.

They are also in a system where they are praised and adored far too easily. A Rugby League career would be built on doing an "apprenticeship" through the lower grades. Learning your craft and cutting your teeth in U23's, Reserve Grade and then if you were good enough a First Grade position.

A 19 year old player can literally achieve a lifetime of Rugby League achievements in 2-3 years. Been there, done that. Whats the next sporting challenge?

It was only 10 years ago that we as a Rugby League community were aghast at Brett Kimmorley flying around to different Clubs looking for the best offer, today it is the standard.

How many clubs will the current and future footballers play for? The game has gone mad.

Back to the main topic though and the message is simply that these young guys haven't matured to handle the fame and fortune that comes their way. Clubs are always trying to get that "next" big superstar and in their endeavours to find that special one they can in some cases create a path of destruction in many lives.

I know many would disagree, but I would like to see a minimum age of 22 years for NRL First Grade.

nrlnrl

First Grade
That's punishing the good for the behaviour of the bad.

Punish the bad!!

exactly, like 99% of people being at the cricket ( not in private boxes or Members ) who can't buy a full strength beer because of a few clowns who run on the filed

fizman

Bench
I don't believe that it is a punishment, I believe that it allows footballers time to mature, not only as players but also as people and allows them more time to understand their roles and responsibilities.

Not only that, my view is that it will keep players in the game longer.

I don't want to see a 19 or 20 year old talent come in win a Premiership, play Origin and represent Australia within 2 or 3 years.

I would prefer they do their apprenticeship in the lower grades first.

These are just my own views.

Card Shark

Immortal
Know where you are coming from Fiz but to have a hard & fast rule may turn some of the best young talent away from the game.

Some can handle it , some can't.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Good riddance to him. There has never been a better moment to make an example out of a consummate dickhead.

De-register him and tell him to go box with his equally as dipshit Uncle or whatever Mundine is to him.

Paullyboy

Coach
The problem is these wankers know that some other sport will take them. Rugby union will take absolutely anyone if it means they get a few pages worth of publicity out of it - after all, they're not going to get any publicity whatsoever if there aren't league people in their game.

So we will de-register Ferguson, he'll sign with the ARU, become a superstar in that sham of a sport and then people in 2 years will be desperate to get him back.

It's just so hard to justify being a fan of the NRL at the moment. I'll always love the sport of rugby league, but I'm completely numb to the NRL now. Its the first time in my life I don't think I'll end up watching a game in the finals.

Latest posts